RPS Asks: What’s Your New Year’s Videogame Resolution?

Mine is 1920×1080. Wahey!

Sometime over the Christmas break I’ll find myself looking to the year ahead. I’m not one for making resolutions, exactly – this will not be the year I become a better person, or the year I start working out, or the year I fix the lights in the bathroom.

But maybe it will be the year that I play the Mass Effect series?

I’ve been doing this job for nine years now and, for all the opportunity it offers to play videogames, it’s easy to find yourself stuck in a rut. There’s the big games you need to play for work, the big games you think you need to play just to have an opinion on them, the comfort games you play to relax. It leaves little time for the kind of thing you never tried before.

I thought I had a handle on the breadth of games – an idea, at least, of just how many there are – until one New Year’s I decided I’d spend the next year trying to expand my horizons.

For me, the first step was to start playing a couple of genres of PC games I’d always bounced off – simulations and grand strategy games. I got into LockOn and then X-Plane, Crusader Kings and then Europa Universalis.

The second step was to explore consoles that I’d missed. I bought a PlayStation 2, a selection of second hand games, and then started importing things.

Then I went hunting for new indie things, stumbled across Minecraft and Spelunky early in their development, and finally overcame the initial learning hump of Dwarf Fortress.

What I discovered at each turn was that, with a little persistence, I could enjoy almost any kind of game. Each was a gateway into a new genre with a decades-long history I’d never touched, and a source of new fun stretching off into the future.

I was only scratching the surface obviously, but each new year has brought a new urge to tumble down some new rabbit hole. Whenever my ideas seemed to run out, I’d turn to Hardcore Gaming 101, to read about far more games than I could ever play. I started trying to play Japanese visual novels, but never found one I liked. I got other foreign games, struggled with fan translations, stumbled about on forums. If this were a film, I’d cut to a scene of me running towards the camera against a black background, never moving, while I bug-out at warped neon signs and emulators and clunky PC Engine strategy games floating past.

If you’re serious about having fun with games – an absurd notion, I know – then “play everything” is a pretty good bit of advice. You’ll discover you enjoy far more than you realised. You’ll unlock new avenues of fun for yourself. You’ll learn a lot more about the things you already enjoyed, as you see parts of them reflected in the new games you’re playing.

Counter to all of this, for me, right now my rut is about not making enough time to play big games. Mass Effect might be in my future yet, but also Dragon Age: Inquisition and Divinity: Original Sin, Alien: Isolation and Wolfenstein: The New Order. I missed a lot this past year alone. If I had to condense my goals for 2015 down to a resolution, I’d say my aim is to play fewer games for longer.

So here’s my question for you: what’s your New Year’s gaming resolution? If you want to change your gaming habits, how do you intend to do it? What games are you finally going to play? What game are you finally going to give up? Is this the year you learn to love collectable card games? Is 2015 finally time for you to overcome your fear of esports?

1. Skeletor68 says:

To try and save for a desktop to replace my laptop.

distantlurker says:

Stop spending every spare minute of my life monumentally drunk on the sofa watching cr*p I can’t even remember the next day and complaining that I don’t have enough time to play all the games in my steam library; and actually get around to playing them.

I’m going to get that tattooed on my *face* so that I can’t weasel out of it (may need to invest in a bigger face).

3. Cross says:

I want not a single reputable game in my Steam library left unplayed by the end of next year. Bad Rats can go f*ck itself, but everything else is up for discovery.

4. Anthile says:

To play more console games, ironically. My TV isn’t very large and there is quite a distance between it and the couch which makes it a hassle to play. I guess I’ll just plug it into the PC screen and pretend it’s just that.

5. Wowbagger says:

To stop buying games on a whim and then playing maybe 20 minutes (if that) before moving on to something else, like I have the attention span of a 2 year old. I blame steam/digital purchasing in general, that and a hugely increased level of disposable income. I used to have physical copies of games that I’d play to death before moving on.

Edit: Although I have to qualify that remark by saying I’ve been playing BOIsaac: rebirth non stop recently to the exclusion of all else.

• Oozo says:

This, absolutely this.

I actually even thought about buying a WiiU, because on some weird days, the prospect of having a console with less than a dozen essential titles coming out each year is soothing. It’s not that I want to complain because I have too much money and not enough time (ok, I do want to complain about that.) But games tend to feel cheaper these days, because there are just so damn many of them.

