What Are You Playing This Weekend?

Regular readers of RPS will be well aware that around these parts, we like a spot of Warhammer. Regular readers will also be aware that the last month has been a rather splendid time for such things. Earlier this week Vermintide was announced and Regicide was revealed, whilst in far-off January Total Waaaarghammer was confirmed and Battlefleet Gothic – Armada made its presence felt. Warhammer Quest crawled onto PC that same month, and towards the end of last year we got Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon too.

Good times for Games Workshop fans, eh? Especially those of us who stopped collecting and painting miniatures when we realised how much more affordable computer gaming was as a hobby. True story: Command & Conquer was the moment the penny dropped for me.

(I’m totally holding out for video game versions of Man O’ War and Necromunda. At this point it feels almost inevitable that we’ll see one or t’other.)

Anyway! I’m not here to flog Games Workshop games to anyone. I’m here to ask what you’re playing this weekend! For me, it’s going to be along the Warhammer theme. Since I’ve rinsed the Dawn of War series drier than a Necron’s adrenal gland, I reckon it’s time for me to revisit Blood Bowl. The Legendary Edition, to be precise, since that’s the last I bought before getting fed up of Cyanide’s faintly ridiculous approach to selling Blood Bowl games. The last time I sat down with Murder Rugby I played a Dwarf team, so this time I’m going Wood Elf for a completely different playstyle. It’s nice to change things up, yes?

So, folks: what’re you playing?

1. LionsPhil says:

I would say I’m playing Besiege having been suckered out of seven bucks for an incomplete game*, but in practice I’m spending a lot of time alt-tabbed to gaze in wonder at the stuff /v/ have been doing with it.

For example. (4chan, but SFW unless you get redirected for being banned or something.)

(* Actually I’m pretty happy that there’s a lot of game-ness there, it’s just short on levels so far.)

• gorgonaut says:

I’ve been mucking around with Besiege as well, lately. I’ve been obsessing over ever more intricate methods of steering, and making slidey bits work.

• blastaz says:

Another endorsement for besiege. It’s come out with a fairly small amount of levels, looks like there are planned to be about eight times as much at release, but with the sandbox level and the be swarmed by an army level you have enough to spend ages building happily.

• John O says:

I’ve had a look at it and fiddled around a bit. My brother on the other hand became hooked immediately and hadn’t been able to stop building for 2 days after i showed it to him.

• gorgonaut says:

I find myself campaigning for the damn game. Already, half the office has it.

• yan spaceman says:

… I’m Beseiging too. Not done more than the first two campaign levels yet, but £5 for just the sandbox mode is pretty good value. At the moment I’m concentrating on huge banks of cannons mounted on something like those temporary seating things you sometimes see at rock concerts and non-league football grounds.

• gorgonaut says:

I like mounting cannons on pistons, that themselves are mounted on pistons, that themselves are… you get the point. One buttonpress, and it goes all looney toons!

• KDR_11k says:

I like how durable pistons are. A big square of pistons that you just expand and contract repeatedly makes mincemeat out of people without suffering any real damage.

• LionsPhil says:

(It’s marginally cheaper via the devs’ website’s humble widget FWIW, and more importantly you get DRM-free versions as well activating it on Steam. Also Linux and Mac builds for those that are into that—delayed on Steam for some reason.)

• LionsPhil says:

If anyone wants to share designs, here are some of mine (and there are action shots in my screenshots). The Warulax 3 is pretty fun because it’s a big bouncy death truck.

• KDR_11k says:

I kinda ran out of ideas shortly after running out of levels in Besiege and Infinifactory so now I’m tinkering with a large battleship in From The Depths. I made the hull too big so I could probably fit a few missile batteries into it… Maybe give it torpedo tubes as well? One of these days I’ll do the missions to unlock the anti-missile laser…

2. Faldrath says:

I’m away from home with only a reasonably decent laptop, and very little time for gaming. But, Darkest Dungeon. Darkest Dungeon. Go Darkest Dungeon!

3. MuscleHorse says:

I’ll be splitting gaming-time between my continuing DA:I romp and Sunless Sea. I’ve been dipping into the latter for the best part of six months but never committing as I was waiting for the final release. Very glad that that day has come, as it looks to be wonderful.

