The Crew: Wild Summit Expansion Adding Monster Trucks

Monster mash-up

High-octane vehicular chases always seem so dangerous to me. Which is why I’m rather grateful for games like The Crew, which allows you to engage in your most absurd speed fantasies without risking being turned into a pancake. And with the The Crew‘s [official site] newly-announced expansion Wild Run [look, we’re catching up on a few E3 things -ed.], you’ll be able to diversify this experience even further.

Good trailer? Good trailer. Wild Run looks set to provide a significant amount of content. First and foremost, the expansion will add motorcycles and dragsters to the mix, allowing you to blaze through the world like the cool people on television. More importantly, it introduces monster trucks. Big, studly monster trucks. The kind that do flips and wheelstands and whatnot. Additionally, Wild Run will bring a graphical overhaul, promising even better looking rides. And if that doesn’t excite you at all, there’s also the fact that Wild Run will bring something called The Summit, and actually, I’d let the description speak for itself.

“The Summit, an unofficial gathering of thousands of drivers and mechanics from around the world, takes place in iconic locations all around the USA. It’s a gathering where car culture is celebrated across a multi-dimensional competition with the widest variety of vehicles, from heavily tuned cars to agile bikes or more exotic concepts. Ride your motorcycle on your way to The Summit, impress the crowd of the monster truck arena in the Yosemite Valley, smell burned rubber behind the wheel of your drift car, or break speed records with your dragster on Bonneville Salt Flats. The promising thrills of new challenges await you and your crew. The gathering has begun. The Summit is here.”

We cool? We cool. Wild Run is due November 17th.

1. anHorse says:

I loved the world of The Crew but I got bored of the story by new york which was basically just the end of the tutorial

Might give it another go once I play through all the games I’ve picked up in summer sales

2. Simbosan says:

I’m a bit disturbed by the Teen rating screen, it includes “Language”. I’m sorry but this world is going to hell in a handjob … I mean basket

3. cqdemal says:

The Crew is both the most underrated and the most deservedly thrashed game of 2014.

Never before has a game with such degrees of incompetence achieved so many magical moments while just traveling around with friends. I just rushed through the story to get it over with, picked up the cars I love the looks of, stream my own music and head off towards the horizon with all UI elements turned off.

• Blackcompany says:

Yeah we really just wanted an open world driving/racing game, without the Ubi-game garbage layered on top. A game where scripted segments and races were voluntary things, not forced, mandatory-for-unlocks “story missions.”

What it got right it nailed. But it got oh so much so horribly, horribly wrong, too.

• trjp says:

I tend to end-up owning every driving game – but the beta/demo of this left me cold and it’s never dropped to a remotely sane price and so I gave it a miss…

I’ll cave at some point – maybe – history records that the ONLY driving game I’ve not actually owned is TDU2 (because it’s a stone-cold turd)

It need to be cheap tho – I mean <$20 for all the things…

4. yhancik says:

*Monster Truck Maaaadness memories*

5. rekedens says:

This looks promising

6. PopeRatzo says:

The Story Missions are a tiny fraction of what The Crew has to offer. It’s my favorite game of 2014 and I’ve got over 250 hours in it. The PvP is really good, and the developers have been reasonably responsive to issues.

The recent sale has brought a lot of new players and I still haven’t explored all the Crew vs Crew or Faction vs Faction races.

The soundtrack is very weak, but I just turn the music all the way down and play my 3000-tune Spotify racing playlist.