(Of course, I wouldn’t want the days back when all platforms were walled gardens, either. Still, there are days — like the one RPS posts an endless list of potentially interesting titles coming out in the next 12 months alone — that I crave a little less choice, and more conversations surrounding the ones that do come out. I’m weak, I know. Humans are strange like that.)

• Evil Pancakes says:

So basically, you want less wide freedom of choice and a more effective freedom of choice. In other words: you want to have positive freedom, not negative freedom. Congratulations, you are now a socialist :p

But yes, the overwhelming amount of choices available tends to make any choice you make feel less significant. Which is really another reason why there should be some curation on steam imo.

As for my resolution, buy less games on impulse (and regret it a day later). Only buy games I really want.

• yalla says:

Oh yeah, exactly that! I have around 70 games just alone in my Steam library and haven’t event finished 10 or so of them. Also, I have around 10 originally shrink-wrapped games on my shelf for my PS3 and were already thinking of buying a PS4. Shame on me!

6. Philopoemen says:

Less Lets Plays; more Me plays

• fish99 says:

Same here except for me it’s play more games myself and waste less time watching other people play them on twitch streams.

7. shinygerbil says:

I’m also gonna try the whole “stop buying games and go through my backlog” thing. Tried and failed in the past, though, I just love buying the latest shiny thing :(

Bluerps says:

I have already started on mine, during the current Steam sale: I stopped buying games just because they are on sale (or in a bundle) and I might want to play them some day in the future. That felt clever the first few times I did it – “Hah! Now I have to pay only 10$, and not the 25$ that it’ll cost when I want to play it in three months!” – but of course it just led to an enormous Steam library full of games I haven’t played. Now I only buy games that I want to play immediately.

9. Cochise779 says:

Stop watching Futurama for the nineteenth time and play the games I keep saying I want to. And then actually finish them. Too many games left a few good hours away from completion, and now if I were to go back to it I’d have to remember all the tricks of it again.

Also, finally go beat Dark Souls.

• welverin says:

Watching Futurama is a worthy endeavor, I suggest going for twenty!

10. jaheira says:

Try for the sixth time to understand what people who aren’t me like so much about Dark Souls. Last time I bounced off it so hard there is a jaheria shaped hole in the living room wall behind me. Seventh time’s the charm.

• Anthile says:

Have you tried watching a let’s play?

• Gargenville says:

You might also try Dark Souls II, it’s not as cool or fashionable but way more convenient. The sweat pants to the previous game’s raw 18 Oz denim.

• sicbanana says:

Maybe you went one of the two “not-so-ideal” routes from Firelink Shrine? Hint: There are three ways from it! ;)
      After I found the right way it was a revelation for me! Thought I just sucked whilst bashing my head against those skellies in the graveyard… haha.

Damien Stark says:

This is a definite possibility. When I started playing it, I cruised right on down and headed through the tunnel to Blighttown. Of course, I kept getting killed, but that’s what everyone says, over and over, about Dark Souls! Oh, it’s so difficult, you die over and over again! So I figured I was right on track and the game was just irritating.

A few days later I talked to my brother, he was like “oh man that’s Blighttown, you don’t want to go there.”

Sure enough, when I headed “the right way”, everything went much smoother. Hell, after the Capra Demon I don’t think I even died on most of the bosses.

• mattevansc3 says:

For me its the rewarding learning curve. I’ll be honest and say I’m a button masher at heart and never got on with games with combos our complex systems but after persisting through the first few areas I got on with Dark Souls.

It’s difficult if you don’t play the game its way. Every enemy, every boss and location has a pattern to learn from and a tactic to work out. It punishes you for not working it out so when you do eventually work it out ours all the more rewarding.

Andy_Panthro says:

I haven’t tried it yet, despite all the gushing praise. I get the feeling that my complete lack of skill in such games (that whole combat system) will mean I will end up frustrated and angry.

I still haven’t finished the witcher 2 for similar reasons, I just got annoyed with the combat & interface.

• mattevansc3 says:

Give it a go, take your time and a good defence is not a good offence in this game. Learn the enemy’s attack pattern and time it for a parry. That will see you through most of the opponents.

• Vandelay says:

Honestly, I wish they would just ditch the character leveling element of the game. I have no idea whether my failing is my own incompetence or a shit build.

