Grand Theft Auto V’s Shiny New Ill-Gotten Gains

I want that bike. Not that jacket though. This recent trendy of 'high-end' biker jackets with gold detailing and quilting in weird places is so gross. They look awful.

Swanky new clothes, cars, boats, guns, and other ostentatious displays of wealth and violence are now up for grabs in Los Santos, as Rockstar today released the second part of the free ‘Ill-Gotten Gains’ update for Grand Theft V [official site]. The first half arrived in June with some deeply tacky clothes and ghastly golden vehicles. I swear, money’s wasted on the rich – no taste at all.

This second half, however, does have some pretty nice stuff. The new motorbike in particular is flipping gorgeous, cor, just take a look at that up there!

Rockstar say that new Dinka Vindicator motorcycle has “a kinetic energy recovery system (KERS) that stores energy from braking and delivers a burst of speed on activation.” Does that mean turbo boost? I think it means turbo boost. I want one. Matte black, thanks.

Today brought that and four new cars, one new wooden motorboat, new horns, and new weapons in the form of the single-shot Marksman Pistol and the knuckle dusters – which come in nine variants. All that stuff is available in both the story mode and GTA Online. Some new stuff is only for the Online side too: 15 new tattoos and hundreds of items of clothing.

Check these two Rockstar blog posts for pictures and more info on some of the new things. The patch notes for version 1.28 also detail a load of bug fixes fixes, if you’re curious.

1. dontnormally says:

How about a reasonable way to acquire in-game currency that doesn’t involve hacking?

• Belsameth says:

There already is. Do missions…

Also, the new update, like the last one, is kinda poo. Even if the new super car is nice.

• dontnormally says:

A normal working person would have to spend quite the percentage of their free time to gather the $1m+ needed to buy anything of worth in this game. Of course it is designed that way, to sell the shark cards.

• King_Rocket says:

Not really, if you know what your doing and and if you have friends that play you can earn a million in an hour or so easily enough. Not through any illegitimate means, just through missions.

• Doc DarkStar says:

Not at all, you can easily make $25k in 15 minutes playing online and if you only do that once a day you’ll make a million in just over a month. Actually have a proper game of it once or twice a week and you can bring that down to a fortnight with ease.

A lot of the time I treat like a mobile game; login for a short period on a regular basis and do a couple of things to make some money. I soon build up the money to buy whatever I want and without having put much time into it I’ve made and spent millions in-game without ever feeling I needed to spend real money on in-game currency.

• Anti-Skub says:

Simply playing through all the heists for the first time with the same group of friends nets you several million in around 30 hours of gameplay.

The money you get for completeing each heist normally…usually £100-200k
          £100,000 bonus per heist the first time you complete them
          £1 million for completing the heists in order
          £1 million for completing the heists with the same crew
          £100,000 for completing the heists in first person
          And a bonus £10 million if you can do all that without dying, which isn’t particularly hard

Do that and you get enough cash to buy a house with a 10 car garage filled it with supercars.

• go4brendon says:

If you do the last heist “Pacific Standard” and host with a bunch of randoms and give yourself a 55% cut you can easily make $650 000 on hard difficulty. Get one player go grab the cash so there’s less leakage when taking damage. You can easily make 2mil a week.

Serrit says:

“new horns” – can finally start my GTA V Jazz Band

3. Myrdinn says:

also they managed to further murder the performance with this patch

the armor section at ammunation makes me drop to 7 fps and it seems to be a common issue for a lot of people on reddit

• go4brendon says:

It’s not your PC getting murdered its the request time from the server lagging. I think its due to max player increase per server. I’m sure they will patch it soon.

• Jabberslops says:

The Gun Shop fps drop happens in single player and multiplayer as well as random fps drops and microstutter. It didn’t happen until the Ill-Gotten-Gains updates were out. I capped my fps at 60 with Nvidia Inspector and had nearly 0 fps drops or other graphics issues before the update on my I7 2600k OC’ed, GTX 780 and SSD.

4. anHorse says:

Wish I could make a GTA character that looked like the ones in the trailer

Mine are barely human

5. BlissBatch says:

It took me WAY too long to figure out the meaning of “3-Gotten.” :D

6. Sweetz says:

Wow. Rockstar’s vehicle designs have always been just barely on the proper side of inspiration vs infringement, but that bike is near as makes no difference a carbon copy of the Honda NM4 Vultus.

• Sweetz says:

PS Visually that is. The NM4 is not a performance bike in real life, it shares more in common with a maxi-scooter than a sport motorcycle.

Here’s another pic. The elevated seat back shown here lowers to become the pillion (passenger) seat pad so it looks just like GTA shot.

link to images.gizmag.com

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Number two of “these two” is a link back to this article.

8. satan says:

I got another random ‘only chance you’ll ever get’ (3rd time) to change my character’s appearance with this patch, so that was nice.

9. klo3 says:

KERS is an actual thing. It basically restores braking energy (ie. in a flywheel) and then uses that energy to accelerate the vehicle. It is used in F1 cars, but AFAIK not (yet) in any production cars.

It has nothing to do with turbo, other than that both are technologies that make (internal combustion engine powered) vehicles more efficient.

10. sextonblake says:

There was *almost* a cool, trad biker jacket in the game at launch, but it had short sleeves (oh dear) and elasticated cuffs (what?). Have they fixed that yet?