Grand Theft Auto V [official site] has had its first patch. Versions 1.01 was released Friday and fixes crashes, birds, eyebrows and, perhaps most significantly, the issue that was stopping people with certain Windows usernames from being able to play. It doesn’t sound like all the crash bugs are taken care of, but this is a good sign that Rockstar are working on it. Check below for the full patch notes.
I would like to have seen some of those erroneously changed eyebrows:
- Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
- Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
- Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
- Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
- YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
- Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
- Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
- Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
- Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
- Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
- Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew
I finished my GTAV review last week but continued to play the game over the weekend, purely for the funsies. It’s possibly coincidental that I didn’t encounter any further hard crashes to desktop, and just as likely coincidental that I have a new problem where the escape/pause menu appears at random occasions without me pressing the button to prompt it. Also it still can’t see any mp3s I drop in the user music folder.