I feel like I should love the game for not hand holding and being focused on exploration, but both times I have tried to play it I have come away frustrated, bored or confused.

• Geebs says:

Not an expert, but I agree with the sentiment that character builds don’t matter all that much in Dark Souls unless you want to create some bizarre min-maxed PvP horror. Basically just put points in strength and dexterity to allow you to use the weapons you want, then concentrate on upgrading gear. Oh, and use the Gargoyle halberd or Zweihander, those are basically Dark Souls’ “easy mode”

• 2helix4u says:

My new years resolution is to beat Dark Souls. I also bounced off it and DS2 4 times before finally settling into Prepare to Die. Now I’m about 15 hours in and the game is apparently about to take the gloves off/begin, which would normally fill me with tedious dread but I’m excited as hell. (Just outta Blighttown, an unpleasant place but with suprisingly lenient platforming shortcuts.)

You’ve just gotta realise the early parts of the game are essentially a selection barrier to see if you’re serious about playing the game. The whole game is difficult but you will learn faster than you do in any other game because the entire game itself is basically a finely tuned Masters course in Dark Souls. If you pay attention to what its trying to teach you you’ll rapidly become competent.

Once I got to Undead Parish, the second proper zone, I was in love with this damn game. Its one of those games where you can feel the developer watching over your shoulder and nodding knowingly in every encounter.

Also a lot of folk don’t like that enemies respawn at bonfires and neither did I until I learnt:
      A) Its actually, like all mechanics, cleverly tied into the lore.
      B) It means essentially infinite souls, so the game can be as hard as I like.
      C) It forces you to actually learn how to fight and accelerates that cool process where you go back and destroy an enemy who killed you half a dozen times.

If you wanna cheese it go Sorceror or Pyromancer to make most of the bosses trivial or get the Drake sword at the start to make things easier. My friend told me not to get Lightning Spears so of course I went and got them immediately, they’re pretty neat if you’ve got 25 faith.

• jalf says:

The main thing I’d recommend is basically “don’t go it alone”. Watch let’s plays or check the wiki. Ask people who know the game for tips and suggestions.

It’s an amazing game, but bumbling around getting killed because you don’t know what to do or where to go isn’t what’s fun about it. It’s a game that shines once you’ve learned how to play it. And the best way to learn how to play it is to get advice from more experienced players.

There are games that should ideally be played completely blind, with no prior knowledge of the game, to get the full experience. Dark Souls is not one of them.

11. Darth Gangrel says:

To actually play some of the games I bought during Steam’s 2014 Holiday Sale.

12. iaguz says:

Get good at Starcraft 2

Get super good at Starcraft 2

Get super fucking great at Starcraft 2.

• Kentauroi says:

I make that resolution every time I watch the WCS world finals. Still cant break out of gold or a 50apm average…..

13. mattevansc3 says:

Well mine is to actually use those game maker programs I bought and start making my own game.

Start of simple and make something generic to learn the ropes and then start making something a bit different.

SoundDust says:

Same here. I figure, after 20 years of doodling with pieces of code and never getting anywhere near a playable thing, this year it’s time to make something I can actually finish.

• mattevansc3 says:

I picked up RPG Maker in the humbler bundle so will probably give that and Microsoft’s Project Spark a go first before progressing to YoYo’s Game Maker suite. What’s your plan of action?

• melnificent says:

Same here. RPG maker and gamemaker are sat accusing me of not using them.

SoundDust says:

My plan of action is try to write up some plans, and stick to prototyping in a simple way, rather than start coding right away. Also going to learn some Unity once I get further along – GameMaker looks interesting too.

• Cockie says:

This (except for the 20 year part). My highlight of 2014 was a sprite you could move that collided with walls, I hope to get further in 2015.
        Personally trying the (foss) Godot engine which seems quite promising and user-friendly.

Ninja Dodo says:

Some useful links for GM devs:

A lot of existing tutorials were written for older versions of Game Maker. Things to bear in mind when porting from GM7 or 8 to Studio: link to help.yoyogames.com

Also keep an eye on the YoYo tech blog were they tend to post the latest news about big new features and delve deeper into existing ones: link to yoyogames.com

It sometimes helps to look at the source of existing games:
      Spelunky source – link to spelunkyworld.com
      Grandma platformer engine – link to forums.tigsource.com

And: link to gamemakertutorials.com (video tutorials)

14. Kingmarzo says:

Probably going to stick to 2560 x 1440

15. GameCat says:

I want to finally make some games instead of just playing them.

