What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

The high ends of the MGS tech tree.

The weekend is upon us, ready thyself! I’ve probably linked that before, but stuff it – it’s a good way to start any weekend. Me, I’ll spend a lot of this weekend seeking a new place to swim outdoors (had a nice swim a reservoir last weekend, but it’s not quite right), but also video games. Lots of video games. Lots of video game. Here’s what we’re playing this weekend, and what about you?

All those silent are assumed to be playing Metal Gear, because that’s what I’d having them doing if I were a hive mind with bodies to spare.

Alec: I’m playing MGSV. Obviously I’m playing MGSV. Why would I play anything else? It’s the game of forever, or at least that’s what I’m saying this week. Honestly, I haven’t been this in love with a game for a long, long time. It’s everything Assassin’s Creed and Batman and Mordor and Far Cry and all that stuff try to do, but without that nagging sense of time-wasting or compulsive completism. I am playing. Playing! Making things happen and seeing what happens. It’s constantly funny. It’s constantly dramatic. Sometimes it’s hugely, infuriatingly, tiresomely exploitative. But mostly it’s exactly what I want. I even have a petting zoo now. I’m so into this I might even pick up Peace Walker for my long-neglected Vita. But then that would interfere with playing MGSV. Hmm.
Alice: Alice, you know I’m playing Metal Gear Solid, so why are you even asking? I’ve reached the point where me and my buddy can tranq and Fulton entire bases without breaking a sweat, exhaust whole regions of conscious soldiers, and get back home untouched but covered in other people’s blood. Maybe now we can handle some of the tricker boss fights and missions in ways other than running away.

I will also be checking in on Viridi to water my succulents because, though I really dislike how microtransactions affect a game that could be chill and calming and a break from this exciting world of commerce, I planted a pot a month ago and am a big old green-thumbed fool who hates even virtual plants dying.

Graham: I’m off work for the back half of this week so writing this in advance, but I already know what I’ll be playing this weekend: more Phantom Pain. Since last Saturday I’ve sunk more hours into it, completing more missions, unlocking new parts of Mother Base, and finally downloading my Ground Zeroes saves so that Kojima is now a member of my team. As all the reviews said, the story is far thinner than in any other MGS game – which is a good thing in many ways, but I do find myself wishing I had more people to talk to when I head back to base. Or that Big Boss said more than three lines during the first twenty hours of the game.

Philippa: I think John has already made this confession but here’s my version: I don’t think I’ve ever actually played the game I’ve said I was going to play in this column. Having realised that I’m struggling to stick to a feasible choice. I could say anything. ANYTHING! Like, I’m going to play a live action version of Doom. Or I’m going to play all of Skyrim again in just 4 hours and then eat frittatas. Or I’m going to try Metal Gear again. I guess let’s go with the latter, although I’m going to Google live-action Doom in case it’s an option for next weekend.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

Carra says:

Started playing Life is Strange and I’m really liking it so far, the protagonist is just so relatable. On to episode 3!

2. rahji says:

Silent Hill 4

I visit my parents this weekend where i dig up my old PS2. The savegame is about half a year old but i like way you can play the game. You go to one area, then back into your room. This scheme repeats itself until…I don’t really know. But with this play style it is ok to have long breaks.

Other than that: Hearthstone und Witcher 3. Until next week I will probably reach Skellige!

• Michael Fogg says:

I visit my parents and play a bit of Fallout 3 on the old 360. Maybe I’ll be done with it around Xmas.

3. Awesomeclaw says:

More MGS5ing for me too. The more I play this game, the more I see that it really is a bigger, better Peace Walker.

• Awesomeclaw says:

By the way the story definitely picks up later on. Also I think the fact that they have the cassette tapes instead of codec calls every 5 minutes kind of hides how much story and backstory there is in this game.

• Kitsunin says:

I really dig the whole cassette system. Choosing to get exposited at during a spot of boring travel, or when you have to redo a bit because of some infuriating death, makes the experience far less tedious. Considering how fond of exposition MGS games usually are, it’s a far more constructive use of the fluff.

