Hey look, a cool trailer inspired by the Warcraft movie where you fly over Stormwind on a gryphon. You can even move the camera about as you do so and… what’s that? A chance to overthink the whole thing?
Sure, sure, I can do that.
Prepare to soar through the epic world of Azeroth in this official 360 video inspired by the Warcraft movie and developed by Industrial Light & Magic xLAB. Look all around you as you fly over the city of Stormwind on the back of the mythic gryphon.
Technical point: it’s been designed for Chrome. You can try it in other browsers but it might be rubbish or broken. I tried it in IE and the 360 interactive aspect didn’t work and the gryphon was a bit of a mess.
Here’s where I’m at with it all though:
1. What the heck is my point of view supposed to be here? The most obvious idea is that I am riding the gryphon, but then I look down and I have no legs and no butt and no arms. I am floating several feet above the gryphon.
2. But then if I am not physically attached to this creature and I can clearly hover or fly, why am I only going where it goes?
3. I also don’t seem to have any limbs or extremities so I guess I am a ball.
4. A floating ball.
5. As a floating ball why do I want to be friends with this bird?
6. Maybe I am a floating ball that is also some kind of airborne remora and I am cleaning this gryphon of mites by sucking at it from a respectful distance.
7. That sounds right.
8. Maybe I should resubscribe to WoW if I can be a parasite-eating ball.
9. I hope the ball is in the movie.