16. CookPassBabtridge says:

I never make resolutions as I immediately resent them, and forcing myself to do something thats meant to be fun is completely self defeating. I will carry on learning to fly in the different sims and keep it fun by not getting all anal and tight about being “good” at it. I know I have a weird tendency towards gaming perfectionism and its phenomenon that sucks fun out of gaming experiences. So my only resolution is not to have one.

• Melody says:

If I had to wish for something gaming related, that would be it for me as well.
      Get rid of completionism/perfectionism/OCD to an even greater extent and just learn to enjoy what I find without having to see everything, complete everything, get every ending, be super good etc.

Also, play more smaller and non-traditional games, and especially more joyful/uplifting ones.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

Sounds like a good plan. I quite like the idea of anti-resolutions :)

17. J-Force says:

Like you, I have not played Mass Effect. I have now remedied this mistake with my new year gaming resolution: to play through the Mass Effect series. Yesterday I got 1 and 2 on steam sale, modded some better graphics in and now I’m playing through it. A lot of fun. It’s suprising how good those decade old game engines can be with a little modding.

sabby787 says:

Be more involved in selected gaming scenes. Like RPS! Starting right now!

• Blackcompany says:

Welcome! This has to be one of the loveliest gaming communities on the web. Hope you enjoy your stay!

19. dangermouse76 says:

I am going be moving up from my weird 1440 x 900 to a new digital photography friendly 4K ( possibly ). Also I will be going SSD, or if they are properly supported a PCI-e SSD.

Gaming wise I am moving away from FPS’s to RPG’s and Civ / Xcom type games in 2015 so will be checking out your list later.

I am also making a vow to try once a week to get some online co-op going with various friends I have around the world. I had stopped playing all multi player the last year or so and I miss the chat and beers and catch up over some castle crasher.

• Cockie says:

High resolutions are indeed great for photo editing and viewing. I’m jealous of my dad’s 1440p monitor.

20. LionsPhil says:

XGA for life!

I will continue to not force myself through games I do not actually want to play for some bizzare sense of completionism or “getting your money’s worth” of an entertainment product that is insuffciently entertaining to make you play it by that virtue alone. You people are crazy. Keep your power-through-doldrums efforts for the rest of life.

21. frymaster says:

God dammit, I saw the headline and got all excited before I saw the first line of the post. Bloody journalists, coming over here, stealing our jokes…

Literally the biggest disappointment of the year so far

22. captain nemo says:

Spend more time with Dwarf Fortress (same as last year)

23. libdab says:

I’m gonna try to get back into playing some of my hardcore grognard hex-based wargames à la Gary Grigsby’s War in the East, etc.

Used to love these games back in the day but the older I get, the harder I find it to commit to the time and effort required. Take note, you young whippersnappers, Gettin’ old ain’t no fun! ;-)

24. byjimini says:

Re-arrange my Steam wishlist based on Steamplay compatibility. I’m really, really excited about the new Steam Machines hopefully coming out and I’m keeping an eye on games that will run on it.

• mattevansc3 says:

SteamMachines after just normal PC’s running SteamOS and using Valve’s own controller.

If you use in home streaming you can build a Steambox for less than £200 right now. I currently use an ancient workstation desktop plugged into my TV with a wireless keyboard with a touchpad and a wireless Xbox controller.

• byjimini says:

No, I have a Chromebook for all things besides gaming. My PC rig is far too powerful for what I use it for (indie strategy games, mostly) so I’m downsizing and will see what the cheapest Steam Machine will be.

• mattevansc3 says:

The cheapest SteamMachine is literally the cheapest PC you can but/build with or without Windows. Steammachines are just standard x86 machines running a modified Linux Distro, which Valve has said will be free to download and potentially with Valve’s own handset.

25. melnificent says:

Stop writing engines and transfer my work to gamemaker.

Also write at least one email as a Twine a month… just because.

26. Sorbicol says:

To play my steam sale games. To make it to Elite.

27. bill says:

Try and play a strategy game for long enough to actually know what I’m doing.

Spend less time reading about games on RPS and commenting about games on RPS and spend more time playing actual games.