• CallMeIshmael says:

God, finally some people who aren’t ragging on the story or the cassette system. I’m a huge old-school MGS fan – my first was MGS2 – and even I skip most of the cutscenes on subsequent playthroughs to get back to the meat of the game. I only really watch the cutscenes when I need a refresher on story details. Having most of that stuff now available on-demand in the form of cassette tapes means it’s going to be easier to keep track of Phantom Pain’s narrative than any other MGS game, for me – and boy do I need to keep track of it, because there’s some STUFF going on in this game.

4. JustAchaP says:

Played some Project Reality. Finally for a couple of good matches in.

5. mcwizardry says:

I want to try Grow Home this weekend.

6. Csirke says:

Big Pharma! It’s the logic puzzle of setting up conveyor belts into an effective machine, but in a way that I enjoy! And I usually don’t even like management sims.

I don’t even know why I like it so much, it’s a bit compulsive, gotta get every cure just perfect. I’d love to see a review on the site, although it did get some coverage already.

7. SuicideKing says:

Race the Sun, Arma 3, maybe some Wargame: Red Dragon.

• TheAngriestHobo says:

Race the Sun was really a surprise success of 2015, if you ask me. I picked it up for free during one of their promotional events (thanks, RPS!) and have been coming back to it ever since. I like that it somehow manages to be intense and contemplative at the same time. Plus, it’s a great way to kill five minutes.

• Baron Bacon V says:

Actually, I just picked up Boson X ($0.29 USD on Steam right now!), I am actually enjoying it far more than Race the Sun. I generally just feel like it is a much more polished 3d, speedy endless runner (with a LOT more content). I would heartily recommend it (esp for $0.29 USD).

8. PDiggity says:

I’m going to play some Pillars of Eternity! I just got it after playing Baldurs Gate for a third time, and I’m really loving it.

9. welverin says:

There is only one thing to play: MGS5.

Though that has so preoccupied me, I haven’t been doing contracts in TF2, so I’ll need to do a couple of them this weekend so I don’t get too far behind.

10. dangermouse76 says:

Minecraft. I am on a island with no pigs, cows, or chickens,The rabbits pretty good and so is the bread but I need a change. Which means building a tunnel out to and island about 200-300 blocks away under water and then coaxing a farm load of animals down it.

I just drowned, fuck it I’m off to eat some real food and to contemplate what the hell I’m doing with my life.

• Rob Lang says:

I’m slowly digging out the space underneath a glass bottom lake. It started off as a side project and now it’s turned into a just-one-more-block mega project. I’ve used up all my stored tnt, so it’s diamond picks all the way.

Once I’ve completed, I’ll have to use my imagination again. Vanilla Minecraft can be cruel like that.

• dangermouse76 says:

What I’d give for a diamond pick right now.

Incidently a friend of mine had a whole house built under a glass ceiling lake. Very impressive.

11. Wulfram says:

Dragon Age Inquisition. The new DLC is really awesome, at least if you’re into the setting, story and characters of Dragon Age. Though it also needs a patch, so after running through it once, I’m back to playing the main game, with some added modes from the DLC that add a little more challenge.

• Silith321 says:

That’s what I’m playing too! I played through the DLC during the week and now I’m back to replaying the base game so that I can replay the DLC with different choices. It feels like a mini-Expansion because it adds a lot of stuff to the base game as well. DA:I is much different game now than a year ago. At this rate it seems all I will ever play is DA:I…

12. Minglefingler says:

I downloaded Saints Row 4 yesterday with aiming to giving it a quick go with a view to purchasing it whilst it’s on sale. The problem is that every time I try to launch it I find myself in Afghanistan with a dog for company. I’m 35 hours into Metal Gear which I thought was excessive as I do remember having a job in the foggy real world. I was reassured though when I noticed that certain people (i.e. anyone that owns Metal Gear) on my Steam friend list have logged twice that amount of time.

13. technivore says:

Arma 3! I just finished the campaign last night and have a bunch of SP missions downloaded from the workshop waiting for me. I know I should be playing MP to get the real Arma experience but my schedule is just not conducive to that, sadly.

