Killed By Death: Victor Vran Meets Motörhead

RNG's for a fools, but that's the way I like it baby.

Victor Vran [official site] is an unspectacular but fun action-RPG, says our John. Motörhead are a bitchin’ cool rock band, says me. What happens if you combine the two? I stare at my inbox muttering “Huh? Is that… huh?” that’s what. Then I sit down at my telegraph machine to compose a missive to RPS explaining that a Motörhead-themed add-on is coming to Victor Vran.

The unlikely pairing will introduce a new storyline touring landscapes inspired by the many moods of Motörhead, in the expansion named Motörhead through the Ages. I’m imagining Brütal Legend with more ladies wearing hot pants, biker caps, and bullet belts.

People say I have an over-active imagination.

Motörhead through the Ages will bring new areas, enemies, bosses, weapons, skills, and so on – you know, expansion stuff. It’ll have a “dozen tracks, partly never heard before” too. And what of the Motörhead influence? Here’s what developers Haemimont Games have to say:

“The Motörhead game will consist of new game environments that have not been seen in the original game. Traverse war-torn landscapes and cities, Wild-West-inspired landscapes and the Dark Ages Castle where the Queen of the Damned resides, all heavily inspired by and based on Motörhead`s history, lyrics and general attitude.

“Motörhead define the themes of the game as Victor faces evils relevant to our own world – religious fanatics, corrupt politicians and power-hungry oppressive rulers.”

I suppose one might also suggest that “You know I’m born to lose, and gambling’s for fools / But that’s the way I like it baby” is confessing a love for the thrills of random loot drops in action-RPGs.

The expansion is due “later this year”. I’ll need a while to get my head around the oddity of this, so I guess my question now is: can you ride a motorbike through the dungeon walls?

1. Anthile says:

Well, at least it’s not Kiss. It’s a miracle Psycho Circus escaped the Saturday Crapshoot treatment.

• brulleks says:

Oh Gods, I’d managed to wipe that game from my mind. Thanks for that.

• It's not me it's you says:

Remember Iron Maiden had a shitty on rails shooter game as well. Seemed all the rage there for a while.

• SKapsniak says:

Obligatory Blind Guardian cutscene from Sacred 2.

That and the mission to get the cut-scene, and the Blind Guardian themed loot, were pretty much the best bits of the game.

• gabrielonuris says:

I remember that I ALMOST bought Sacred 2 back at the time just because of that cutscene.

2. Barberetti says:

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling’s for fools / But that’s the way I like it baby, I just wanna loot forever!”

Sounds interesting, and I love me some Motorhead. I’m not a huge aRPG fan, but I’m going to keep an eye on this just to see how they put it all together.

3. Spacewalk says:

No sleep ’til legendary loot drops.

4. It's not me it's you says:

I’d never seen that video. Thanks Alice (Thalice!) for giving me the joy of seeing young Lemmy already looking like an old bastard.

Now I need to go and listen to some Motörhead.

5. jonahcutter says:

Going in a metal-camp direction might be just the thing for this game to carve out its own niche identity. Sure it’s derivative of Brutal Legend, but nobody is making more Brutal Legends.

• bananomgd says:

i wish they’d make a full game like the Brutal Legend demo. I really did not enjoy the strategy bits. A spectacle brawler in that universe would be awesome.