What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

The weekend is here, the weekend is here! And it’s a long one here in England, giving some of us time to scale that extra large mountain, complete that extra large jigsaw puzzle, or drink that extra large glass of refreshing alcohol. Perhaps it might even give you enough time to finally play some of those extra large videogames. Here’s what Team RPS are playing this week. Leave your own plans in the comments below.

Adam: I’ll be playing catch-up. It’s one of my favourite games – the one that involves digging into the backlog of things that people have recommended, either because they’re interesting in and of themselves, or because they’re the sort of things that I’ll almost certainly react strongly to, one way or another. This weekend, it’s time for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. I’ve managed to build a certain level of excitement about The Phantom Pain even though I have a love-hate relationship with the series. Ground Zeroes will be the litmus test – if the experimental stealth doesn’t take my fancy in this self-contained replayable area, I’ll probably struggle to enjoy it spread across tens of hours. Fingers crossed.
Alec: I’m playing horror adventure STASIS, which I’ll tell you all about early next week. What I can say now is that an exciting Windows 10 graphics driver issue means it won’t run on my main PC just yet, so I’m running it on my laptop and using Steam home streaming to make it appear on my main PC’s big screen (it’s easier than swapping monitor cables around, which is an odd moment of futureshock). It makes my laptop’s fan run loud enough to deafen a DJ so I’m probably not having the deathly quiet, ominous experience intended. Time for some giant headphones, I guess.
Alice: I’ve hotfooted it down to The London this weekend (oh, just performed a DJ/VJ set with Cara at the V&A Museum last night, nbd), so I’ll probably be playing things on my pocket telephone and whatnot. I really should have a crack at 80 Days but Desert Golfing is so pure and beautiful it’s hard to resist when my finger’s hovering over that games folder. That, or I’ll spend my spare time in my beloved Ladies’ Pond with my beloved Pond Ladies.
Graham: I have a tip-top secret game installed on my computer and I’m looking forward to playing that, but I’ll also likely be poking around with Universe Sandbox 2. I enjoyed my time spent crashing galaxies together in the original and I’m hoping that the simulation has progressed to the point where I can hear the screams of planet earth’s citizens as I cause them to be sucked, again and again, into the sun.
John: I keep making myself promises in this weekly column, that I never keep. I did manage half an hour of Darksiders II last weekend, but I’m not sure that counts. I feel like I’m just letting myself down with these hopes, when in reality I’m going to end up spending any spare hour I get sat in a coffee shop catching up on cryptic crosswords I missed over the week. The rest of the time will be spent chasing a crawling poo-monster and doing awful things like going to supermarkets and hanging out washing and what happened to me, why can’t I be in my 20s any more, how am I nearly forty, help me someone help me.
Philippa: This weekend I will be playing the game of fitting everything I might need for a day and an evening into a tiny purse because I am attending a wedding. I really like those weird real-life games of spatial organisation, though. It’s how this was possible. It’s also why my father still helps me move house; because he knows I’ll have packed everything into modules that can be reoriented to fit into vans or car boots with ease. I’ll probably also check out some more of the Ludum Dare entries if I have a sec.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

1. Isometric says:

I’ll be playing Satellite Reign whilst I wait for MGS V and recovering from a massive rum binge

2. DompR says:

Finally got to playing all the STALKERs. Well, all the good STALKERs. Already at the NPP in SoC with decoder in tow, so it should only take an hour or so, and then its CoP: Complete time.

The pacing of SoC is magnificent. Even though you KNOW that you can take down almost everything with a clip of assault rifle fire, that fact hardly helps your mood when you’re all alone in an underground lab, just waiting for something to jump out. Just empty hallways with peeling paint, abandoned room after room, flickering lights, skeletons and anomalies, and maybe it’s all going to be emptAAARGHFUCKINVISIBLEKILLITKILLIT*clickclick*stabstabstab!

