The RPS Steam Curators Page Has Had a Big Fat Update

Hello, you like hearing and/or disputing game recommendations, don’t you? In which case you might want to give the RPS Steam Curator page a follow. Admittedly we didn’t do too much with it in the tail-end of 2014 as we were so busy sorting out game of the year stuff and repeatedly contracting head colds, but as of today it’s had a huge update. The games we’ve most liked over the last few months, and our absolutely favourites from 2014, are all on there (at least those that are on Steam are), and we’ll continue to add anything we feel particularly warm and fuzzy about.

Over the next few days, we’ll also be adding everything we can from our ongoing Have You Played? series. Over time, this be an increasingly comprehensive archive of our PC game recommendations, both contemporary and olde worlde.

We won’t recommend just anything, though. For a game to be recommended on our Steam Curator page, at least one RPS writer has to have genuinely loved it. These are honest and personal recommendations from RPS contributors – you may well disagree with some of them (amazingly, human beings can have different opinions), but rest easy that they’re all there for the right reasons.

Follow the page here and you’ll also get to see our recommendations when you’re scouring Steam for inspiration as to what to play next. Bear in mind, it’s an ongoing list that’s nothing like ‘completed’ yet, if indeed it ever can be. Please do suggest games we could or should add to it, but don’t be that FOR SHAME RPS WHY NO FRUGAL MURDER-DWARF XII guy, eh?

1. suibhne says:

How can you follow that page? At least on Steam’s web interface, I see no such option.

(I’ve been in the RPS group for years, but that clearly doesn’t transfer to “Following” this curated list.)

• satan says:

I’ve got a follow button in the top right corner of my screen on that page.

Also could that page ease up on the ‘bestest best bestest best bestest best best best’…

• suibhne says:

There’s no “Follow” button on mine, even tho I’m logged in and am already a member of the RPS group.

On THIS page, however, there’s an option to “Follow”:
        link to steamcommunity.com

(But even after doing so, the second page updates to reflect my “Follower” status but the first does not. Steam’s curation obviously still has some teething to do.)

Aerothorn says:

It’s a real problem – my curator group has more members than followers because most of my associates didn’t know how to follow!

(shameless plug: link to steamcommunity.com)

2. Fumarole says:

No way this is recommended; the series went downhill after the third game.

• melnificent says:

I thought the sixth managed to put the series back on the path of greatness though. The removal of the unskippable 2 minute cutscene with every axe stroke really sped the game back up after it’s introduction in the fourth.

• Gruzbad says:

They really need a series reboot on this one. Bring it back to the frugal, get rid of so much murder.

3. Oakreef says:

amazingly, human beings can have different opinions
    I dunno this sounds pretty unethical to me. I think I should send Intel a few emails.

4. kalirion says:

Been following it since the beginning :)