Frogzapoppin’: Zuma’s Revenge Free On Origin

BLAST THOSE BALLS!

Zuma’s Revenge [official site] may be a lesser sequel to PopCap’s fine ball-blasting action-puzzler Zuma (it’s essentially a colourful Resident Evil 4 without player movement, yeah?), but it’s still some pretty fun froggy action. If you have an Origin account (and probably if you don’t too), it’s perhaps worth downloading for free as the latest freebie in the scheme EA chose not to call “Ahhh g’wan, install Origin, it’s really nice, honest.”

If you don’t know Zuma, here’s how it goes: a steady stream of coloured balls are running down winding grooves towards a goal you must stop them from reaching. Your frog god… thing sits in the centre of the board, spitting out balls trying to hit same-coloured spheres and make them vanish. It’s simple at first, but soon you’re needing to set up combos so as you detonate one set of colours, the vacuum they leave causes another set of balls to collide and also detonate, and so on. Powerups let you fling balls in fancier ways too.

It’s simple but fun, a bit like leading your shots with a sniper rifle, only with more frogs and colours. The game usually costs £4.25 and, for free, it’s certainly worth a poke.

1. iambecomex says:

‘If you’re boycotting EA or Origin and want to rant and rave about that towards me, please imagine doing that to my face in a pub and the look I’d have as I poured your own pint over your head.’

I demand this be the alt-text for every article about an EA game from now on.

• MadTinkerer says:

Hey, sweet! it’s like the ice bucket challenge! It’s the Alice’s Pin challenge.

Dear Alice, I hate Origin because I loved Origin. Not the download manager, the company. Calling their Steam-clone service that was a terrible, terrible joke and I will not participate. Go ahead: BEER ME!

Oh, it’s lovely! Lovely lovely beer! Pouring down all over me! It smells so lovely! Lovely lovely beer! Oh, it’s over? just one pint? Awww.

Oh, but what if I tell you more about how Origin is complete chickenshit? Is that another pint? More beer shower! MORE BEER SHOWER! I HATE ORIGIN SO MUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!(glub)

johannsebastianbach says:

This action in particular is called «Bierdusche» (Shower o’ beer) in German and is quite popular amongst yeah-I’m-driving-to-away-games-football-fans. I do love it indeed!

2. RedViv says:

Zum̺̗̘̥͙a̵!̡̪̬̜̱

• disconnect says:

Why hasn’t anyone done a Let’s Play of Zͣ͗̔ú̂m̸ͭa͚̻͊ͪ̇͢ͅ

• Synesthesia says:

I understood these references.

• TooGoodToCheck says:

That’s what I shout every time someone is mentions Zumba. Or sometimes I’ll say Zumba! in the Zuma! voice. Turns out I’m the only one entertained by this

3. Bluestormzion says:

I did love Zuma, and would like it if it were possible for someone to make a new one now without making it online only with microtransactions for touch-devices only…

I don’t know, the state of videogaming as a whole is really disheartening these days…

tigerfort says:

“Barman, a pint of tap-water, please. It’s too hot, and I want to annoy Alice.”

5. Risingson says:

I prefer Luxor 3.

6. Baines says:

What about people who boycott Popcap and want to rant and rave about Zuma being a clone of Puzz Loop?

DelrueOfDetroit says:

That is not a “frog-god-thing”. It is clearly a dish scrubber holding frog that has been cursed for all time as a punishment for making the kitchen smell like rotten poo.

8. anonzp says:

>please imagine doing that to my face in a pub and the look I’d have as I poured your own pint over your head.

snarky tumblr queen enjoys EA games, more at 11.