Card Hunter Coming To Steam With Co-op And NotShodan

Hot damn, Card Hunter [official site] is coming to Steam. I enjoyed the card game simulation tremendously when it first came out. From the little details to the cast of geeks, it all works for me. There were only two things I really didn’t like about it: the fact it wasn’t on Steam, and the fact I couldn’t trap my friends on the board with me. WELP. GUESS WHAT HAS CHANGED.

(Card Hunter is coming to Steam, and will allow co-op goodness. It’ll also soon receive a new expansion, Expedition to the Sky Citadel, introducing a not-wholly-unfamiliar AI.)

Cardotron 2000 is a malevolent AI who has taken considerable affront with your vision of entertainment. As is often the case with such expansions, this high-level update includes an army of new game mechanics, items, and cards. The part I’m really excited about? Co-op mode. Developers Blue Manchu have retooled Card Hunter’s single-player campaign to allow you to bring your friends along.

No specific release dates have been pulled out of the deck yet, but the Expedition to the Sky Citadel is due to launch alongside the Steam version later this month.

1. Imbecile says:

Liked card hunter a lot, and lavished a few quid on it. I assume I’d have to rebuy all that again if I grabbed it on Steam?

Aerothorn says:

You assume wrong – it’s a single account and all progress, items, achievements, etc. transfer between versions.

• salejemaster says:

I imagine that you would just use your account and have everything there independent of which platform you are using?

• Discosauce says:

That is just what I was wondering. I also spent some money on it when it first came out, but haven’t revisited it in some time. So, this is excellent news.

2. Gap Gen says:

This name reminds me of a game I have with my sister where every time I visit her I have to buy a card in a shop we’re both in without her noticing and then send it to her later. So far I’ve done it twice, but she’s bound to get wise soon or later.

3. neoncat says:

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Card Hunter! With achievements! And (Stream) trading cards! \o/

Go visit the forums (forums.cardhunter.com), where people are nice and can answer all your questions about the game!

Also, play it enough, and maybe someday you’ll be cool like me:
    link to forums.cardhunter.com

:D

4. Freud says:

Card Hunter is an excellent game and hopefully it’ll get a bigger audience when it’s on Steam. It deserves it.

• Rizlar says:

Yeah, I am absolutely all over this. It’s hard to believe that such a good game is freeeeee!

5. itsbenderingtime says:

I’m glad to see Card Hunter getting some love. Every time there’s a post about the CCG-on-computers renaissance that doesn’t mention it, I have to resist being That Guy and giving it a shout-out in the comments. It gets hard.