Re learn to code, either by making a game or an app or a Web app.

Jiskra says:

To find time to play games i bought in 2013 steam x-mas (kinda like x-com) sale … but its hopeless, i will end up playing CK2 and EU4 again …

29. spacedyemeerkat says:

Having owned, and bounced off, Crusader Kings 2 for an eternity, I really want to finally learn how to play it. It’s almost impenetrable to me :(

DelrueOfDetroit says:

The X52 Pro is currently $50 off on the Canadian Amazon site which means I have a Saitek X52 Pro on its way by mail and Elite: Dangerous waiting unloaded for it to arrive. That’ll make a bit of a difference.

31. bad guy says:

abandon my WinXP rig

32. Dicktatorship says:

1080p, just like every other day of the year. .

33. Gryz says:

Not play World of Warcraft this year.
    And not play it over the next 3 years.

I wasted January-August playing Mists of Pandaria. After a 22 month break. Then wasted another 5 weeks on Warlords of Draenor in November/December. I think I have a fair chance of succeeding. I really dislike WoD. And I only need to play the next expansion in 3.5 years from now (Fall 2018).

The real hard part is to not waste time reading forums and websites about WoW.

• airmikee says:

I walked away from that game the day before Cataclysm released. Played for 15 minutes when a friend sent me a free week after Pandaria released but it wasn’t enough. I don’t miss it in the slightest.

• Chickenboo says:

Funny, I feel the same way about MMOs. I don’t care to play them anymore but I like reading about the gradual patch changes, the community anger, the collective nostalgia for expansions past, and changes to come and how players feel about it. Current WoW didn’t recapture the feeling during Wrath for me and WoD so far sounds limited in gameplay. I don’t think I’ll play again. But I’ll continue to read about it while outside the house.

34. Thurgret says:

Finish at least three 2014 games that just somehow fell by the wayside (Dragon Age: Inquisition, Alien: Isolation, Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director’s Cut thingy).

Make the people who title these games use commas instead of colons for a year. Actually, no. That takes effort.

Not a resolution, but where’s Jim gone? And I see Philippa War has now been assimilated fully into the hivemind.

35. Turkey says:

I guess It will be to go through a whole year without buying any games. I’m never going to play them anyway.

36. K33L3R says:

Keep my back-log to a minimum, worked hard before Christmas to at least play a few hours of each game i hadn’t started to decide if i liked it enough to continue, don’t believe in playing for the sake of it

Another would be a little more diversity in what i play next after finishing a game, OD’d on turn based games mid point last year so by the time Wasteland 2 came out (which was one of my most anticipated games for 2014) i was sick of the game style and totally bounced of the damn thing /:-(, or maybe it just wasn’t as good as Xcom (Long War mod which I’d modified further to suit my tastes), Divinity, and Shadowrun Dragonfall?

37. undef says:

I want to release my first game by march and make it the best possible experience!
    That being said, I still need feedback.
    I’ve already released the first demo, I’d be happy to hear any opinions about it!
    link to quadrantgame.com

38. satan says:

2015 is the year I give up on Planetside2.

39. raiders5000 says:

My 2015 New Year’s Videogame Resolution: To play EVERY game in my Steam Library for AT LEAST 25 hours!

• jezcentral says:

How depressing. I just worked out that if I tried that, at two hours a day (which is the maximum I can spare), it would take 9.897 years.

I really have to stop reflex-buying during Steam sales…..

40. Ooops says:

Like many, release my own game. I have a head-start, as I’m very close to the 1.0 version of a relatively simple HTML5 game. Concept is Bejeweled with Prime numbers. Made with GameMaker. I’m aiming for a release this month.

Now to heave it featured on RPS… ;-)

41. MartinWisse says:

Like almost everybody else with more money than spare time I want to play more games rather than just “waste” time doing one more round of Civ V or FM2015, so I set myself the task of trying out at least one game each week to see if I like them, with a preference for indie or smaller games.

42. boyspud says:

I have 2 resolutions. First is to play all those awesome RPGs that came out last year. Just picked up Divinity: Original Sin, Banner Saga and Wasteland 2 in the sales, will be looking forward to Torment and Pillars of Eternity. Been far too long since I got a serious RPG hit.
    Second; to finally play that one game of Crusader Kings 2 where I start in the era of Charlemagne and bring my dynasty all the way to Europa Universalis. Never managed more than 3-4 generations before things started getting out of hand. Also, screw gavelkind succession :p

43. Gilead says:

I want to stop buying new games, at least for the first six months of 2015. I have so many I haven’t touched and a number of them I clearly bought just because they were a ‘good deal’. Just because something’s a good price doesn’t mean I need it at that very moment, if at all.

