Frozen Cortex Has A Release Date Trailer

Srs bsns

Mode 7 have pinned a release date tail to their, uh, game donkey (Pip, stop trying to do metaphors) with their latest trailer for Frozen Cortex [official site]. You’ll be able to pick up the 1.0 release from 19th February as well as learning that nuclear war is bad*.

That’s a Thursday, if it makes any difference? You might have commitments on a Thursday. You might want to reschedule. Or not. LOOK, I’m only trying to help!

Anyway, I’ve not actually had a go with Frozen Cortex since it was Frozen Endzone but it was and still is a simultaneous tun-based tactical game based around a future sport which has shades of ROBOT AMERICAN FOOTBALL. I wonder if there will be a ROBOT KATY PERRY doing a halftime show and whether she will get upstaged by a ROBOT MISSY ELLIOT?

That’s probably not important. The important thing is that the game has a release date and you’re allowed to know it.

*You will need to watch the trailer to appreciate this remark.

1. Dog Pants says:

Hahaa, what a wonderful trailer. The game’s shaping up to be lovely too. Desk chewingly, face-on-keyboard, frustratingly lovely. Also, I’ve noticed some highly unusual team names in the various videos and screenshots released during development. Worth keeping an eye out for.

2. sinister agent says:

I really like the look of this, but as a budgeting trick I have told myself I won’t buy it until I’ve properly played Frynapse.

Speaking of which, “Frortex” isn’t as entertaining to say. I am docking one star in advance.

• BlazeL says:

Well, I still remember this as “Frendzone”…

• Hex says:

Frozen Synapse is excellent. It’s a head-to-head multiplayer game, but the single player campaign is more solid than it needs to be, as well.

• bonuswavepilot says:

Frozen Synapse definitely worth a go. Can’t really give a good review of the campaign as I only bothered with a level or two, but it truly shines as MP. If you need an opponent to help show you the ropes, or just cut you down in a hail of gunfire, fire me a challenge. (And maybe a follow-up steam msg, don’t log into FS regularly these days… I miss the leagues :(

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

Echoing the other here, yeah Frozen synapse is pretty excellent. I got turned off by the horrible tutorial (and snark AI didn’t help by insulting me, what were they thinking with that bit I don’t know), but the basis of the game isn’t actually that complicated and the command interface is clean although it may take some getting used to.

Also, great soundtrack.

3. Shadowcat says:

Pip, keep trying to do metaphors.

4. Rufust Firefly says:

Lovely trailer, and like its predecessor reminds me a bit of the old Maxis game RoboSport. Plus now I want to dress up as that robot for Halloween.

5. bonuswavepilot says:

Roll up, roll up! Currently gathering names of interested folks for an RPS Frozen Cortex league! If you’re interested, please add a message to that effect in the forum post linked above.