GTA V Vehicle Cannon Mod Adds A Gun That Fires Cars

There was a time, before mod tools were robust and modding came with a chance of career improvement, when mods were frivolous little things. That’s what the lack of official modding support in Grand Theft Auto V [official site] brings back. The ability to make sweeping changes to the world of Los Santos may yet arrive, but for now I’m enjoying small scripts that let you fly, that make all the pedestrians mad, that make your guns fire cars.

I’m really enjoying the mod that makes your guns fire cars. See the video below.

GTA 5’s vehicle cannon mod is made by flocraftMods and does exactly what it sounds like. You press F11 to activate it, you pull out a weapon, and then each click of your mouse will launch a random vehicle in front of you at speed. Sports cars, garbage trucks, gondolas; they all come fizzing out as you hold fire on a machinegun. Occasionally the larger vehicles seem to come out so close in front of you that they’ll kill you in the process, but you can get around that if you get to higher ground. As I do here:

The mod itself is straightfoward to install, but it does depend upon a ScriptHookV.dll you’ll need to install first. Look here for a guide to installing Grand Theft Auto 5 mods. And be warned: there’s a chance that Rockstar are banning people from Rockstar Social Club who use mods, even if those people are only using the mods in singleplayer mode. I’ve yet to run into any problems personally, however – and giving up the Online mode is, to me, a small price to pay for a vehicle cannon.

I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to cinematography, obviously, but I do also enjoy mucking about in the Rockstar Editor and trying to construct clips of carnage. Even if it is fiddly to use, even if this is the first time the editor has ever let me successfully export a video, even if it still crashed once midway through the process of adding markers and moving cameras.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Bull0 says:

I expect they’re going to be banning a LOT of people from RSC because these mods are awesome and really multiplayer in Rockstar games is, to invoke the modern parlance, “fairly arse”.

2. Horg says:

”She weighs about 15 kilograms and fires forty thousand dollar, custom-tooled cars at sixty rounds per minute. ”

”Some men think they can outsmart me. hmpf. Maybe….maybe. I have yet to meet one who can outsmart car.”

3. sektor666 says:

finally!

4. Darth Gangrel says:

You Bugatti be kidding me! I just love the Audi-o visual chaos that ensues from this mod. I can’t afFord not to play around with it.

• Jediben says:

This is Nissan all, but wheel we Seat last a mod to drive a Pug?

• Jamesworkshop says:

rock-star just have sand in their Vitara

maybe they could su’e’zuki people instead

5. stringerdell says:

Great idea for a mod

6. davorable says:

What’s the name of the track/artist in the video?

7. dahools says:

Ugh. . .

MODs are so last week. . . .

Live action full remakes are where its at link to youtube.com as far as I am aware no one was hurt in the making of this GTA remake :)

8. Baines says:

I was hoping the cars were actually fired mid-air out of the gun, but it looks like they just appear on the ground some distance from the character. (Best seen at around 25 seconds in the video, with the side view of the guy firing from the top of the wall, and the car simply spawns on the ground.)

• Not_Id says:

Yeah I noticed that too. It looks like the cars are just spawning at mouse click.

There should be a way to fire vehicles from a weapon that’ll increase in size once fired.

9. JimThePea says:

It’s not just these mods that are great, it’s the really nice videos that show them off too, any other game you’d just get someone playing the game with the mod, this is like a trailer for it.

10. frymaster says:

Honestly, I think the “Rockstar is banning for single player” thing is one part people forgetting to remove code alterations before going online, one part people thinking code alterations somehow don’t count if their affect isn’t game-changing in their opinion (FOV mod, as if the anticheat is capable of deciding what’s malicious on the fly), and one part cheaters trying to get the bandwagon aligned in their favour

• TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

Your last two points are indeed key, i don’t think there’s actually any real controversy at all about what happened.

• Baines says:

PC gamer attitudes towards FOV mods can sometimes really bug me. Yes, I know some people get motion sick from low FOV games. But PC gamers don’t just mod FOV to prevent motion sickness, and having a FOV that is 45-60 degrees wider than other players can be a major advantage. Yet you have people like TotalBiscuit getting upset at Rockstar for banning players for using FOV mods.

Sure, complain about low FOV settings to developers and publishers. Be upset that the legal settings for a game make you sick, and try to get developers to change those legal settings. But don’t pretend that FOV mods aren’t cheating.

• Cederic says:

It’s my game, I’ll change the way I play it if I want.

Banning me from the online portion because I made the single-player playable? Nope, not going to buy that game.

11. MadMatty says:

4 hours download left….mucking about with Logos until then: this: link to dl.dropboxusercontent.com and Diz: link to dl.dropboxusercontent.com