Book 3 Of Dreamfall Chapters Out This Week

Red Thread Games have finally announced the release date for the next episode of the Dreamfall Chapters [official site] series. Book 3, subtitled Realms, will be available to download on Thursday, June 25th. The news comes alongside (or maybe through?) a new trailer, which gives a glimpse of what to expect from the upcoming chapter/book/episode.

This includes a makeover for both main characters, as we’ve previously reported. Development time on Book 3 has been considerably less than the five months between Books 1 and 2, which bodes well for us getting hold of the last two episodes in the series before the end of the year. Maybe. Probably not, but wouldn’t that be nice?

If you’re still on the fence about playing Dreamfall Chapters, then make sure you check out Wot Adam Thought of Book 1 and Book 2. Having said that, your best bet is to start by playing The Longest Journey and Dreamfall before getting stuck into this series. Don’t worry, they’ll still be here when you’re done. Then you’ll know for sure whether they’re for you.

1. ChairmanYang says:

Excellent, another promising adventure series I’ll be sure to look into once the episodes are all released! (Along with Kentucky Route Zero, Life Is Strange, and maybe some of the current Telltale series.)

• RimeOfTheMentalTraveller says:

To be fair, Life is Strange 4 is releasing middle of July and then finishes up in September, so if you try it, it won’t be much of a wait.

2. K33L3R says:

Yay?
    I backed this and I can’t build much enthusiasm :(
    Something must be wrong with me…

• RimeOfTheMentalTraveller says:

Nah, I feel you. I was like that before I played and I didn’t feel like playing it until April. But when I did, I definitely felt I got my backer money’s worth. If you don’t want to play it, don’t. Do it at your own time. But it IS worth it… unless you’ve played the previous episodes and I’m just rambling.

• tormeh says:

Same. Didn’t really feel the need to play it. Then I unwisely played the first book, almost cried at the opening scene, and now I don’t want to play the other books because I don’t want it to end. I mean, when I’ve played this through, what if there’s another 6 years to wait until the next one in the series? This is uncomfortably similar to how I feel about love, come to think about it.

• K33L3R says:

Yeah, I played them :)
        I’m more up for it now, be a nice break from Witcher I guess

3. Bodylotion says:

Still need to pick this one up. Not really a big fan of episodic games but I really loved The Longest Journey games.

4. Uhuru N'Uru says:

As a backer of this game I just don’t care about these episodes at all. Don’t get me wrong, I want to play this game and will do so once it’s a complete game. These episodic releases are not the final game and are anotber form of early access. If you want early access, that’s fine. I want the finished product tp be my first experience, one I’d generally never play, if I’d played the alpha.