The Humble Store Spring Sale Is Upon Us

That creaking sound you hear is your wallet tightening at the seams at the thought of another digital PC games sale. You should be used to it by now though, as there always seems to be a sale on somewhere. At the moment it’s The Humble Store’s turn. Its Spring Sale began only a couple of days ago and will run for two weeks, until Thursday May 21st.

You know the drill. Hefty deals, all changing daily, with some games up to 90% off. Which is basically free really, so it’d be rude not to.

Square Enix and Kalypso all have publisher deals running today, which means some great savings on Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Tropico, and all the Hitman games. In case you somehow don’t own them all already.

Also today, Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition is £3.39, the weird Mirrormoon EP is £1.39, and The Banner Saga is six squid. Meanwhile Broken Sword 5 and Lumino City are all definitely worth a punt at only if you’re after something for less than a tenner.

Most of the games available are redeemed through Steam, with some DRM-free too, so you’ll be bolstering that backlog as you save. Who knows, maybe one day you’ll even play them.

1. Myanacondadont says:

Bit of late to the party, aren’t ya?

2. edwardh says:

Ha… I thought “Grim Dawn has been released already?! How did I miss this?!”
    Guess I didn’t.
    On the other hand, I completely missed Broken Sword 5! When on earth did that happen?! I think I played through all previous parts (but only remember 1 & 2 well), so I’m really curious about that…

• Xzi says:

Probably not going to be too many more sales for Grim Dawn before its release, I picked it up for half off. Good deal. I already own every other game on sale that I would otherwise be interested in, but I’ll keep tabs on this sale anyway.

• Smoky_the_Bear says:

Yep picked up Grim Dawn 2, good price for a game I was going to buy anyway. Won’t play it much until launch but might muck around with it a bit and figure out which class combo I want to play first.

3. EhexT says:

Such a shame Grim Dawn just isn’t half as good as it should be. What should have been “Take Titan Quest – polish it”, somehow turned out to be “Take Titan Quest, remove all color, replace with brown, cut down amount of classes, enemy variety and location variety, add more grind, resist every modern convenience as hard as you can”.

• jrodman says:

Well, it was same-engine, so a tonne of convenience changes weren’t on the cards. I don’t personally feel the lack of class count as there’s still plenty new to explore, but that seems a matter of taste.

I kind of agree with you on the brown & grind though.

• Person of Interest says:

I’ve enjoyed the ~10 hours I put into it so far. Particularly the first zone’s music, explorable sprawling zones (well, compared to the epitome of modern convenience, D. III (Is the D-word still censored on RPS?)), and most of all the Demolitionist’s Blackwater Cocktails, which bounce and explode in a way reminiscent of the dwarves’ molotovs in Myth.

• Smoky_the_Bear says:

You have to remember it’s an 8 man team and it’s not finished yet. I think you are being a little harsh tbh. From what I’ve seen so far it seems like a fun ARPG, I’m waiting for the finished product before playing it properly though, I won’t judge until then.

4. Jalan says:

This War of Mine re-featured after being featured at the start of the sale. Not to say it isn’t deserving of course, but c’mon. Similar to how they devoted not one, not two but THREE tiles to Surgeon Simulator 2013/Anniversary DLC the other day when they could be combining at least two of them together at this point and putting up a fresh title that hasn’t had enough attention lavished onto it since it was released years ago (or even a more recent one, for that matter).

But, the main thing is – the start of this sale signals the forthcoming Steam sale everyone seems keen to believe will hit during the last week of this month.

5. ButteringSundays says:

I really liked the early Humble days, when you could drop a few dollars on a great collection of indie titles once in a blue moon, and they’d rake in millions.

Now it’s just a game store with mediocre sales and ‘tiers’ that mean you’re likely to just pay a pretty standard bundle-sale price for (normally) old, rather than indie games.

It’s a shame.

• DragonOfTime says:

I agree. Everyone probably makes more money this way, but some of the EXCITEMENT is gone. When a new Humble Bundle launched, it was thrilling, now you just think “Oh, wonder what they’re doing this week.”

• jrodman says:

The introduction of DRM games kind of killed my excitement for the event/store.