4. Eight Rooks says:

I am flitting between far too many games like some kind of crazed butterfly, partly down to finally having polished off a couple of the bigger games that were taking up my time (Arkham Origins and Unity). On the PC I’ve mostly been dabbling in Besiege, trying to rack up a few more side missions in Red Faction: Guerilla, dipping into arcade racers – Blaze Rush is especially great – and wondering whether to start Darkest Dungeon (some of the things people are saying about how it’s actually too easy are kinda putting me off).

On the iPod I’ve been sinking a surprising amount of time into Radiation Island, Space Marshals, and still poking at a couple of the more interesting F2P games – Seabeard is still lovely but the grind is really getting to me, and Midnight Star is surprisingly good but 1) it’s not a FPS, it’s a lightgun/railshooter, and 2) I’m spending half my time anxiously waiting for the paywall to kick in (upgrade your guns for X amount of BestCurrency! You’re out of BestCurrency! Would you like to buy more for only $9.99? etc.). Still, it’s much, much better than the godawful The Drowning.

5. drewski says:

Baldur’s Gate II! For, umm, about the 12th weekend in a row.

I’m terrible at playing games. Not skill wise. Time wise.

6. Shockeh says:

Oh God I want Necromunda back, so very, very badly. BFG was my second love of GW’s Specialist Games, so I’m pretty excited for that too, but Necromunda will always have a special place in my heart.

7. ExitDose says:

Darkest Dungeon and HoMM3 Ultimate Edition should make up the bulk of it. I’ll probably finish up a few more turns of the Poland scenario of Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg.

8. DrScuttles says:

Dark Souls 2 was updated recently. Any excuse to go back to it in those rare lucid moments between work and hangovers. Maybe I’ll even finally finish that DLC from ages back.

• Creeping Death says:

I’ve been meaning to play that dlc at some stage. Unfortunately just before it was released I started new game+ with my main character and I’ve no idea how far into the main game I need to be to start the dlc, so that’s dismayed me somewhat.

9. Crafter says:

Massive Chalice again.
    I don’t have that much free time and this is a time sink. A good one though.
    Easy recommandation for any XCOM fan wanting to see a little twist on the formula.

10. GameCat says:

Nothing.

11. phelix says:

Dwarf Fortress finally pulled me in after the fourth time trying it out. I have a feeling I will not be seeing daylight any time soon.

12. Nathan_G says:

Sunless Sea!
    It’s lovely. I normally don’t go in for heavily narrative-lead games these days, but the setting, the characters and the style have captured me. Looking forward to expanding my crew and upgrading my ship. I’ve already died once after I got a bit bold in my exploration… My entire crew went insane and mutinied.

This and The Longest Dark are early access games I’ve patiently held off playing for months, so I’m chuffed that this one has turned out rad.

• jenkins says:

Sunless Sea! Sunless Sea! After backing the kickstarter and waiting patiently for months for the full release, I am joyously zailing the unterzee for as many hours as I can bear. The writing makes me long for my hours spent in Fallen London and I’m thrilled to see a well-constructed game taking place in that memorable world.

Also sitting on The Long Dark until it gets a little more polish – the two games I did play left me hungry for more, but I tripped on a bug that reminded me why Early Access is Early Access.

13. TheApologist says:

Man o war! Perhaps my happiest board gaming experience bar blood bowl. Lovely models, fun to paint, and tactics-y battlers I remember basically zero about at this point.

14. Voronwer says:

I’m on a replaying Mass Effect kick so I know what I’ll be doing for the next few weeks.

• pancakeru says:

Oh I’m sorry to hear that. What did you do to deserve this punishment?

• cthulhie says:

My household has been doing the same and it’s been great. I had fear of tedium, but it really hasn’t been an issue.

15. Gap Gen says:

I’m playing on the cardboard childers.

16. Anthile says:

I don’t quite know yet. Probably Eidolon with a bit of Door Kickers thrown in.

• Person of Interest says:

I started playing Eidolon this week, and the first hour was dreadful. Granted, most of that hour was spent unsuccessfully trying to widen the Field of View with various console commands and ini tweaks. Then unsuccessfully trying to remap the keys. I finally started the game, but it was during the night cycle and I stumbled around trying to pick up invisible kindling, because I didn’t know any better.

I was ready to uninstall it, but it had received so many favorable RPS comments that I persevered, and eventually my irritation gave way to calm appreciation. Followed by motion sickness, because I can’t make the field of view wider. But at least I can now see why people enjoy it.