Also a bit of Don’t Starve on iPad when I can’t squeeze in a long Arma session.

14. melnificent says:

Ark Survival evolved. It generally goes okay until a raptor turns up to eat my face off.

Ridiculous Human says:

Live action Doom (or close enough): link to youtube.com

• TheAngriestHobo says:

I heard about this. It’s a fun reminder that not people can be awesome. I’m still not touching chatroulette, though.

Also, we have a live-action Doom league that plays in the park on Tuesday evenings. BYOBFG.

16. Sorbicol says:

XCOM the long war mod. My first attempt chewed me up and spat me out with some contempt (seriously. I had a mission with 8 Mectoids in it) but this one feels a little smoother. That said I seriously doubt I’ll get through this attempt either. I suspect I might have met my match.

• Horg says:

8 Mectoids sounds like the aliens resource gathering was going too well for them. Generally that’s a sign that your air game has failed, as the aliens get resources primarily from the scouting / harvesting missions. To alleviate that, I strongly recommend new players take a starting country with an air game bonus tech, either the aim bonus or the advanced repair bonus. Also invest heavily in air weapons, rushing up to Advanced Beam research and loading up on interceptor lazer guns is a massive help. A better air game will slow the aliens tech and limit how much they can throw at you on any given mission, as well as give you more shoot down runs for training and resource gathering.

Alternatively you might have just been ambushed. Landed UFOs sometimes spawn with insanely large pods of tough aliens. These missions can be beaten, but are balanced to be significantly harder than any other mission type and are designed to cause some casualties in your roster. You do not want to give the aliens any dead or dying soldiers, they get a huge research boost from them. The best option when hit by an ambush is often just to run away. You can abandon a mission every now and then without creating problems with global panic.

• Sorbicol says:

Yes it was my penultimate mission that one – it was the one on the dam from the progeny mission pack – the next the aliens invade my base and despite 5 attempts to get through it I kept dying inside about 5 turns. Gave up at that point. I figured that I’d got the air war all wrong but the aircraft repair times are just insane (I had 3 interceptors on 50+ day repair cycles) so it’s very hard to judge. Especially when sometimes you’d send up an interceptor that doesn’t hit the UFO once. Clearly I need to concentrate on that a bit more.

Thanks for the tips. Probably the most useful stuff I read about the long war since I started playing it!

• ToomuchFluffy says:

X-Com is currently on offer and I have been thinking about getting it. My problem is that I couldn’t really get invested in Jagged Alliance 2, which seems to be roughly comparable. I would be thankful, if some of you could maybe describe, why someone who isn’t all that big of a fan of turn-based tactics games, should still get it.

• Horg says:

If you don’t like TBT games then you probably wont like XCOM. That said, it’s a much lighter game than JA2 in just about every way. If the complexity was putting you off, trying XCOM while it’s still free wont hurt. XCOM does have a nice aesthetic, and despite its many flaws its still a satisfying experience.

17. Stepout says:

Pillars of Eternity. Just started playing recently. The more I figure out how the game works, the more I can’t stop playing it.

18. Drunk Si says:

MGS, although I think I’ll actually be revisiting Ground Zeroes before I go back on to Phantom Pain, and Rocket League. Had some really intense RL games lately and have even made some new Steam friends playing solo duels that have gone on to be my doubles partners! Great stuff.

Andy_Panthro says:

MGS5 and Dark Souls.

I think I’m reaching my limit with DS, I’ve got the Lordvessel but I’m finding things are getting increasingly difficult. I think I might have levelled up inexpertly, and unfortunately there’s no way to get around that.

• Vandelay says:

Been right there with you with Dark Souls. I battled on though and managed to get through the brick wall that follows getting the Lord Vessel. Where exactly are you struggling?

I have managed to reach final boss battle of the DLC and the final boss battle of the game proper. Neither of which I seem to be able to get particular far with. Manus is going better, but normally annihilates me once he pulls out the magic and I fuck up with the pendant. Gwyn I can get a few hits on, but not really getting too far.

