Roar! LEGO Jurassic World Stomping Around PC

Jurassic World is now stomping around cinemas, and LEGO Jurassic World [official site] is stomping around PC too (though our review will be roaring through here later). For those who don’t know, it’s a kid-friendly amalgamation of Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III, and the most recent Jurassic World. (You knew it was going to be there. Just look at the name! So telling.) And, oh look — a trailer after the cut!

Where was I? Oh, yes. Unsurprisingly, it looks like the TT Games will once again be gracing the gaming public with their delicious blend of humour. Although the trailer does evoke some classic moments of the franchise, it’s not short on the silliness. My favorite part? The smiley face in a fogged-up window. (No, I’m not telling you who did it. You’ll have to see yourself.) More importantly, or perhaps even most importantly, LEGO Jurassic Park grants the opportunity to play as a dinosaur. One of twenty, in fact. According to the Steam page, the roster includes “Triceratops, deadly Raptor, vicious Compy and even the mighty T. Rex.”

If, for some reason, you’re not in the business of stomping around as an overgrown reptile, there’s always hunting down LEGO amber and assembling your very own dinosaur. How much customization is allowed, of course, is something that probably only Mr. Walker (and people who already own the game) will be able to answer.

LEGO Jurassic World is £18.74 on Steam and what have you.

1. int says:

I’ve always wanted to be a dino-taming pratt.

2. Challenger2uk says:

I would like to get into lego games but the score collecting tokens on each level puts me off, it just makes me wanna try and earn them all which turns it into a grind rather than an enjoyable gaming experience.

3. OctoStepdad says:

I bought this yesterday and it was crazy to see it on sale during the steam sale even though it released yesterday.

I haven’t gotten into it yet, it’s LE MANS DAY!

• GWOP says:

So good to see the 919 winning after Porsche’s decade-and-half hiatus.

4. mechabuddha says:

I’ve played through the first two levels of this game. They use the voices from the movies, but also added a ton of their own dialogue, too. So not only are there visual gags, but dialogue jokes as well. They spared no expense!

5. Grey_Ghost says:

Oh c’mon that Alt-Text should have clearly said “ALAN!”.

6. TMA says:

While I was watching the trailer for this game, the trailer for XCOM started playing in the background. The effect was quite… spectacular.

7. yan spaceman says:

Back in my day if you made a Lego dinosaur it would have to be at least a foot high to achieve any kind of recognizable dinosaur shape and naturally would be a colourful mash-up of red, yellow, white and blue bricks. Nowadays they just invent a dinosaur head brick, a dinosaur leg brick, a dinosaur tail brick and so on. It just doesn’t seem … right, somehow.