17. melnificent says:

This weekend is local co-op games with the kids, so things like Toybox Turbos, Castle Crashers, Spelunky and Goat Simluator are the top ones.

Oh and introducing them to the concept of “life or level”, so they can share single player games too. Super hexagon is the best for that as we swap the controller every few seconds.

Oh and building up the steam library for the eldest so we can play some xcom

18. TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

Found some decent 3.5gb full texture overhaul for KOTOR, so i guess it’s going to be that once i fit all the stuff!

And then off course KOTOR2 which i’m more interested in, but for the first time in my life i want to play a series in the proper order.

• Zekiel says:

Give Kreia my love when you get to the sequel!

• pancakeru says:

Ok weird, but anyway, yes, both awesome games. Hope you enjoy. Thinking back on them makes me sad, I can’t recall another RPG (or any genre really) that rivalled the KOTOR games in terms of voice acting, characters and plot. Perhaps I was just a younger, less jaded gamer then, but those were the golden years as far as I’m concerned.

• bleeters says:

Throw the restored content mod at KOTOR2 before you play it. The game rapidly and dramatically deteriorates in quality towards the end, and last time I tried it that mod managed to pull it into some kind of acceptable state.

19. Kefren says:

Evil Genius. Building my rocket now. Trying to get rid of Jet Chan Mariana Mamba has already been dealt with).
    After that I have Chronicles of Riddick reinstalled to play through again, but the HD version this time.
    And some Rock Band with my friends.

20. Blackcompany says:

Mostly Elite: Dangerous and some Borderlands: PS with my girl. We are revisiting this one after some months off, with the new Aurelia character, as I really enjoy her ability. Its nice to have something co-op to revisit every so often.

Though its kind of a shame. I hope to also get in some Sunless Sea this weekend. I truly do love the game. But Elite has captured my attention right now and I have a hard time passing up a chance to enjoy it.

21. Bremze says:

Bloodline Champions has been released from the ghastly grasp of Funcom and SLS have relaunched it on Steam and everyone should play it because it’s the best arena-thing ever made!

22. cpt_freakout says:

Finished Shadowrun Dragonfall a couple days ago, so I’m gonna go for Grim Fandango (been savoring this moment for ages!). :D

23. TomxJ says:

My gaming weekend started last night where I closed the Blackwell series with Epiphany. Then i finished up the rest of the Saints Row the third DLC i had, Gangstas in space and the trouble with clones. All very silly.

This morning I jumped into a few Bioshock 2 Protector Trials, before the damn thing crashed on me.

Later i’m not sure. I just bought the Divinity: Original Sin twin pack for me and my sister, so we might start that. Otherwise, maybe Saints Row 4? Probaley another Adventure game of somesort, perhaps Golden Wake? I’ve also been toying with the idea of not dying in XCOM:Enemy unknown and modding Skyrim.

24. Ross Angus says:

I’ve just finished Thi4f (terrible ending) and now it’s Spec Ops: The Line (so far much less traumatising than I was expecting but beautiful environment design).

• Ross Angus says:

OK, as traumatic as suggested. Jesus. This game.

• Zekiel says:

I’m playing SO:TL at the moment too! Have been looking forward to replaying it for ages. It is such a beautiful and horrible game (and I mean the latter in a positive way). In my opinion its one of the best videogame stories I’ve ever experienced.

I’d say “have fun” but with this game that’s probably not the right thing to say…

25. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Metroid Prime for me, sorry PC. Forgot how incredible the atmosphere in that game was, hasn’t lost it in 10 odd years, and much improved by Wii control too

• Person of Interest says:

I first experienced Metroid Prime (Gamecube version) last year, and I agree the atmosphere was incredible. The game totally sold the feeling that I’m a lone explorer on a hostile alien world. The eerie sounds and strange levels, the unnerving distance between save points, and the frightening bosses.

But because of that tense atmosphere, and because I could tell from my few hours with it that it was a special game, it was something I would only want to play without distractions or interruptions to spoil the immersion. So I shelved it, and then never found a good time to pick it back up.

Does that make sense? A game so good, you’re afraid to keep playing it?

26. Fnord73 says:

Playing through Dragon Age Origins, actually. While waiting for money so that I can buy Sunless sea on monday.

