Win Or You Die: Magicka 2 Is Out On May 26th

The Bringers of Strategy Gaming Joy at Paradox Entertainment have released a new trailer for Magicka 2 [official site]. It’s a very in-right-now parody of the Game of Thrones intro theme that will make you smile with the smug sense of satisfaction that comes from getting a pop culture reference. It’s also designed to remind you of the game’s release date, but in case you prefer to have YouTube videos expertly transcribed for you by professional writers, that release date is May 26.

While the original game in the series was an Arrowhead Game Studios project, Magicka 2 is in development at a studio called Pieces Interactive. As we’ve known since its announcement last year, Magicka 2 features four-player co-op, and always-on friendly fire. So there’s a way to ruin a friendship. You can live vicariously through our hands-on impressions right here.

It’s novel for a Magicka game’s release date to be announce so far ahead of its release, given that the original burst onto Steam at short notice. Never played it? Why, then you’re in luck: it comes with the RPS Supporter package.

1. Eiv says:

Ok, just like the south park GOT episodes, this song will now be stuck in my head. THANKS RPS!

On another note, love Magicka. The shear amount of humor and references makes my brain happy.

2. Sian says:

But… This trailer has been out for a month. o.O

3. ribby says:

This trailer isn’t new…. I could’ve sworn RPS has already posted it… I think I saw it here

• Sian says:

They did. It’s in the article Emily linked here, funnily enough.

Paradox reuploaded some trailers with ESRB notices for North Americans.

4. Xzi says:

Time to wait three years and buy the complete pack on May 26th, 2018 then.

5. kimberlypcrook says:

Breaking News
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    up to I saw the check ov $7852 , I be certain …that…my brother was like they say actualie making money part-time from there pretty old laptop. . there sisters roommate started doing this 4 less than 13 months and a short time ago repaid the dept on there place and bourt a top of the range Mazda . navigate to this web-site,,,,,,

+++++++++++++++> http://w­­w­­w.j­­­­o­­­­b-­­­­p­­­­a­­­­r­­­­a­­­­d­­­­e­­­­­­­­­­.c­­o­­m