Also, I really want to make a text adventure so I can enter it into IFComp this year. If I start now I might just make it in time rather than forgetting about it until it’s too late, like I do every year.

44. fish99 says:

Would like to catch up on some of the console games I never got around to starting – Last of Us, Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Bayonetta, God of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Halo 3 maybe. The PS3/360 have barely been switched on the last 2 years.

On PC having finally played the first Assassin’s Creed I’d like to see how much better the series gets. I also need to get around to playing the Mass Effect series, and I’d like to get into some of the strategy games I own – Rome 2, Europa Universalis 4, CK2, and finally finish the awesome Shogun 2. Maybe finally get my moneys worth out of Guild Wars 2 too since it cost quite a lot and I’ve barely touched it.

Oh and force my way through The Witcher so I can enjoy the pretty sequels.

45. Synesthesia says:

Get an occulus rift and nail it to my face.

Maybe eat

46. Fenix says:

Buy a gaming PC. It seems impossible and is more of a wish than a resolution but whatever

47. Samuel Bass says:

Work as hard as I can to ship a really good game, try and find the time to work my way through my massive gaming backlog and support as many interesting games (and games writers) as I possibly can, even if I don’t have time to play / read them.

48. cpy says:

2560×1600 since i got my 970 SLI, but my old single 670 had resolution 1080p for some demanding games but generaly ran most games at 2560×1600. I love this resolution since i got my 30″ LCD.

49. Truck_Rockpec says:

To not buy any more games until the Winter 2015 sales. I doubt I’ll have my backlog cleared by then, but I really, really need to stop piling more on top. Between Steam, GoG, and my 3DS, I probably have over 50 titles which are worth spending time with.

50. Hello Allison says:

Mine falls into the “buy less stuff, play more currently-owned stuff” department, but I have set out a few ways of approaching that:

1. Old stuff! I have quite a few things on GOG in the always-meant-to-play-still-haven’t list. The Alone in the Dark set was the very first thing I bought on GOG, because I liked the first two back in the day, but the third actually still remains a complete unknown for me. I did a fair amount of Quests as a kid, but no Police ones or ones For Glory. It’s time I filled in a few old holes.
    Planned starting points: Quest For Glory and recent sale acquisition Cosmo’s Cosmic Adventure (already about halfway into this one actually).

2. New stuff! 2014 was a year of a lot of smaller releases for me, the Shovel Knights and Shantaes and Striders and other games that aren’t platformers starting with the letter “S” probably. And those are awesome! But I am pretty sure the biggest release I played all year was the Lego Movie tie-in game. I have some catching up to do, both from last year and in general.
    Planned starting points: I still have not played Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood or any Metal Gear past 3 (4, Ground Zeroes, Peace Walker, Rising), would like to catch up on those first and foremost. Would have to buy a few things there, but I have some of the ACs on Steam, we’ll see how that goes first before I go grab Freedom Cry and track down a copy of Portable Ops.

3. Gifted stuff! I have a few things people gave to me as gifts last year I haven’t gotten to yet, and I think that is kind of crummy of me. Gonna knock those out.
    Planned starting points include Age of Wonders 3, Grimrock 2, Valiant Hearts, and Thief.

4. Kickstarted stuff! I have been very good at backing things over the past few years that have no actually come out yet. Of about sixteen things, the only two that’ve come out are Loop (which is precisely what I wanted) and Massive Chalice (which seems solid but I’m waiting on it to get out of Early Access before I get too deep into it). Looking forward to hopefully seeing most of the rest in the next few months.
    Planned starting point: I think Treachery in Beatdown City’ll be at an event I’m going to later this month, so that. Otherwise I think Darkest Dungeon’ll be the first one out. I’ll play every new Shovel Knight update as it happens, too, though I didn’t back it initially.

5. Spooky stuff! I have a bunch of horror games in my backlog. I like horror games. I never get around to them because I’m a big chicken.
    Planned starting poitns: A Machine for Pigs, Neverending Nightmares, Last Door.