The RPS Bargain Bucket: Team Discount

Happy Independence Day, American people! And Good Not-Melting-In-The-Summer-Heat to the European folk trapped without air-conditioning in their lives. As a card-carrying Malaysian, let me just say that it baffles me to imagine countries where freon-fueled cold air does not exist. (Not really, but I just like saying things, sometimes.) This week’s shockingly inventive Guest Plushie comes from Welverin, who captioned their entry with, “Who to equip?” Love it.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
$19.99/£12.84/€17.99
I have happy memories of Diablo 3 when it first emerged. It was moderate amounts of fun, a heavy dose of cheesy dialogue, and explosions of capitalistic glitter. Then there was the whole debacle about the auction house and I ran away from the game forever. Reaper of Souls apparently repaired some of the loot-related atrocities, provided a new class to play with, and more. I can’t be arsed to take another shot, but if you’ve been looking for an excuse to do it, here’s your chance.

Dust: An Elysian Tail
$2.99/£2.39/€2.79
Dust: An Elysian Tail is a game populated by anthropomorphic animals, but that shouldn’t put off it. This absolutely gorgeous side-scrolling action game will have you pummeling your way through a horde of enemies, all the while wielding more pyrotechnics than any one person should ever have access to. It’s slick. and beautifully put together. You should check it out if you’re into this sort of thing.

Pyjama Sam: Volume 1
$5.99/£3.85/€5.39
Have children? Have a child-like side? Was born in the ‘80s but somehow missed the opportunity to enjoy classics like Putt-Putt and Pyjama Sam? That’s okay. We’ve got you covered. Well, GOG.com has you covered, but that’s besides the point. Pyjama Sam is a cutesy adventure that will have you exploring the protagonist’s closet as he tries to overcome his fear of the dark. Aw.

Saints Row Ultimate Pack
The Saints Row franchise has been called everything from “weird” to “progressive,” with occasional outbursts of WTF for good measure. And for good reason. It’s a weird, weird series that will blow your mind with its wardrobe of neon colors and over-the-top humour. You’ll either loathe it or love it.

Also of note

Sir, You’re Being Hunted Triple Pack – $9.72/£7.49/€10.41
Where’s my disclaimer? There it is. This is an official disclaimer stating that I am recommending a game that one of RPS’s founders helped make. But it is also going for very cheap, and it does involve gentleman robots hellbent on shooting you down, and it is acquiring multiplayer capabilities — all good reason to peek curiously at it, especially at this price point.

Game of Thrones – $11.99/£7.70/€10.79
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, Game of Thrones is a franchise that needs no introduction. Unlike the television series, however, Telltale Games’ adaptation doesn’t quite follow the main story, branching off to explore the exploits of House Forrester.

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones – $1.03/£0.66/€0.93
Fancy playing an acrobatic nobleman as he jumps and somersaults over unsuspecting victims? Really? Excellent. Because Nuuvem has Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, and a variety of other titles, on sale right now. As always, make sure to check for region locks and to have Hola in operation.

1. thedosbox says:

That’s not a bucket!

(says the person who sent in a pic of a bear sitting in a shopping basket)

It is very cute though.

Anyhow, what does gunnersaurus need to do? link to pinterest.com

• welverin says:

I don’t have a bucket!

Anyway, Cassandra said a container of some sort would do, so there you go.

• Max Planck says:

Do you really not have a bucket? How do you wash the floor?

• TWChristine says:

I don’t either. We just use the wet swiffer thing. It’s probably more chemically than using a bucket/soap though :/

• welverin says:

Yuck, I wouldn’t put my plushies in a dirty old bucket!

• thedosbox says:

Heh, no worries – it’s a great collection of plushies.

However, if we’re now able to submit plushies in “containers”, I wonder if I could persuade our bucket overlord to accept this:

link to flickr.com

• welverin says:

A car is a container, of sorts.

• Kaeoschassis says:

A personbucket, perhaps?

• Llewyn says:

I used to drive a rustbucket.

NB: I am not a plushie, despite becoming increasingly well cushioned with age.

• Ejia says:

We may be allowed to submit plushies in “containers”, but are we allowed to submit “plushies” in “containers”?

• Ejia says:

If I had known that a laundry hamper counted as a bucket, I would’ve sent in my set a long time ago. Come to think of it, how does one send in a picture?

• thedosbox says:

You can email Cassandra by clicking on her byline (it has an embedded mailto link).

2. Creeping Death says:

“Unlike the television series, however, Telltale Games’ adaptation doesn’t quite follow the main story,”

Don’t worry. The TV show doesnt much follow the main story anymore either ^^

I’m always kinda tempted to pick up GoT and the Borderlands TT games when I see them cheap like this… and then I remember I still have the majority of TWD season 2 and all of Wolf Among Us to finish :/

• welverin says:

I pretty much have every Telltale game series to finish, and yet I still played through all three episodes of Tales From the Borderlands in short order.

I haven’t picked up GoT yet though, that one I’ll probably stick to my usual purchasing habits for Telltale games though, wait until its ~$5.

• kalirion says:

No, though the details, some of the rather large, might be very different, I’d say the main story is the same. For example, Sansa is in a very different situation between the two, but that’s merely a detail.

3. welverin says:

Greenman Gaming has an EA sale at the moment, and Humble has their Freedom sale (will they be having a sale event every month?), though I suspect Cassandra skipped that because they’re an obvious place to watch now.

• Vandelay says:

Can’t access Greenman Gaming’s EA sale from the UK, so assume it must be US only. No idea if it is as easy to buy from their US site as it is to buy from Nuuvem.

Speaking of which, there are some good deals on there, beyond the Two Thrones that Cassandra picked (I actually do like that game, which is a little closer to the first in the trilogy in terms of style, but includes the improved combat system of Warrior Within.) I’m thinking of getting Far Cry 4 (~£13,) and Vanishing of Ethan Carter (~£2), but there is also Wastelands 2 (~£8), Anno 2070 (~£3) and lots of Assassin Creed, with the latest being just ~£16.

4. therighttoarmbears says:

I bought Broforce on a whim for $10 on steam last night, and it is quite fun, even solo. Waiting for my little brother to have a few moments to play coop, as I imagine that makes it even better. Didn’t expect to enjoy it this much!

5. iambecomex says:

Super Hexagon is 19p in the Humble Sale. 19 little pennies!

6. Holderist says:

In regards to Nuuvem, using Hola might not be the best recommendation for a proxy service:

link to reddit.com

link to motherboard.vice.com

• Archangel says:

Just signed in to say this exact thing. You should probably uninstall Hola pretty much immediately.

• Jalan says:

The thing that makes this unfortunate is that there aren’t really any “safe” and secure free alternatives when it comes to things like this. Granted, Hola is an extreme case of the bad as far as this goes, but most run comparable levels of risk.

Paying for a VPN (from a reliable and trusted provider) just to save money on video games isn’t going to be worth it to many people and even if they do so, the “deals” Nuuvem has now have declined significantly ever since they overhauled their site to accommodate for the fact that far less individuals living in Brazil/etc. were using it to buy what they had on offer.