Fastbear: Five Nights At Freddy’s 4 In Works, Due October

Horror fans: you can stop mourning the cancellation of Silent Hills now. Developer Scott Cawthon has teased “The Final Chapter” of his Five Nights At Freddy’s series, which suggests that Five Nights At Freddy’s 4 [official site] is on the way. And if the teaser image is to be believed, it’ll arrive on October 31st, 2015.

The Five Nights games are dependent upon the mysteries that they contain, so it’s unlikely there’ll be any more information forthcoming soon beyond the release date. I suppose the teaser image means we can assume, as if the name didn’t suggest it already, that animatronic horror Freddy Fazbear will return.

It is more interesting that this is apparently the last game in the series, however. The first three FNAF games have been developed and released at breakneck speed, with the first game coming out in August 2014, the sequel in November, and the third in March. They’re also tremendously popular, as evidenced by the 217 Five Nights At Freddy’s fangames that obsessed Alice back in January. There have been about a thousand more released since then, too.

Don’t know what all the FNAF fuss (FNuss) is about? Prepare for the game’s possible movie adaptation by reading about Adam’s fascination (FNAFination) with the first game and his visitation with the third.

1. Tei says:

Silent Hill cancelled

2. unraveler says:

So… Freddy is euphoric?

3. ZIGS says:

Freddy got fingered

4. tobecooper says:

What? Final chapter?
    We were so close to Five Nights at Freddy’5.

• Shuck says:

Or perhaps: “FiVe Nights at Freddy’s”? “Five Night5 at Freddy’s”? I mean, really, he owes it to us to make another just for the ridiculous naming opportunities*. And also because I suspect this is a dead horse that can still be flogged for cash for a while yet.
      *Although this one really should have been “FIVe Nights at Freddy’s.”

• briangw says:

Didn’t he mention that FNaF 3 was the last one? I swear I read that somewhere and that my son told me that too.

• Jalan says:

Everyone assumed that was the case, with the story seemingly tying up a number of things in the third game and Cawthon posting what we now know was a teaser image on his website for the fourth game but at the time it was assumed to be his subtle way of bowing out of the series. Technically he never announced the third game was the final installment though – press and fans just took it to be so and kinda did it (prematurely) for him instead.

• Spacewalk says:

Faz Five.

5. Zankman says:

Heh, yet the FNaF fanbase was so torn just a while ago, with one side “constantly dreaming of a 4th game” and the other relentlessly telling them that it won’t happen.

But, hey, it’s happening.

I am all for it. The world created in FNaF is quite interesting – but not only this, the gameplay itself is quite challenging and has had an interesting evolution over the 3 games so far (the 1st one was what it was, the 2nd one was an expanded and “bigger” iteration and the third one was kind-of a step backwards in terms of scale, yet, still a step forward in terms of mechanics and innovation upon the formula).

Thus, I welcome the new sequel.

Obviously, the dev will earn a pretty penny as well.

6. MrBehemoth says:

“Horror fans: you can stop mourning the cancellation of Silent Hills now.”

No. No no no.

After much initial disdain, I’m starting to understand why people like FNAF but it will never compensate for Silent Hills.

• KevinLew says:

In my selfish opinion, P.T. was better than FNAF3, and that was given out for free.

7. Jackablade says:

Didn’t they just release the last one of these? And the other two…

• Xzi says:

Indeed. I’m glad I have yet to buy any of them, so that I can pick up the inevitable complete pack for $5 some months down the road.