Going Going Gone: Race The Sun Is Free For One Day

Zoom zoom.

That there Race the Sun [official site] is a fine game. You skim across abstract landscapes in a solar-powered vehicle, trying desperately to outrun the impending sunset while not smashing into the odd architecture like a ruddy great fool. It’s fast and exciting. I’d recommend you pay money for it, and I’ll certainly recommend you snag it for free.

To celebration the launch of an iOS version (and its new chillout DLC on PC), developers Fippfly have made Race the Sun free for one day. Head on over to Steam to nab it and it’ll be yours forever.

You have, I believe, until about 6:30pm tomorrow to grab it. You don’t even need to install it today, as long as you move quickly and register it – you can do it all in your browser, no Steam client required.

What more need I say? It’s free, it’s fun, and it looks like this:

Go get it.

1. LegendaryTeeth says:

Race the Sun is an awesome game. It’s also super fun to play with the Myo gesture control armband: link to market.myo.com

2. iambecomex says:

Simple to pick up, hard to put down, with levels that change daily to keep it always fresh. It’s probably the ’15 minute game’ of choice for me.

3. citrusninja says:

Note that you can do this even if you’re not at your gaming computer by logging into the steam website and clicking “Play Now” to reserve your copy. I just reserved my copy from work, productive day!

4. Armante says:

Thanks for the heads-up :)

5. Borodin says:

What’s more, this is your gateway to the much less frantic Sunrise DLC for £1.59

Tkrens says:

This game is worth every penny. And now it’s free so you should definitely get it. Sure it’s a bit of an arcade game but it’s lovely, exciting and fun. We could sure use more games like this that you can just jump in for a bit and have guaranteed fun.

7. Dances to Podcasts says:

I quite liked this game, but one thing I didn’t like was the fact that the daily quests (or whatever they call them) couldn’t be abandoned, so you got new ones in each slot until you ended up with a set of quests you weren’t good at and were stuck with forever. Being able to abandon them, like in Hearthstone for example, would be a good thing to add.

• Kitsunin says:

I’m pretty sure that they aren’t random, so they’re more like milestones as opposed to quests which you are expected to be consistently completing. I think eventually you will have simply completed all of them.