Stealth Inc 2 Is Stealth Bastarding Onto PC In April

Stealth Inc 2 screenshot

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark, aka. Stealth Bastard: Tactical Espionage Arsehole, was a rather excellent murderous puzzle sneak ’em up. It was a Windows freebie first, then an updated version was released on Steam, and so it was a little disappointing when the sequel turned out to be a Wii U exclusive (albeit providing further justification for my decision to buy one).

Prepare for stealth jubilation, however, because Curve Studios have confirmed that Stealth Inc 2 [official site] is coming to PC. Perhaps it was there all along, lurking in the shadows?

I rather wish the developers had stuck with the clearly superior original name, but at least we have more horrible puns in the subtitle: A Game of Clones. Slow claps all round.

Sorry about the Wii U logos in the trailer. There isn’t a PC trailer as yet, so that’ll have to do.

If you’re not familiar with the series, the gist is that you’re tasked with sneaking and thinking your way through increasingly fiendish testing facilities packed with traps and robot sentries. A lot of these will kill you, but it’s okay! There are always more copies of you, and the game is generously checkpointed, so death is rarely a setback. Our review is here.

PC release is planned for early April, which should afford plenty of time for the cloning facilities to get up to speed and produce millions of disposable sneaky types. Oh, they will all die so horribly. No word yet on how Stealth Inc 2 will be sold, but the original is available via Humble and Steam so I’d expect something along those lines.

1. Stellar Duck says:

The title had me confused for a moment.

Surely Invisible Inc wouldn’t be getting a sequel before it’s even done.

Confusing title developers! Next thing I’ll be buying Scrolls.

2. helmickdarian says:

$89 an hour! Seriously I don’t know why more people haven’t tried this, I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And i get surly a chek of $1260……0 whats awesome is Im working from home so I get more time with my kids.
    Here is what i did
    ✒✒✒✒✒✒ http://www.jobsaudit.com

3. grimdanfango says:

Well, if I recall correctly, they switched names originally because Nintendo wouldn’t let them publish for the Wii with a name like Stealth Bastard.
    We have no such censorship overlord on PC, so I see no reason they couldn’t just release it as Stealth Bastard 2 for us. That would make far more sense in terms of brand-continuity.
    …and well… Stealth Bastard is obviously just such a vastly more fantastic name. I really hope they keep “Stealth Inc.” confined to silly console platforms.

Man, I really love the music in these games… it’s just so damned meaty, with a decent subwoofer, it feels like I’m going to damage the foundations of my house when I play it :-D

• KDR_11k says:

I don’t think they want different names on different platforms, that’ll confuse people.

• quarpec says:

but straight up different names won’t?

stealth bastard owned and i’d never heard about no sequel so this is like twice as good news for me!

• Frank says:

If they have a sufficiently big marketing push for this one, confusion among those relatively few of us who knew the first game will be a small tradeoff.

• alms says:

I’m not sure they had a Wii release in mind when the original freeware game was released, so now that they’ve got their foot in that door, they probably won’t change the name again.

An extra reason to despise Nintendo, if you ever needed one more.

4. alms says:

Tell me if you think I had one too many, but didn’t I just see parts of levels from Stealth Bastard Deluxe ?

Looks more like an expanded version than a sequel to me.

5. bill says:

The first one SEEMED like such a lovely game. The gameplay seemed nice. The art style was nice. Plus it was a surprisingly small download on android – good for my ageing phone.

But unfortunately I ended up with the adroid version which has god awful controls. For a game that demands such precise timing and movement that is incredibly frustrating and I gave up pretty early on. :-(