The Latest Witcher 3 Freebie: A New Quest

This picture explains nothing.

As The Witcher 3 [official site] nears the last of its sixteen planned free ‘DLC’ releases, developers CD Projekt RED are dragging things out, the awful teases. This Wednesday brings only one new pack, rather than the usual two, in the form of a new quest titled ‘Where the Cat and Wolf Play…’. Sounds like another Witcher might be involved in this one, aye?

The description from RED explains:

“Explore a forgotten village and discover its terrifying secret. Find out who or what slaughtered its inhabitants and use all your witcher skills to confront this mysterious force.”

I’d tell you more, but it seems I can’t actually do this quest yet on my save. Supposedly you pick it up from the Oberton or Crow’s Perch noticeboard, but its absence makes me suspect I may need to complete something else first. I’m half-way into a quest or two involving other Witcher schools, y’see. I wonder what that Cat lot are up to this time. I hear the quest takes about ten minutes to complete.

Follow the same old instructions to download the quest.

This is the thirteenth of the sixteen planned freebies. Once they’re all done, I suppose all we’ll get is the odd patch until those expansions start arriving in October.

1. hemmer says:

Curiously while there are 13 DLCs now, the installer for this is called DLC15. They kind of left out 9 and 11 when numbering them. oO

• Deathmaster says:

Meh, either its not chronological or they just decided to scratch/combine some and the final DLC will be labeled DLC20 or so.

• Cyroch says:

9&11? When I look at the file list in the download folder, I see them all neatly named dlc 1-12. And now 15. So for me 13&14 are missing (I use GoG Galaxy for dl and install manually)

• hemmer says:

Having actually downloaded it, the file is named correctly. When I moused over the download link it said 15 though, must be an internal thing.

• Synesthesia says:

I never found where to find them, and I already finished it. Will probably play them on my second run, a few years from now, with a beefier pc. Do you guys use GOG? Where are the DLCs?

• Jockie says:

Read my comment below that i misplaced and forgot to include the link: link to gog.com

• hemmer says:

If you’re using just the gog-website, you just click on the game in your library, and it should look like that: link to sta.sh

I was initially confused by the new site layout as well. :x

• Synesthesia says:

That’s funny, I don’t have that button. I have it through gog, but I purchased through nuuvem. Maybe that’s it?

• jacobvandy says:

Datamining showed the internal name DLC #9 refers to a New Game+. I’m guessing it fell behind schedule and will be released later. Perhaps such delays could be a reason they’re stretching it to one item per week now?

• hemmer says:

Oh that’s quite interesting, thanks. Makes me wonder what dlc11 is.

2. Jockie says:

You need to subscribe to this thingie, then they show up in the additional files where you’d download the client.

3. king0zymandias says:

Just please bring out the new patch with the item storage before I finish the game. Please.

• Enkinan says:

A personal chest or something like PoE did so I can have all three sets of Witcher gear as well.

4. Enkinan says:

They are never going to let me finish this game and get to all the shit I bought on Steam sale. Can anyone think of a denser game? BG2 maybe? Skyrim with all expansions?

5. goettel says:

You taking notes, Bethesda?

• Ejia says:

Well, Morrowind had a few bits of free add-ons – the Fort Firemoth quest, the Propylon indices, and magic arrows, possibly a couple of other minor ones.

Which makes the whole horse armor madness even more sad.

Damien Stark says:

I really, really want this to be an actual cat who plays with Geralt.

X to purr. Y to curl up on lap. A to bite fingers until fed. B to throw up somewhere difficult to clean.