• Kaeoschassis says:

Clear Sky really is worth playing. Yes, it’s the worst of the bunch, but the worst game in a series of excellent games is still great. Admittedly it’s buggy as hell, but if you enjoy SoC as much as you seem to I’m sure that’s not a deal breaker for you.

Completely agree about SoC though. Its levels in general are brilliantly designed, and even in those rare moments where you know you’re safe, the Zone is still a wonderfully unsettling place.

• TheAngriestHobo says:

Even as the worst of the bunch, it’s not that bad, and I didn’t encounter a single bug while playing it. Plus, the faction warfare system is pretty fun. It makes you feel like part of an army more than you do in the other S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s.

• Kefren says:

Ah, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl – pure immersion! It took a while to get into it, but it clicked. I remember exploring a trainyard, knew there was _something_ sneaking around. So scared I climbed up, crept along wires. Was safe, but could still hear it, couldn’t see it. It started to get dark. I was watching, crawling, listening. Then – I fell off the wires. The utter panic, fear from the built-up tension… It was an invisible creature, I was attacked, think I only just ran away. Similar when exploring abandoned villages and houses, I know they’re nearby, watching, but hard to see. Leaves me scared to head to a doorway, they’re so fast. I end up in the open, circling, wondering what to do. I was _there_. In the zone.

• ToomuchFluffy says:

I have replayed Clear Sky with the Complete-mod a few months ago and I can only agree with the recommendation. Most people seem to just brainlessly take it for granted that Clear Sky doesn’t need to be played even though it’s pretty easy to point out a lot of flaws for all three iterations of the series.

And since people are already talking about Bloodsuckers, I want to add a little story here. In SoC I once went into the Bloodsucker-village together with a group of Loners and we encountered the usual Bloodsuckers as well as a Controller. I was used to the latter being pretty bad at using their Psy-grip attack outside of scripted encounters, but in this case it immediately focused me, so that I got pretty disoriented and started stumbling around bit before eventually dying from god only knows what. At that point my group was under attack from all sides, since a group of Mercs had arrived on the southern hill, while there were still Bloodsuckers about. The remaining loners had moved into and behind a house, as seen from where my corpse was lying (death cam). A Bloodsucker then came up in their backs and shredded most of them. There were some Sig-550-salvoes coming from off-screen which eventually killed whatever was still left after the battle. This was definitely one of the more complex and interesting A-life-battles I have ever experienced in the game.

Oh, and I have been playing a bit of Defense Grid 2 recently (got it in the recent steam-offer) and I’m planning to get back into Gothic. I have played it for about 15 hours and I’m currently venturing into Minecrawler-territory.

• Kefren says:

Yes, Clear Sky had some good moments too. It wasn’t my favourite, but once I was past the starting sections it began to feel like the STALKER experience all over again. Yet to play the third game.

3. Fuzzyaardvark says:

I will be playing Dead in Bermuda, and confirming what I already suspected…I suck at survival. 10 days in and my team are already starving, so now I am playing how much can I depress them all before their inevitable deaths.

I enjoyed the demo so much that I actually hit the buy button before I finished it. Great game.

4. lowprices says:

I’ll be using the bank holiday to finish my Ghost/Clean Hands run of Dishonored. Then I’ll play more of Volume, The Swindle (Casinotown with 62 days to go, and I’ve hit something of a brick wall) and, time permitting, Invisible Inc.

If I can’t afford a PC/console powerful enough to play MGS V then I shall play ALL OTHER STEALTH GAMES instead.

5. Kitsunin says:

Invisible Inc. and Pirate Warriors 3. The latter is definitely one of Koei Tecmo’s better ports. While it does cap at 60 fps rather than 30, it still has a few flaws. The maximum resolution is 1080p (doesn’t impact my experience) and I had to switch my controller to dinput mode for all the buttons to be recognized. Further, the graphics are apparently locked below the level of the PS4 version, but supposedly they’re gonna fix that.