Giving it a bit of break for the moment though and been playing Infinifactory which is really lovely little puzzle game.

Andy_Panthro says:

Tried to kill Sif, and failed. Tried to kill the Stray Demon (back at the Asylum) and failed. My next options are Seath the Scaleless, Gravelord Nito or into the painting. None seem very appealing.

I did get through part of the Duke’s Archives, but stopped at the first fog gate. Glad I did, because otherwise would have died and lost many souls (although I managed to lose them later…).

I also drained the water from New Londo Ruins, but haven’t ventured further down. None of it is very appealing really, I don’t mind the normal enemies but the bosses are just so awful it really destroys my will to keep playing.

Switched to a bit of Rocket League to relax, and now playing MGS5 (although it just crashed, seems even consoles aren’t immune to that).

• Mirabel says:

ah, the souls games. never have i experienced despair like i have trapped deep below the ground, cursed and broken. i think i gave up DS for about a month before i managed to get over it’s psychological oppression and found the strength to continue on against the adversity of having no gear, no health and no idea how to get back home.
          you’re almost done, don’t give in!

• Vandelay says:

I wouldn’t worry too much about the Stray Demon. Returning to the Asylum is only really useful to get the item that let’s you enter the painting in Anor Londo, which is an optional area.

Sif is a fairly doable boss battle, which will lead you to the Four Kings. They are a pretty horrific fight though, so no need to defeat Sif right away if you don’t want to, but it might feel like you have accomplished something good by finishing him off.

Continuing in the Duke’s Archives might not be a bad idea. There are some nasty foes, but it should be reasonably achievable. Make sure you have some good curse resistance for the fight against Seath.

The main difficulty when facing Nito is the other skeletons around him. As long as you don’t agro the big guys though, he isn’t too bad. Getting through the Tomb of Giants is horrid though.

One place you didn’t mention is Lost Izalith. If you have not been there, it is accessed through the Daughter of Chaos bonfire. The boss there is tricky, but is about dodging rather than doing lots of damage or having the right resistance, so your weapon and levels are not so relevant. As long as you have something with a fast attack to destroy some branches, you should be fine.

Andy_Panthro says:

I think I just need a rest from it, but my worry is that if I don’t play it for a while I’ll lose some of the skill/timing (which I’m not very good at anyway), and also just lose the will to continue playing at all.

I really like the game, but hate the boss fights. It reinforces me dislike for boss fights in general. I feel like I’ve made a good general build for most of the game, but the bosses are a puzzle that I can rarely figure out. Even when I think I know how to approach a boss, actually beating it is another matter again. Too often a single mistake is enough to get killed.

• Alice O'Connor says:

The secret to Gwyn is you totally can parry/riposte him, and his attacks tend to have clear windups.

• Vandelay says:

Hadn’t actually tried to parry him. I seriously, seriously suck at timing them, so never bother. I’ll give it a go though.

zinzan says:

Lots of my Combat Mission PBEM games, possible some Shadowrun returns.

21. klops says:

Unmodded XCOM: EW, which in normal seems too easy but still it’s pretty great. If I could only get the satellite-game off and add a liiitle bit more difficulty and perhaps lenght. Long war is too long.
    Also the indie-rpg Age of Decadence, which is now playable from beginning to finish after 120 years of development time, and officially released the next month or so. It’s also pretty great.

teije says:

I think you meant 120 months of development time :). Although to those of who’ve been following Age of Decadence with interest, it has seemed like 120 years. I played the demo 3 years ago IIRC – looking forward to this now that’s its done.

Jiblet says:

Drowning myself in the neon drench of Satellite Reign.
    That and I’m horribly tempted to play some Battlefield 4 for some reason. Perhaps I’ll have a lie down and wait for that to pass.

pertusaria says:

I’ll be messing around in Mario Maker, and may find time to play other things around the edges if the weather stays mediocre.

24. TheAngriestHobo says:

Oddly, Starbound, which I picked up again last night after not playing for almost a year. I finally managed to beat the first boss, and the game really opens up after that. With the upgradeable ships, colonization system, and improved combat and world gen, it feels like a whole different game. It doesn’t happen often, but it’s nice to return to an early-access game I was ambivalent about and find that it’s vastly improved.