27. Darth Gangrel says:

I honestly don’t know. I’ve been working on finishing my first mod, “The Weird World of the Witcher”, for The Witcher 1 the last week and now that I’m done with that (youtube.com/watch?v=JTT9DyenU1Y) I don’t know what to do. I have loads of games on my backlog and I guess I should be playing one them, but I don’t know what to pick. Perhaps I’ll finally play Crysis 1 and see just how good my gaming laptop handles its graphics more than 8 years after its original release (yep, I’m that far behind).

28. bleeters says:

For the past few days I’ve been tempted to throw mods at Mass Effect 3 and see if I actually enjoy the results, so maybe that. I would like to be able to look back at that game without overwhelming bitterness.

29. Philomelle says:

I’m struggling to choose at the moment. My selection for the time being includes Apotheon, Castle in the Darkness, Darksiders II, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Dragon Age: Origins. I already played three of those, but find myself surprisingly missing them.

I’m also considering playing Sunless Sea now that it’s properly out, though I don’t know if I want to spend an eternity on it.

• bleeters says:

I keep meaning to give The Old Republic another bash and replay a class story or such, but somehow the constant barrage of reminders to subscribe today to recieve full access to this basic feature! sap my interest pretty quickly. Shame really. I enjoyed it more than popular consensus told me I should’ve been.

30. horsemedic says:

I keep bouncing off Darkest Dungeon. It sounds and looks like something I’d love, a death march simulator. But it’s turned out to be mostly tedious combat and a random attribute memory game.

And I keep going back to Space Beast Terror Fright, which has to be one of the tightest gameplay experiences of the decade. Rambo on a death march simulator.

31. Henson says:

I’ve started Fallout: New Vegas for the first time, and I’m wondering if I should start over with a new character

See, I thought with the city of New Vegas as a central point, I’d make a slick, fast-talking skeezeball who is also a bit of a coward, who goes through either avoiding enemies entirely or sweet-talking them. High Luck, Agility, Intelligence, Charisma, and abysmal Endurance. So far, I’m not sure the game supports this kind of character: so many quests involve charging in and killing whole swathes of bandits. I can’t avoid them entirely because my stealth still isn’t high enough, but I can’t improve my stealth without gaining levels by doing these quests and killing bandits. And my disguises don’t seem to work on hostiles, so WTF?

• Morph says:

I had a playthrough like that and it worked out a lot of fun, though a companion for when actual fighting is required is a bit of a must. I reckoned conning someone into being your bodyguard was all part of the character.

• Noam Beefheart says:

Lower your luck and invest in agility, guns, stealth, intelligence, and charisma. I’ve beaten the game numerous times with such a build and never had a luck score above 6. I’d sneak around constantly, steal from everyone and talked my way out of almost anything.

32. Tacroy says:

I think I’ll be 100%ing Grow Home; climbing up to the top only took 3 hours, so now we’re in extra “find the seeds and crystals” mode.

33. Person of Interest says:

This weekend I use the last of my 30 day trial for The Secret World, and I’ll certainly pay for it afterward. Coming back to it after nearly three years since the beta, it’s clicked with me, and I can forgive all its flaws.

I love the immense skill tree. I spent hours planning and experimenting with builds. Once I finally decide on the perfect build, I play until I have enough skill points that I can unlock new tiers. Then I get to do the whole planning and experimenting process again.

As someone who liked to read the quest text in WoW, I think TSW’s quests are fantastic. Every quest is introduced by a 1-2 minute voiced and animated in-game cinematic, and most of them are well done. Most quests guide you on an exploration of the world, but there are just enough “Kill X of Y” quests to remind you of how monotonous every other MMO’s quests are.

I’m playing on a low population server, and some nights I don’t see a single other player. I love having the zone all to myself.

• substationradio says:

TSW was my favorite single player rpg of recent years, very rarely I’d form a group with people working on the same quest as me and I ran the dungeons once each, but it’s basically a story driven single player game with mmo mechanics. The dlc, especially the first (Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn) is mostly really fantastic as well!!

• malkav11 says:

TSW’s quests are indeed fantastic. Really, my only complaints are that a) they eventually run out, and b) to access the most recent zone, Tokyo, you have to do scenarios as far as I can tell, and these are shitty and seem impossible to solo.

• cthulhie says:

One of the side stories apparently has a way to skip the grind to get to Tokyo. (He says, chagrined at having gone through it for nothing.) I find scenarios moderately enjoyable, but definitely agree that having them be a roadblock to Tokyo was a mistake. They needed some content to keep people going while they finished it, but I think they overestimated the extent to which people would be willing to go back.