Generally it’s a pretty good game. It seems better than the other recent Warriors games, the team-attack mechanic is kind of cool, the boss mechanics are little more complex I think, and I the progression system is better than usual. The movesets are more interesting too.

Since I’ve been interested in One Piece for a while, but nowhere near enough to actually watch 200 hours of a single show, it’s kind of cool to have the story synopsised.

• RimeOfTheMentalTraveller says:

Read the mango, every shonen soap’s adaptation will let you down sooner than later

• Kitsunin says:

Yeah, I certainly ought to. I’m used to manga being too expensive for my budget, but since I’ve moved to Taiwan it’s actually really cheap. It’d be a good way to force myself to improve at Chinese too.

• Kitsunin says:

Since I’ve had a fever of 37.8 for the past two days, I’ve had an excuse to throw my responsibilities aside and play like crazy. Also I found out lemon-honey-water is delicious.

My verdict on Pirate Warriors 3 is that it is very fun, saying this having found Dynasty Warriors 8 utterly dismal. Dodging is a neat change, blocking has always been somewhere between useless and annoying to use but the dodge is very handy. The biggest thing which is great is that rather than having just one normal combo chain to end on a strong attack at any point, each attack button is its own combo which essentially transitions into a combo-ending strong attack when you hit the opposite button. It feels like you have to think much more about which attacks to use based on speed, power, and positioning. All/most of the attacks on all of the characters seem pretty good too, where I recall Dynasty Warriors being full of near-useless attacks (the low hit-count strong attacks come to mind as being near-universally garbage).

6. Palimpsest says:

Arma 3 campaign has tickled my fancy this week for some reason. Not sure why I skipped the game on release but it’s pretty sweet with my new 970 and SSD. Just a shame about the AI. Also rps 25 best action games finally convinced me to download beyond good and evil, and also have satellite reign installed.

7. Headwuend says:

Hopefully lots of EVE Online in the final weekend of the Alliance Tournament. I’m flying for the Tuskers, wish us luck. :>

8. Mokey says:

MGSV on PS4, which arrived yesterday. who wants to touch me

Thulsa Hex says:

I’m playing the waiting game. V has not yet come to.

Seriously though, I have the unfortunate combination of the need to meet strict submission deadlines for freelance work while also moving house. It’s gonna be a bit rough.

I did manage a few hours of Alien: Isolation last night, however. I can’t help but marvel at those environments. They’re so beautifully convincing in their own movie-like way — I can only imagine what this game would be like with VR. Although, that would probably just give me a heart attack.

• Grim Rainbow says:

I bought Alien: Isolation but vowed not to play it until consumer VR is released, for this very reason.

10. AriochRN says:

Bit of Project Eden on my laptop (nice to see it made the list the other day, best pseudo-MegaCity1 TekJudge game ever!), benchmarks of ArmA3 & GTA5 on my desktop once Win10 has finished installing, but mainly continuing my Destiny Quest Vol 1 gamebook. I’ve not played any gamebooks since the late 80’s (I think Freeway Fighter was the last FF I bought) and I’ve really been bitten by them – I’ve just got all six original Fabled Lands books from eBay (only found out about them recently) and they look *really* swish.

11. Chaoslord AJ says:

Minecraft, exploring the Mystcraft Mod, switching to Diablo3, big patch, new season.
    Also Tap Titans on Android, it’s so bloody addictive I can’t tell you.

12. sillythings says:

I just bought Life is Strange. And I still have The Witcher 3 to finish (currently gathering people to come to Kaer Morhen). And honestly, there’s a whole bunch of games that look very appealing to me right now.

But after two months of my fianceé visiting me (I live in Austria, she lives in America) and our gaming diet consisting mainly out of Spelunky, The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Never Alone and various other coop-friendly games (though she did play The Witcher 3 a bunch while I worked), I am turning to exactly that now that she left again earlier this week (for what hopefully has been our penultimate if not last goodbye before she permanently moves here). It’s comfort gaming in the first place, and it makes me think of her, so yes. Spelunky. Lots of Spelunky.

I’ve been pulling tons of awesome moves that I wish she could have seen. I’ve also died a lot and been very angry at the game. And I have been thinking about the differences between Spelunky and Isaac and how in those silly “You can only play one game until the rest of your life” scenarios, I would probably choose Spelunky.

• TheAngriestHobo says:

Without being too spoilery, there’s still plenty more game after the battle of Kaer Morhen. :)

• sillythings says:

Ha, that’s good to know! What I’ve been wondering if doing some more side quests will also open up more options for which characters I can recruit? Not that it seems like I have any major sidequests left at the moment, but I’m still curious.

13. Freud says:

Heroes of the Storm. It’s a fantastic game and Blizzard seems to have managed to keep the toxicity to a tolerable level. Dota 2 and League of Legends are armpits in comparison.

14. caff says:

Mount and Blade Warband. It’s free on Steam this weekend.

15. Henson says:

Finishing up I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, just have Nimdok left. I think Gorrister has been the most satisfying so far.

Also continuing my losing streak in DOTA 2. Teammates pick four carries, just what do you think is going to happen?

16. Bashmet says:

Played Satellite Reign for about 30 minutes before realizing that I really should be playing Shadowrun again.

• Ace Rimmer says:

Backed Satelite Reign on KS, but gthat will have to wait till I can afford a hardware upgrade. In the meantime I still have Shadowrun: Hong Kong to finish. The latest version (3.0.5) ironed out a lot of the bugs (and 3.0.6 – currently in beta – should sort most of the remainder). Still not crazy about the new matrix gameplay or the general gloominess of story and setting, but there’s still a lot in there to enjoy.

The linux distribution via humble is a bit of a mess, though, so stick with Steam (or possibly GoG) if you have the option.

particlese says:

I finally made my way to TES(C)O’s Black Marsh last night after a week’s break from the game. It’s not as thrilling to wander around with a level-18 character as Skyrim was (level ~25 stuff at the entrance rather than ~42), but it gets nostalgia points for looking a bit like the Bitter Coast region from Morrowind (the game). A friend keeps enthusing about PvP in TESO, and it does sound like my bag (a rare thing for PvP), so I’ll probably try it out this evening.

Otherwise, Skyrim’s Dragonborn DLC is still waiting patiently for me to start it in earnest, so I’ll probably fiddle with photos from last weekend’s hiking trip instead.

18. trn says:

Satellite Reign. I have many fond memories of playing Syndicate Wars in the late ’90s and having spent the last two hours playing SR I am happy that it has the spirit of SW but with many of the modern gaming perks we softies enjoy – like liberal autosaves, clear tactile interfaces and the cars don’t kill you if you walk into the road. What I’m enjoying most is the way you explore the open world. As you wander around hacking ATMs a series of missions present themselves to you: infiltrate a bank; infiltrate a security compound; infiltrate a robotics warehouse… but the game doesn’t give any indication how or when you should tackle these ‘quests’. You have to go to the bank, explore the surroundings, try to figure a way in, before establishing you probably aren’t leveled enough yet. It is a very satisfying spin on the open world formula of a Ubisoft game.

Also: Nuclear Throne. But then this isn’t really a game, so much a part of my daily routine as unmissable as the morning coffee.

19. mashkeyboardgetusername says:

Seeing if that Ark Dino game runs at all decently on my machine, and if it does I’ll be trying that out.

If not probably yet more Attila. It’s getting silly now.

20. Pizzacheeks McFroogleburgher says:

I’m playing the number 1 pc action game!

21. Cyrus says:

I’m going for a safe choice, civilization v.

22. Pink Gregory says:

Don’t worry John, that’s what my weekends are like – and I’m under 25 and childless.

Basically what I’m trying to say is that some of us never learned how to live beyond this.

23. goettel says:

Finished the Witcher 3 main quest this week, and found the sea of question marks left behind less attractive than I had expected – hoped for, even. Free Mount & Blade? I’m in.

24. plugav says:

I don’t know, actually. I’ve just finished Shadowrun Hong Kong this morning. I really love the game. Yes, there are few tutorials and many bugs, and the reading-to-doing ratio was probably better in Dragonfall, but the stories it tells are some of the best cyberpunk I’ve experienced in any medium. (Event though it’s technically urban fantasy.) And so different from any other RPG I’ve played.

25. tsff22 says:

My friend gifted me the Shadow of Mordor bundle from Bundlestars, and I’m having a blast with it so far, outside of struggling with Hirgon’s poioson the grog quest because stealth is NOT my strong suit.

Will also restart D3 and work on seeing how far I can get in Grim Dawn before the next build.

• Ex Lion Tamer says:

I played through Shadow of Mordor for the first time over the last few weeks. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. The thrill of having a captain you thought you’d killed pop back up is wonderful, as is the almost arborist-like role you play in managing the orcs. At first I thought it was predatory, but it’s far too calculated when you’re doing it well.

(My biggest complaint, since stealth is probably my strongest of many weak gaming links, is that it was a bit too easy – but I could have resolved that myself by turning off some of the combat prompts.)

26. Cardinal says:

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East, very slowly

• ExitDose says:

I don’t think it’s possible to play that game in a quick manner.

27. TheAngriestHobo says:

I caved in to my baser impulses last night and spent a ridiculous amount of money on Far Cry 4. I’ve only played it for a few hours and I’ve already crashed my hang glider into a tree, panicked and accidentally bailed out of a gyrocopter at 1200′ above the ground, and had an eagle drop a pig on me during a firefight. I love this game.

• ToomuchFluffy says:

I completely understand. I only barely resisted finally getting Pillars of Eternity. There simply is no point for me in getting it now. Just 33 % off shouldn’t change that, because when am I actually going to play that kind of 80-hour game?!? It’s not like I don’t have a massive backlog, which also includes far too many big RPGs.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Helping to move a friend who is possibly the only person in the world who could tear me away from the release of Phantom Pain. Well done!

Alice, if you are looking for some good quality pocket-o-gaming try out Pac-Man 256.

29. Laurentius says:

I can’t break the spell, so it will be as for like forever Witcher3, GTA5 and FTL.

30. Ejia says:

Nier. Also The Sims 4, because I have that house building itch again. Sadly I have not managed to find out how to plop empty lots everywhere, so I can’t make many.

31. Retne says:

I’m still playing the expansion to Microsoft Word: Get your bloody dissertation finished and why did you start writing up so late?

After Friday I will reinstall and pay for Planetside 2 (hoping to finally join up with some funky RPS folks if you’re all still out playing it), and also play Her Story

• Retne says:

Actually, who am I kidding? Staying on topic about _this_ weekend I’ll also undoubtedly play Mini Metro as I reward myself for writing three words. Or two words. Or even just thinking hard about writing words.
      That counts, eh?
      EH, examiners?

please.

32. Capt. Bumchum McMerryweather says:

Super secret tip top game?! I’m looking forward to the MGS 5 review on Monday morning, Graham :)

I will be playing DmC, because wheeeee! And I’ve finished all my other games, so DmC seems like the best option to pass the time into MGSV as quickly as possible.

33. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Trying to get over a recent Foot-to-ball manager addiction (playing it solidly til I’m bored is the only cure), and finally playing a Metal Gear Solid game for the first time since playing half of MGS1 on an PS1 emulator about 10 years ago. Am doing an Adam and trying out Ground Zeroes as a taste test for the really rather wonderful looking MGS5:Phantom Pain. Love a good stealth game, so I have high hopes.

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

And the Ground Zeroes verdict is…: Superb. Where did this systems based, improvisational, sandbox, tactical, stealth game come from!? The bloated extended cutscene of the MGS franchise?! How I hardly knew ye. Loving this, I even love that there’s only one location replayed with different objectives. Reminds me of the good old days when a single game demo would keep me entertained for a whole weekend, replaying that one level with my only achievement-like sub-objectives. Think the Phantom Pain has just been bumped up to pre-order status. Anywhere selling it for sub-£30?

34. Kefren says:

Gave up on Witcher 3 last night. It left me grumbling more than smiling.

Played a bit of Contagion (single player).

The rest of the weekend: HOMM2 (as usual – no surprise, it is the perfect game).
    I really felt like some post-apocalyptic shooting (I watched Terminator Salvation last night – awful film, but left me with an itch – probably the fleas in my sofa) so I installed Rage and will have a go at that.

35. Pink Gregory says:

On something of a Ground Zeroes/Dark Souls treadmill; trying to find all the tapes with the former, just reached Anor Londo with the latter. Naturally Phantom Pain next week, will be avoiding the internet for a while.

Picked up Cook, Serve, Delicious! on the Humble Store and boy that’s intense but nonetheless fascinating. I appreciate how the menu is limited to four items in each day, as it’s a reasonable set of different hotkeys to learn.

36. rahji says:

Still on my second playthrough of witcher 3 on deathmarch and now it s getting better and better. At the moment i am playing the main quest in novigrad. On my first playthrough i found the storyline in novigrad not bad but not as exciting as the storyline in velen. Now it is the other way round. I just love the underground boss and crime feeling and the city as a whole. Now i appreciate the contrast between novigrad and velen.

hearthstone is also a dangerous time sink. Not long ago i realized that the game is not only based on luck and having better cards, but also a great deal of stragegic play. Something like poker i think. So now i spend my time mostly in the arena where i think i am doing quite decent considering the fact that i can play an arena almost every day.

Serrit says:

Started Valkyria Chronicles last night, and am enjoying it so far. I’ve not really played many Japanese style games before so it took a little while to get used to the style and occasional twee-ness, but I’m hooked now.

38. malkav11 says:

I have all the same game priorities I did last weekend, having accomplished almost nothing due to a lovely bout of illness (some sort of horrible cold, I think), but I’m not sure I’ll get to any of them. You see, there’s just been a great big Diablo III patch and a new season in it to boot. It’s a game that’s repeatedly failed to hold me in the long term way that Marvel Heroes has done, but they’ve made a number of major tweaks to the formula now and I’ve finally managed to get the gear spigot open a little wider, so my Witch Doctor finally has a full array of legendaries and two glorious class set items (which make the Fetish Army a permanent summon instead of a drastically time-limited one, thus making everything melt in seconds at Torment 1). And Nephalem Rifts are no longer an exhaustible resource. As such, it’s likely to hold my attention for much of the weekend. Any other time might well be sunk into Hacknet, which I purchased on Thursday and which is a lovely, lovely sort-of-authentic-feeling-but-not-actually-that-arcane approach to the hacking sim. Haven’t liked one this much (or gotten into any at all, really) since Uplink.

39. liquidsoap89 says:

The Witcher 3 infinite time wheel rolls on. I finally feel like things are progressing (we’ve just discussed our “last stand” moment so to speak) so maybe I can finish it this weekend. If I do then I’ll be off my PC for a while playing previous MGS games in preparation for The Phantom Pain, and possibly a campy horror game on my PS4. Unless I feel like finishing The Wolf Among Us first, which is quite likely!

40. derbefrier says:

Star citizen. the social module released last night. Gonna go explore Arc corp and then maybe a little dogfighting.

41. Cryio says:

I finally, finally got around to playing Assassin’s Creed Black Flag. Since I finished Mass Effect 3 recently and Assassin’s Creed Liberation this year, I thought I should take a pause on RPGs (Witcher 3 is intimidating) and I should resume with better ACs.

Loved AC3, was totally meh at Liberation. Let’s see if AC4 is a better game.

42. Arthur ASCII says:

MGS V The Phantom Pregnancy. Or was it Toilet Paper Protocol? Trans Pacific Partnership? Actually no, just the lovely Brigmore Witches Dishonored DLC for me this weekend. Maybe next weekend I’ll start getting my hands dirty with TPP proper. Ooh err, missus! Toodle PiP, Pip & Co and have a lovely wedding!

Andy_Panthro says:

Busy most of the weekend, but hoping to get a bit of Dark Souls in on Monday. Just entered Sen’s fortress after ringing the 2nd bell.

44. Scrape Wander says:

Played a few hours of Until Dawn last night with my SO after podcasting, and it was really entertaining, amusing, and surprisingly well written. I really love genre exercises when they’re done well, with copious attention, and this one seems no different. Only thing is, it’s best played at night.

I just played a bout of Nuclear Throne after not having played it IN AGES AND AGES, and it’s better, bigger, and bolder than it’s ever been.

My SO is absolutely consumed in beating Party Hard, she’s almost done.

45. NomadSoul says:

Going to finishing up Darksiders and moving on to number 2. I hope it’s better than the first, after all the hype the first game is kind of a let down. I’m also toying with picking up Anachronox as it’s a game I feel like I should have played but still haven’t :(

• Vacuity729 says:

I got partway through the first and just… stopped. I’ve never gone back to finish it. Not only that, but I think my save game got eaten somewhere in an OS reinstall, so I’d have to restart the game from the beginning and that prospect fills me with dismay, not joy.

46. Minglefingler says:

Finishing my first game of Galactic Civilisations III, it’s down to me (Altarian) and the Yor who declared war just after they’d wiped out the Thalan. I’d been quietly supporting the Thalan with free technologies with the aim of keeping them on life support long enough to let me pursue other avenues of victory. I see current the war ending in a stalemate at best, their ships are better armoured than mine whilst I far outstrip them for firepower, unfortunately their fleet is twice the size of mine and I have no money to build any invasion ships for planets that I can conquer which prevents me from usurping them as the most powerful faction and hanging on for a turn victory. Ah well, at least I’ve cured myself of my Drengin problem.
    Satellite Reign and Xcom will likely feature at some point too.

47. Vacuity729 says:

I picked up Hand of Fate (with DLC) on sale today as I’ve been eyeing it for a long time.

I figured I’d give it a wee, tiny try before going to bed. That was almost four hours ago. I’m really struggling with the prospect of going to bed rather than just restarting and playing some more.

48. Jediben says:

Beloved Ladies’ Pond? Keep that sort of filthy euphemism to yourself please. (Retches)

49. ffordesoon says:

I’m playing Let’s Wait For MGSV To Unlock like everyone else. Probably play a bit of ultra-modded Morrowind if I can stand the constant thread of CTDs. Any tips on reducing those if you’ve got the Morrowind Graphics Overhaul package and some other mods and Windows 10 (I don’t know how much that has to do with it but it feels like it’s probably got something to do with it)? Also, any advice on doing well in Morrowind, since I’m still feeling my way around?

If I can’t be arsed to faff around with Morrowind, some Rocket League should do the trick for me. Simple, beautiful, doesn’t-force-you-to-sort-the-load-order Rocket League. What a game.

Also, I may try continuing my Witcher 2 playthrough on Easy, because I just want to get to Witcher 3 and kind of don’t give a shit about it being a challenge to do so anymore.

And I need to return to PoE now it’s got all them shiny new features and the expansion and such.

But the only thing I really want to do is slide down a sand dune on a cardboard box with a be-eyepatched wolf by my side. Because Kojima.

50. Vesperan says:

Europa Universalis IV with Common Sense DLC and…

Pools of Radiance/Curse of the Azure Bonds hopefully!