Later There’s Running And Screaming: Soma’s Enemies

If you’re planning to play Soma [official site], the new terrible dreadful horror game from Amnesia creators Frictional Games, probably don’t watch this new trailer. It shows a lot of the nasties you’ll encounter in that dreadful seabase, and removes some of the power they’ll hold over you if you encounter for the first time in-game.

If, like me, you are fascinated by the terrible things clearly afoot in Soma but know you’re a colossal babby about horror games (despite being tough as nails and sharper than knives in every other respect, of course) and will probably never play much of it, hey, this trailer is pretty cool.

The game’s launching later this month, so you don’t have much longer to wait. If you’re planning to play at launch, go on, just wait a bit, don’t watch this. It’ll be out for Windows, Mac, and Linux on September 22nd, sold through Steam and GOG.

For my fellow babbies (but not spoiler-avoiding folks), you might also want to check out Adam’s impressions based on the first third of the game, and this recent trailer showing a few environments I have no intention of ever entering:

1. Jockie says:

“…know you’re a colossal babby about horror games (despite being tough as nails and sharper than knives in every other respect, of course).”

Yeah, put this game on this list of ‘games I would play if I wasn’t a pathetic coward’.

2. Text_Fish says:

Here’s hoping this is the game Bioshock should have been. :D

3. kael13 says:

Well.. This should be fun to watch Day9 play this Halloween.

• Serenegoose says:

Man moooooooooooode!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RagingLion says:

Personally, I plan on watching a guy called Coestar. I’ve had this planned out in my mind for a while with Soma.

I’ve said this before, but if there was a way to watch someone play this game that I’d never play myself and pay Frictional money a few quid, I would.

heretic says:

This looks rather good! Nice environments and creepy things roaming around.

Not sure I will be able to play it though, although I finished Alien Isolation and found it amazing, it was one of the most stressful experiences ever for me… not likely to repeat for a while.

5. Jalan says:

Looks great but it’s hard not to be hit with a sensation of déjà vu.

Spot something horrific
    vision garbles
    bolt in an opposite direction as a stinger cue blares and panic floods over you

6. Nereus says: