Free Honda: Ultra Street Fighter IV Free Weekend

There was a period in the mid-nineties when Rise of the Robots and One Must Fall: 2097 were the only beat ’em ups available on PC. Believing robotic participants to be the future of combat sports, Colin Computer, CEO of PC Incorporated, banned all fighting games containing living combatants. When it became clear that people might accidentally play Rise of the Robots in a two-game market, Colin was chased out of town.

Times have changed. Now you can play the latest Dead or Alive< ! and Mortal Kombat games and a whole lot more. And this weekend, starting right now, you can play Ultra Street Fighter IV for free through Steam.

If you really enjoy your time with this most ultra of street fighter games, you can buy it at a 50% discount (£11.49) this weekend. There are other Capcom titles on sale as well, including Dead Rising 3, DmC and lots of Resident Evil things. You can see the full listing here.

I used to love my CD-ROM copy of Super Street Fighter II Turbo No Stabilisers Edition. You could pop it in a CD player and listen to the music as if it were a regular album and that seemed like a sensible thing to do at the time (I was fourteen). I’ve never been particularly good at beat ’em ups and I always used Blanka because I could just about manage to make him roll across the screen like a cannonball and electrify himself. I also liked it when he chomped on peoples’ faces. Teenage kicks take peculiar forms.

Street Fighter IV is alien to me. I played it for about five minutes once to see if any of the moves were the same and, if so, to check that I still remembered them. I managed to make Blanka light up with his electric thunder and that was good enough for me. Bet I can still manage a hundred hand slap as well. Championship material.

1. akstro says:

going a bit offtopic: You mentioning DOA 5 being on PC made me check the steam page and I noticed there is £196 worth of DLC for a game that released last month, including a £50 bikini costume set. How on earth did this become OK? I’m used to the shitty DLC practises but this is just…. wow

• melnificent says:

According to the official site it’s closer to £265. When did companies start to gouge every penny?
      link to teamninja-studio.com Just click steam to see the dlc.

• Devan says:

The quantity and price of the DLC isn’t the problem (since it’s all cosmetic and low importance). The real problem is that the base game is a low-quality console port. I recommend not picking it up unless they provide some solid improvements through patches.

• welverin says:

It’s all stuff that was released over the course of years for the assorted console versions, one of which was free to play. It just all got dumped on the PC at once.

It’s all cosmetic stuff, and there are a lot of costumes in the base game, so I have no problem with it at all.

• pepperfez says:

Yeah, that kind of stuff makes me not want the game at all. I get that it’s good business and that they’ll make more in completionists buying everything than ones like me avoiding it, but…ugh. It’s almost the return of arcades, because we play all of our games in the middle of a shopping mall.

• TormDK says:

No one is forcing your to buy it, it’s not like Gaben is holding a gun to your head while he screams “IT’S MINE, GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONIEZ!”

Personally, I would rather have the choice of DLC, than be without. I am old enough to decide what I spend my money on.

• secuda says:

And they have the guts to go out and say “dont make nude mods or else” sigh.

2. Vinraith says:

I do wish Soul Calibur would finally make its way to PC, it’s the only fighting series (outside of the aforementioned One Must Fall, oddly enough) that I’ve ever really gotten along with.

• Wedge says:

Well with Tekken 7 coming to PC I’d say there’s a decent chance the next Soul game ends up on PC as well. Don’t care for 3d fighting games at all myself, but I’m always glad to have more available on PC.

• pepperfez says:

Has Tekken been officially confirmed for PC yet? I was pretty sure it was, then a while ago I could only find obnoxiously coy non-statements from Harada.

• int says:

That’s my favorite fighter too. I hope they will release the next one they make for PC as well as consoles. And I would love even more if they ported the old ones too.

3. jrodman says:

I miss soundtracks similar to One Must Fall’s, though.

4. Spider Jerusalem says:

I think I preferred the OMF days, all told.

5. lovieneal says:

Start making cash right now… Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8523 a month. I’ve started this job and I’ve never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here…
    >>>>>>>> http://www.Wage-Report.com

6. virginiawsanchez says:

I ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­make ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­$86 ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­hourly ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­on ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­the ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­computer. ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­have ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­been ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­without ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­work for ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­six ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­months ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Hey you guys I have found the perfect job as a full time student, it has changed my life around! If you are self motivated and social media savvy then this is ideal for you. The sky is the limit, you get exactly how much work you put into to it. Click on this link to get started and see for yourself..

——————–> link to is.gd

7. elizabethjhoff says:

just before I saw the paycheck four $5842 , I accept that my mom in-law was actualey bringing in money in their spare time online. . there brothers friend has done this less than and recently paid for the dept on there villa and got a new opel .

==========>>> http://www.PayToday70.com

8. JesterRaiin says:

There was a period in the mid-nineties when Rise of the Robots and One Must Fall: 2097 were the only beat ‘em ups available on PC

Sango Fighter FTW!

• ansionnach says:

Budokan, Pit Fighter, Street Fighter 2, Body Blows, Panza Kickboxing, Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 all existed at around this time. Most of these ports were pretty bad. Played Budokan a lot.

• Formedras says:

On the good side of “not robot PC fighting games of the 90s” was Super Street Fighter II. Looked and played really good on my 50MHz 486DX2 with 8MB RAM. So did Mega Man X. Not a fighting game, but it did help make SSFII even better for me by coming with a 6-button gamepad.

9. DanMan says:

I’ve tried it. But somehow SF and me don’t get along. Never have, and probably never will. I can’t put my finger on it, but something about it us just not for me, even though I like some other Bemups.

10. axt09673 says:

I make up to $90 an hour working from my home. My story is that I quit working at walmart to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $40h to $86h… Someone was good to me by sharing this link with me, so now i am hoping i could help someone else out there by sharing this link… Try it, you won’t regret it!……

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> w­­­­­­­­w­­­­­­­­w­­­­­­­­.Jobs-cash.­­­­­­­­C­­­­­­­­o­­­­­­­­m