Allison Road Trailer: P.T.-ish First-Person Spooking

Oh. Hello.

Konami may have murdered their first-person spooker P.T., but the Silent Hill promo game will surely inspire dozens of imitators and admirers. Allison Road [Facebook page] is clearly inspired by P.T., though a bit more literal and set inside a British terraced house.

A new 13-minute gameplay trailer shows off their current prototype, and it’s awfully pretty. Plenty of stuff to pick up and fiddle with too, which I always appreciate. Think along the lines of One Late Night on a smaller scale and not pants, or Gone Home‘s secret ghost ending. Come see:

Not bad that, is it? The narrator’s mutterings seem a shame, pulling me out the world a bit, but on the whole that’s jolly nice. I do like that it’s crammed with household items; too often buildings which are meant to represent homes but only include a few token items to hint at that. It’s a pretty game, looking like a real enough place to make the unreal things quite unpleasant.

If it looks a bit arbitrary and unclear, bear in mind that it’s a prototype meant to show off general gameplay. “In order to do that without spoiling any of the story we decided to separate it from the actual game,” say developers Lilith Ltd, “so while this is real gameplay it’s not what you’ll see in the full version of the game.”

Impressively, Lilith are only six people. Good work, you lot. No word on a release date yet.

1. Saarlaender39 says:

Should’ve named it “Alison Hell” instead. ;o)

• Saarlaender39 says:

While I’m at it:

Alice isn’t it frightening?
      Alice aren’t you scared?
      Alice isn’t it wonderful
      Living life afraid?

Don’t look around the corner
      I might be lurking there
      Under the bed at night
      You’re up till dawn again

Alison Hell, your mind begins to fold
      Alison Hell, aren’t you growing cold?
      Alison Hell, you are looking blue
      Alison Hell, what else can you do?

I begin my rule
      Life hideous in your mind
      Crying out you’ve lost your doll
      It isn’t worth a dime

Alison Hell, your mind begins to fold
      Alison Hell, aren’t you growing cold?
      Alison Hell, what are you looking for?
      Alison Hell, soon I close the door

Sitting in the corner
      You are naked and alone
      No one listens to your fears
      You’ve created me

Alice isn’t it frightening?
      Alice aren’t you scared?
      I was killed at birth, I shoot this final scene
      You’re in the basement, you’re trapped insanity

Alison Hell, what were you looking for?
      Alison Hell, as I close the door
      Alison Hell, here you shall dwell
      Alison Hell, Alice dwells in hell

Alice, Alison
      Alice in hell
      Goodbye

• chackosan says:

.Sounds a bit Watered down.

2. tehfish says:

Regarding the mention of “Gone Home‘s secret ghost ending” Is this an actual thing?

Googling it leaved me none the wiser (just a relatively unfunny comedian’s song about lesbians overlaid over gone home footage)

Am i simply missing something obvious here? :)

• tehfish says:

Leaved? *glares at brain* Sorry for the language mangling there :)

• Merus says:

I think it’s continuing an Idle Thumbs joke about how, no matter what Steve Gaynor claimed to the contrary, Gone Home was going to be a ghost game.

Of course, Idle Thumbs got the last laugh, as the official soundtrack (which Idle Thumbs host Chris Remo wrote) is abbreviated GH:OST.

• gbrading says:

No secret ghost ending, but there is a secret cat ending (well, cat easter egg). Much nicer. :P

3. cHeal says:

Seen this a few months ago on the unreal forums. Looks incredible, the guy has worked extremely hard on shaders and textures and such however I don’t imagine it will ever release. It just looks like the fidelity shown for this 1 building would be extremely difficult to scale.

• cqdemal says:

But the whole game is set inside just this one building…

They’ve come this far. From a technical perspective I don’t think they have anything to fear. Sustaining the level of tension found in this alpha footage is the real challenge.

• manny says:

Indie films in small locations like a house or a room are made all the time. The real challenge will be the animation.

4. Synesthesia says:

but i wanted silent hill

5. dethtoll says:

Not sure I’m really up on yet another Amnesia clone, particularly one mimicking the Amnesia clone sequel to a series that should have remained a trilogy.

But at least it looks pretty.

• Big Murray says:

So basically every single first-person horror game where you don’t have a weapon is an Amnesia clone, then?