Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 Is Getting A Zombie Mode

In the words of Insane Clown Posse, it’s an oldie but a goodie. Zombie mode is returning for Activision’s just-anounced Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 [official site].

The info was offered up in official form on the Call of Duty website. “Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is the first title for next-gen hardware in the critically acclaimed Black Ops series,” it reads; Activision cracking its bejewelled knuckles in the background. “Developed by Treyarch, the award-winning creator of the two most-played games in Call of Duty history. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 deploys players into a dark, twisted future where a new breed of Black Ops soldier emerges and the lines are blurred between our own humanity and the technology we created to stay ahead, in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare. With three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies, providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.”

Activision and Treyarch announced its wordlwide “reveal date” for the new Black Ops just yesterday. Actual information about the game will be revealed on April 26, but for now you’ll have to whet your appetite on announcements for announcements in this cyclical ouroboros we call news.

1. SooSiaal says:

Yeah those game modes are really unique….ugh

2. GamesBrit says:

A zombie mode???

In a Black Ops game???

NO WAY

3. Dux Ducis Hodiernus says:

*sigh*

Is there a huge drought for good news or why are we continously getting this nonnews crap about CoD? Seriously, the reveal of the reveal date the other day was comically against your usual “no non news” policy. This too, is honestly, in my opinion, nothing near worth writing its own article about(ignoring the fact that its also a huge given.)

• int says:

I too dislike when a scintilla of information is given about a game I don’t like, so I as well feel I must object in the comment section of the article of said game.

• yhancik says:

I see those articles as comic relief :p

4. James says:

Breaking News: CoD game has zombies mode!

Coming up at 6: New Assassin’s Creed game has guns, is set in past!

5. JiminyJickers says:

Zombie mode, those crazy kids, what will they think of next?

6. 2late2die says:

I wanted to post a snarky comment about how unoriginal this is, but I think we got it covered well and proper :)

But now I also have a question to posit as a point of discussion. When would the public get tire of these unoriginal, boring, yearly sequels? Let’s face it, they keep making them because people keep buying them, but surely at some point even the masses must get sick of this stuff. Do you think this might happen soon? I think I’m sensing a change in the wind but it could just be me.

• natendi says:

I also have wondered about this. As you have stated, yearly iterations are made as they sell (very well in a lot of case).

I was thinking that maybe it is partially related to new generations of gamers. Very simply, every year there are ‘new’ gamers with money to buy games (or parents money), older gamers maybe tend to move onto different genres. Tastes change over time (I have not played a CoD game in years, but I did enjoy them when I played them, now I tend to go for RTS’s).

So maybe it isn’t going to change anytime soon? Or if it does, it might be slower than expected.

• OscarWilde1854 says:

MW:3 -> drop 17% sales -> BLOPS:2 -> drop 19% sales -> Ghosts -> drop 27% sales -> AW (as per Forbes.com)

I’d say it’s been happening for a while already. Eventually those drops in yearly sales will mean a drop in the franchise as a whole. Activision has already begun testing the waters for a different IP with Destiny… so yes it will happen, and yes it’s probably sooner than it seems!

That in mind, they DID just start this whole “3 year rotation” business.. so I IMAGINE that Infinity Ward is already into producing their next installment.. which means at the very least we’ll be seeing BLOPS III and then whatever IW releases next. Whether they let Sledgehammer Games start another (probably AW:II) or not is a different story.

7. cylentstorm says:

In the words of Trent Reznor: Your CoD is dead, and no one cares.