Rick And Morty Warp Into Dota 2 With Announcer Pack

Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty is a fine television show, a bit like Back to the Future reimagined as the wacky and grotesque adventures of an alcoholic genius and his fool grandson across time and space. Their latest misadventure flings them into the world of Dota 2 [official site], where they voice a new replacement announcer pack.

If you want Rick burping his way through your games and Morty freaking out over everything, you can now buy the pack for £5.35/$7.99. Come have a listen.

Adult Swim Games also turned Rick and Morty’s helpful Mr. Meeseeks into a Dota courier but while the announcer pack passed the Steam Workshop community vote, poor old Meeseeks is still stuck in limbo. Dangerous, that – little chap gets very agitated if he can’t solve problems in a timely manner.

If you want to ruin the surprises of the announcer pack – and spend 48 minutes listening to voiceover lines – you can check them all out in this video. You may not be surprised to learn Rick and Tinker were pals.

I wonder what’s going on with the SHODAN announcer pack. Last I heard, Night Dive Studios were hoping to launch it in August, though they said the kerfuffle around The International might push it to November. Along with System Shock-y wards, courier, and a HUD, they have 700+ new lines voiced by SHODAN herself, Terri Brosius.

1. gunny1993 says:

I wish I liked playing Dota, they get the best announcers

• frightlever says:

Imagine Bastion with Rick and Morty doing the voiceover.

• dontnormally says:

And then Morty picked up thraaaaarp picked up the thing and shot the other thing. No, the OTHER thing, ding dong.

• LionsPhil says:

Yeah, the Stanley Parable one seems amazing.

DIGITAL SPORTS!

• Synesthesia says:

It’s awesome, got it the instant it came out.
        One of my favourite lines:

link to hydra-media.cursecdn.com

it probably autoplays, care.

• Jonfon says:

Id never dream of switching away ftom The Stanley Parable pack. Best couple of quid ive spent on gaming in a long time. Its fantastic. Only noticed this one while watching Ti5 during the week in player perspective mode : “The enemy’s top tower just screamed and exploded for no discernible reason.”

• Banyan says:

I can’t get away from the Bastion one. The game is so stressful, I need my announcer to be wry and calm. I would probably have a heart attack if I had the pirate one.

• subedii says:

Personally I’ve always been partial to the Defense Grid 2 soundpack.

2. RedViv says:

90% of all proceeds should go to the Mr Poopy Butthole Foundation for Improvement of Physiotherapeutic Science.

• Lord_Mordja says:

I can’t believe Beth did that! It’s a good thing our good friend, Skeleton Tupac Shakur, was there to stop her from hurting anyone else. Remember that?

• Jigoku says:

Wasn’t it the moment when our dear friends of Earth Wind and Fire came to the rescue of the beloved Skeleton Tupac Shakur, and we all made a great party with the Beatles and (a tiny) Rolling Stone at the end?

3. Stevostin says:

Never heard of the show but even so it’s funny and I suspect despite the tongue in cheek it doesn’t get old much faster than the default ones.

4. Strummer Cash says:

FlubadubaDUBDUB!

5. mtomto says:

I really need a DLC that can somehow get me english speaking teammates. I only search for english games, but rarely get an all-english-speaking team.

I’d pay to not play with Russians etc… My experience hasn’t been positive. I know that I’m generalizing a bit, but most of my games with Russian speaking players haven’t been positive. So yea… I’d pay for that “feature”.

6. Monggerel says:

Look on down from the bridge
    There’s still fountains down there
    Look on down from the bridge
    It’s still raining up here

7. welverin says:

“Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty is a fine television show, a bit like Back to the Future reimagined as the wacky and grotesque adventures of an alcoholic genius and his fool grandson across time and space.”

It’s funny, but just yesterday a friend was explaining that it actually started out as a BttF parody at some film festival, but once it turned into an actual show they had to drop that.