Batman: Arkham Knight Defeated By Calendar Man

Batman is well known for having some of the best villains in comics, but there are far more that are less well-known though, for one reason or another. Calendar Man for example is a villain whose crimes are related to the day upon which they’re committed. That sounds like the kind of thing I can tenuously relate to news that Batman: Arkham Knight [official site] has been delayed from June 2nd to June 23rd. There’s a new, seven-minute video of Batpunching below.

Hey Batman! Stop being such a jerk and say goodbye to people at the end of conversations, eh? There’s no reason to flounce away when they’re obviously not done talking. What if Jim had a really important piece of information still to give you? This is becoming like American TV shows and phone conversations.

I grew tired of Batman: Arkham Asylum around its midway point and Arkham City wasn’t substantially different to make me want to stick with it past the first few hours. Still, the combat in all of these games is good enough that if I was in the mood for beating people up, it’s still probably what I’d play. On the evidence of this video, Arkham Knight looks likely to have that same, heavily copied, slick movement as you shift between punching one man to cape-ing and kicking another.

The marque addition here is obviously the Batmobile, though I’m not sure whether that’s enough to make the game suddenly fresh again. Do you need it to?

1. Wulfram says:

Batman should learn proper conversation etiquette from Shepard

• Silith321 says:

I should go.

• TobleroneRoloCombo says:

Maybe he’s just being clever. After all, Bruce Wayne uses basic conversation skills. Considering the villain of the second game is able to work out who Batman is just by simple inductive reasoning, he needs all the ‘totes not Brucie’ he can get.

• melnificent says:

I am Batman, and this is my favourite store on the citadel

2. Xzi says:

Arkham Origins was very meh, but other than that this series has been a godsend for Batman fans. That batmobile sequence was slick as fuq, continuing with the thousand other slick as fuq sequences in Asylum and City. Very glad Rocksteady is back at the helm.

Some day in the near future I’m going to have to sit down and play through all of the Arkham games one after the other, so if I’m found dead at my computer desk, know that it wasn’t something lame like WoW that killed me.

• Cochise779 says:

I actually quite enjoyed Origins. Granted, it didn’t built mechanically at all on City but I was okay with that because I also really enjoyed Arkham City. As an extension of, and contextualizing force for, the core trilogy of games Rocksteady is making, I thought Origins brought some fresh perspective to the beginning of the Arkham universe.

• tomimt says:

I liked Origins. It’s not as strong as the previous two and it still has fair amount of bugs here and there, but it was enjoyable game IMO. I think the biggest issue it had going on for it was, that it felt more like an expansion pack rather than a standalone title.

• dethtoll says:

Origins was just more City, and god forbid we have more of that.

3. KwisatzHaderach says:

Loving the Bat Turbulences at Batmans wing-tips!

• Synesthesia says:

Yeah, this team of animators is no joke. Very good stuff at that front.

4. Jambe says:

Mmm, while I’d certainly like everything surrounding it to be better, if the core BIFF and WHAM and related gymnastics is as least as good as it’s been, I’ll end up playing through at least once and having a decent enough time. The visceral ballet aspect of the series really pleases me.

5. Asurmen says:

I thought Origins was ok, so I’m biased it seems.

• Fritzy says:

The Arkham games are my one full price AAA title that I allow myself. Origins was the weakest, but I still enjoyed it thoroughly. If we had map/mission tools for this, I’d play it forever.

6. Hunchback says:

Looks very promising, i hope it’s as good as the first two games in terms of story and world and all that.

OOT: Wonder if a game on Watchmen is actually doable? I guess not, it wouldn’t make much sense, but still i’d really love to done that Rorschach mask in a game made similar to this current Batman series…

Rorschach’s journal. October 12, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

7. stahlwerk says:

Did someone say…

… Seven Pounds?

8. Orazio Zorzotto says:

Best headline I’ve seen this year, thank you Graham!

9. welverin says:

I felt City was too much, making an even bigger sequel only exacerbates the problem and adding the batmobile does not compensate for that.

I must say, if you only made it halfway through Asylum, these games really aren’t for you, because that’s a not just not long, it borders on short.

10. vlonk says:

Beats a bad guy with a flying baseball bat bash to the head… suuuure this is a non-lethal attack Bats :D
    Its like that one time in the Arkham games where you finished people with putting their heads in a electric installation and them visibly getting electrocuted. Goes I have to lower my expectations to pseudo-realism in cartoon-games in the same way the graphic fidelity rises.

11. looperhacks says:

> Press LT to even the odds

Oh great.

But it looks really nice. I just finished City which felt too big in comparison to Asylum but too small for a city, so I hope Knight feels better.