Strangethink And The World Of The Doublecat Noscope Balcony Shot

Strangethink’s Twitter feed has been an ongoing delight thanks to frequent gifs and snapshots from game development, some featuring dual-wielded neon cats.

I’m going to share with you some of my favourites. The architecture, and indeed the world, are very close to what you’ll find in the previous Strangethink outing, Secret Habitat, which involved procedurally generated art galleries. I’m not sure whether this is still Days of the Electric Sky or whether this is a new thing called Neon Lodge or featuring a Neon Lodge or [bonus third option]…

yhancik says:

Yes! I’m never really sure what’s going on (except neon cats), but I always enjoy those screenshots :3

• wu wei says:

While I’m really looking forward to it’s release, I’m also kinda dreading it, as I’ll miss these bizarrely awesome pics turning up in my twitter feed.

2. Napalm Sushi says:

I’ve been following this obsessively for weeks now. It seems to represent a culmination of Strangethink’s prior experiments, their various central elements coming together into something like a full game. It looks like one of the most exciting current forays into procedural generation and I absolutely can’t wait to play it.*

*disclaimer: words are those of unapologetically mushy cat person.

3. neoncat says:

woah, I haz a starring role… ^_^

Phasma Felis says:

The next-to-last pic reminds me of the time a friend of mine asked me to feed her outdoor cats daily while she was away on a trip. The first time, I pulled my bike into her dim backyard, looked around and saw no cats, then panned my bike light across the yard and saw one, two, three, four, five, six pairs of eyes light up, patiently watching and waiting.

5. Satanic Beaver says:

This looks incredibly interesting. I wish more developers would make use of their imaginations instead of creating military-face-shooting-borefest 456. This is why indie games are a good thing.

• Napalm Sushi says:

I share the sentiment of the Twitter commenter who asked “What does it feel like to blast magic from your fingertips?”

Oh yeah, they made procedural cat person fashions yesterday: link to twitter.com

6. quietone says:

THAT’S NOT A GAME! GAMES HAVE LIKE ZOMBIES AND SCORE AND QUESTS AND SHIT! AND THAT HAS CATS AND ART AND IS A WALKING SIMULATOR AND WE’RE ALL DOOMED YA HEAR ME! DOOOOOOMED!!!

THAT’S NO GAME!! THAT’S….COMMUNISM!!!

Somebody HAD to.

7. Frank says:

Minor blog failure: title of window is “Days” instead of the full title.