It was a pretty bad scene, but they’ve gotten past it and content has been coming out steadily, making it an excellent time to get into the game. (I am an unfailing advocate of this game. It’s ruined me on writing and quest design for every other MMO and many single-player games.)

• KDR_11k says:

I thought they dropped the subscription (well, made it non-mandatory and only give F2P rewards to those who pay)? Is the non-subscriber mode too crappy to play or what?

34. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Probably WoW (got sucked in again) and newly purchased Volgarr the Viking (which is pretty awesome). Thinking on starting up Minecraft again.

35. Frank says:

Heroes of the Storm — just got into the beta

36. Morph says:

Starting off some Divinity: Original Sin. It was a bit slow going at first, and I had a few 20 min goes before quitting in boredom/anger/confusion. After a couple of hours though I’m getting more into it. A few bits are still a bit confusing but I’m sure I’ll work them out.

• Noam Beefheart says:

Keep playing. I’m fifteen hours in and I have trouble putting it down now. Good stuff.

37. TheMopeSquad says:

I’m trying to work though Final Fantasy XIII, people said it was bad like storywise and that its just a corridor and a 30 hour tutorial but I had no idea it was gonna be so ‘effing hard otherwise I could just power through it. Now I’m just knocking my head on some a-hole boss that keeps one shotting my guys and you can’t just leave and power up then come back in this stupid game.

• Creeping Death says:

Final Fantasy XIII is a game that I’ve left incomplete for about 2 years now. Every now and then I go back to it, trudge through a few more corridors, have a few completely unengaging fights and then sigh and put it back down.

I also have XIII-2 waiting as well (got them both cheap off ebay at the same time). I’ve heard people say it’s a better game but…. eeeeeh, I doubt I’ll touch it.

38. Synesthesia says:

I caved and bought both darkest dungeon, and sunless see, so ive got my hands full. Also making a Snake Eater HD rerun while some guys work on the gas installation of my house.

I’m pretty confused by sunless sea’s lore. I thought it was a sunken london, but apparently they are in a cave? Where can i dig into the lore a bit more?

• malkav11 says:

Play Fallen London. fallenlondon.storynexus.com

But in very broad strokes, the city of London was stolen away into a vast underground cavern by bats and is now run by shadowy robed figures as the home of their Echo Bazaar. It is not the first time a city has been stolen in this fashion, and one of the ongoing concerns of Fallen London proper is archaeology into the remnants of the first four cities. Also, Hell has established an embassy, and it’s not possible to die anymore, at least not without a great deal of effort. (It sounds like that latter bit may not be true in Sunless Sea.) There’s a whole bunch of other stuff going on in London, but Sunless Sea is about exploring the vast, dark Unterzee beyond London and Fallen London doesn’t involve a lot of that (although you can eventually purchase your own ship and make Unterzee voyages in that as well, in a much less detailed fashion with only a couple of ports available), so I would expect there’s relatively little narrative overlap.

39. malkav11 says:

Definitely a bit more Guild Wars 2 – some guildmates and I are finally playing through the Living World Season 2 story missions which…the story’s a bit naff, as has always been the case with GW2, but the rising threat of the Elder Dragon Mordremoth is conveyed pretty effectively and there’s a surprisingly excellent range of content and challenges introduced in them. Plus there’s regular (if largely useless) loot rewards throughout. It’s been a much more satisfying and well thought through experience so far than season 1’s extremely limited and temporary content.

I’m guessing I will also play some Gat out of Hell, knock out Life is Strange episode 1, and sink some time into exploring the Unterzee in Sunless Sea. Who knows. Maybe I’ll even get back into Dragon Age Inquisition at some point here.

40. Frye2k11 says:

Europa Universalis IV finally got me hooked. I already liked it for just watching the little nations go to war, making alliances, rising and falling of empires, good stuff, getting me all interested in history.

But actually playing it I found slightly frustrating. I kept putting it on hold because I couldn’t handle ‘being punished’ for whichever direction I took. Become rich? Then ‘not-quite-so-random-stuff’ would happen to make you lose money. You would never get a ‘random’ event costing you a 1000 gold if you are poor. I came to hate the pop-ups like many players, because they are rigged.

But they really improved things in the past year, allowing more of a personal playstyle and min-maxing.

Yes, things break down now that the player has more freedom (making 400g a month, having 300k manpower etc), but it is infinitely better than throwing a pop-up at the player for the sin of diverging from the norm.

