Zombie Army Trilogy: When It Brains, It Pours

Zombie Army Trilogy screenshot

Zombie Army Trilogy [official site], the follow-up to Sniper Elite 3 as well as Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2, is out now. As the ‘Trilogy’ in the name suggests, this package also includes Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2, plus a third chapter based on Sniper Elite v3. Confused yet? Don’t worry, there’s plenty of delicious brains to go around.

I have days, weeks even, where I begin to feel a little zombied out. Is there anything more to be done with zombies that we’ve not already seen? Probably not, but I can’t argue that they’re still great go-to game enemies, even more so than Nazi soldiers. With the latter you may sometimes find yourself wondering how Hans’ wife will react when he never comes home, or what Gottlieb planned to do in life before he was conscripted. But zombies? They’re already gross and corpsified, so why worry.

So that’s a glowing Hitler you’ve got there. Alice had theories about him. No doubt he’ll be fun to kill in slow motion, as will the endless undead hordes, one hopes.

Zombie Army Trilogy looks like it could be the sort of thing I like to play co-operatively with friends in our weekly sessions: an unexceptional game full of idiocy and action from which fun can be wrung, loaded with enemies for us to mow down whilst we discuss the week’s major events (memorably, we discussed the complexities of the Charlie Hebdo murders and the ensuant free speech debate whilst punching zombies in the original Dead Island). Occasionally our highbrow conversation will be disrupted as we’re presented with gratuitous violence so needlessly overblown that we fall silent and simply watch something horrible happen. Such as some poor undead sod’s spine being severed by a high velocity sniper round.

Look, I didn’t say we were good people.

For another perspective on how Zombie Army Trilogy might play look to our John, who endured half an hour of the first Nazi Zombie Army and absolutely detested it.

Zombie Army Trilogy is out on Steam now for £29.99 / €41.99 / $44.99, with 30% or 60% discounts available if you already own an existing Nazi Zombie Army game.

1. Ross Angus says:

Is there anything more to be done with zombies that we’ve not already seen?

Off the top of my head, we’ve yet to see a maggot’s eye view of a zombie apocalypse (probably with good reason).

• Turkey says:

There’s a comic called Wormwood where the main character is a corpse controlled by a maggot. Don’t know if that counts.

2. brgillespie says:

Oh, hey! Look! A zombie game! Featuring Nazi zombies!

• Press X to Gary Busey says:

Political zombies…
      Religious zombies are almost untapped though. At least one xbox live kids would probably love some Crusadin’ Modern Medieval Bro Warfare Muslim Zombie Sandbox with map markers.

3. vorador says:

The thing that boggles me is the price. Simply put, is not worth it. There’s better games to be had for that money.

But at discount is worth considering. I had the previous games so i snatched it up. The improvement over the previous titles is there, and the game is fun if you’re in the mood for it, specially if you can convince some friends to join.

4. PaulFullmer says:

Earning money online was never been easy as it has become for me now. I freelance over the internet and earn about 75 bucks an hour. Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. A little effort and handsome earning dream is just a click away……………….
    ==============>►►►► link to 7.ly

5. ztorm says:

How is the third chapter “based on Sniper Elite v3” ? It’s not.
    If you’re thinking of the protagonist showed in the video – Karl Fairburne is merely a player model common to the Sniper Elite and the (Nazi) Zombie Army games, but the two series are not related plotwise, and the third Z chapter doesn’t make that more or less “confusing” than before.

It’s a pity, too because shooting zombie Afrikakorps roaming the desert at night would totally rock my casbah.

• w0bbl3r says:

I thought I remembered that the plot in the first zombie army game was set after the events in sniper elite V2?
      I could be remembering wrong, but I am sure I remember the player character from V2 talking at the start of the first zombie army game as if it was just a short while after the V2 campaign?
      I’ll have to play it again to see. But since I got the trilogy in a trade for a nice £7, I can do that easily and then have a go at the others as well.
      I don’t care what the “journalists” say, these games are good silly fun.
      You don’t need depth and intelligent writing for a game to be good.
      You just need it to be fun. And these games, like the sniper elite games they come from, are exactly that; great fun. Nonsensical, ludicrous, over-the-top fun.