So anyways EU 4 is better now than ever in my humble opinion and everyone should play it. And nope, it does not takes loads of spare time to get into and I found it easier to save and continue later than with civ 5.

41. derbefrier says:

Let’s see, today will be some DnD untill we are to drunk to play or the DM gets too drunk and kills us all. Then probably some WoW mixed with some GTA5 on the Xbone. Star Citizen putout a new patch, might check it out to also the put up a pretty big design doc on shield management and how it will work in multicrew ships. All I can say is it looks like my dream of being Geordi LaForge might actually come true.

42. Malleus says:

Dark Souls 2 – the new patch breathed new life into the game for me with the addition of the Agape ring. I made a low soul memory build and spent an entire day co-oping low level areas, helping out them noobs. :)

Metroid: Zero Mission – my first time Metroid franchise playthrough goes on as planned. In the last two weeks I finished Super Metroid and Fusion – both of them were awesome. Now I only have ZM from the 2d games and after that I plan to move on to the 3d ones.

43. Zenicetus says:

I’m stalled out on Dragon Age Inquisition at that tedious Orlesian Ball segment. I don’t know if I have the strength of will to go back and finish it, but I’ll give it just one more shot, sometime this weekend.

Meanwhile I picked up The Wolf Among Us on a whim, as something to play when I just want a story and some light player involvement. I wasn’t sure if this was my kind of thing, but I’m enjoying it so far. I don’t recommend it if you’re allergic to QTE segments though.

I’m also spending time trying to remember how to fly helicopters in X-Plane, after buying the Bell 412 payware model that came out recently. As usual, I’m fine on takeoff and cruise, but I’ve only got a 50/50 chance of landing without bending metal. Maybe I can work on that this weekend. Feet don’t fail me now… (dances on rudder pedals)

• Noam Beefheart says:

The ball was probably the longest, most infuriating mission in the entire game, especially the reputation timer. I’d explore, find relevant things, then reload so I could save a few rep points. I managed to finish with a 100 rep.

44. Jonfon says:

Chaos Reborn in between dad stuff. Its causing all sorts of Lords of Chaos flashbacks. Plus some Portal 2 which I played previously on the ps3 for some reason (think I only had a laptop at the time).

45. Morcane says:

Darkest Dungeon which came out of nowhere for me and is frankly too damn bloody good. Fully expect an early revelations or whatever on that one too.

Still got to finish Dying Light as well, but I might just skip finishing the story since it’s bollocks and I just like nice short sessions dismembering zombies with my machetes.

46. jonahcutter says:

XCOM Long War, and noodle around creating levels in Adventurezator.

Also The Long Dark just dropped a new patch with a supposedly huge new area, so that threatens to distract.

47. G97_BoKeRoN says:

For this weekend, I will practise Mungello in Assetto Corsa with a BMW Z4 GT3… and some time with Panzer Elite + PPX2. And maybe some ArmA 3 with friends.

48. aoanla says:

Probably more Nuclear Throne, if anything. With my time-to-death as small as it is, it fits in nicely between things I “should” be doing (and my current sinus-pain-induced-small-concentration-span).

• aoanla says:

Oh, and since the Mighty Tactical Shooter alpha dropped since I wrote this, I’ll probably be playing some of that :D

49. Noam Beefheart says:

Divinity:Original Sin and X3:Terran Conflict. I’m an old Infinity Engine buff so DOS is something I can do blindfolded. Meanwhile, I’ve never played anything like X3 so I’m still figuring out all the controls and what I should even be doing.

particlese says:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS:
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. I’ve been rampaging through Saints Row 3’s story, partly in coop, and I discovered that zombies are tolerable when the reward is Burt Reynolds. Donec a diam lectus. Sed sit amet ipsum mauris. Maecenas congue ligula ac quam viverra nec consectetur ante hendrerit. (buffer text for wandering/peripherally talented eyes)

NOT REALLY SPOILERS:
    I also discovered that I could love Saints Row 3’s soundtrack even more when I stumbled into a Let’s Pretend and bought a hat to what struck me as a cake made by (Version-style) Mark Ronson for Galactic, with SR3 sticking its finger in the batter when no one was looking:

That track finished well before I finished rocking out to it (edit: still haven’t finished), and it was followed by “Let’s Pretend 1” in that same Youtube playlist. Best hat ever.