Probably also some Distant Worlds: Universe, because I like watching the trade ships do their thang.

25. Geebs says:

Afghan Wildlife Abduction Simulator: Bearlift

26. horsemedic says:

Just finished the first Africa mission in MGS5 and my enthusiasm is falling off hard. Nearly every mission falls into one of two molds: I either methodically knock out and Fulton every guard in the level, or I get spotted and murder everyone in the level. Neither scenario is particularly hard unless I get impatient, which I often do neither is all that interesting. The topology and buildings and enemy mixes in each mission barely even matter because the experience always plays out so same-y. Mother base is simply an over-large slog of nothing. My equipment is still pretty low level but whenever I look at the development options the tiny stat upgrades don’t seem worth the money, so I pour my economy into base expansions I don’t really need either. And I’m getting very tired of having to endure a 60-second-plus cut scene of dirt flowing past my cone of vision every time I want to dive into a new mission.

I suppose I should be playing more creatively (ie, stupidly) but I’m the type of guy that wants a game to hold my interest while forcing me to play my very best—which in MGS means knocking people out and ballooning them into the sky. Hopefully the game offers up some new mechanics soon. It was really great for a while.

• popej says:

I’m pretty similar to you, dark souls and bloodborne have spoilt me and spoilt every other game for me. I constantly yearn for a similar challenge now. That means I’m playing MGS5 pretty much like you, always non lethally if I can. It does get pretty tedious after a while.

I guess that’s my own failing rather than the games. Can’t help but think it’d be far too easy going all guns blazing though.

Oh well.

• horsemedic says:

Dark Souls, now that I think of it, may be the last AAA title that held my interest to the end. The premium in the big studio gaming world these days seems to be on creative systems, rather than a satisfying challenge.

• Kitsunin says:

It pretty much starts getting more interesting (for a while, at least) right where you are. D Dog and D Walker both show up, with D Dog augmenting your typical stealthing really nicely, while D Walker offers an aggressive, but still potentially stealthy/nonlethal approach.

• horsemedic says:

I’ve had D-Dog for a while, and find he mostly just makes the binoculars less useful. Haven’t tried out the D-Walker yet but I’ll give her a spin.

• Kitsunin says:

Hm. I found D Dog made stealth a lot more fun myself. Scouting was somewhat tedious (having to zoom in on each individual person and then hold over them for a second to mark them mostly, ugh…) and being able to tell him to kill people in obnoxious positions, or help to silently assault a group meant the experience flowed a lot better.

Something to consider is that the game doesn’t really force or even encourage you to be entirely nonlethal — as long as you move fast and silent, you can still get an S rank even if you kill a lot.

• Jediben says:

I’ve found D Dog’s “Get em” command the most handy thing he does. I can set him on an isolated or pair of guards and then come running out full pelt to smash them in the face with the bionic arm.

27. aleander says:

Nothing. Steam is down. Send help.

28. suibhne says:

Dying Light, which I finally found on sale(-ish). I keep thinking, “Why has nobody made this game before now!?” Yes, it’s a bit of a slog later, as your Survivor points rank up and the world gets clogged with special infected…and sure, the XP loss on death is outrageous when you routinely die due to the grappling hook bugging out. But c’mon, the game’s a blast.

29. lowprices says:

Busy weekend, so mostly I’ll be playing VVVVVV, Alphabear and Skulls of the Shogun on my mobile telephone device in quiet moments. Missed SotS and VVVVVV when they came out on PC, but they’re lovely, compact, tightly designed games that I’d recommend to anybody.

30. Zenicetus says:

Fallout New Vegas again, getting in the mood for Fallout 4, obviously.

I thought about a re-start from scratch, but the game is so huge that I just couldn’t face it. Luckily I had a save file from my second time playing through the game a couple of years ago, where I abandoned it at Level 19. That’s a good place to get into the later quests and DLC.

Of course it took a day and a half to investigate, load up and troubleshoot mods. I’m trying not to go too nuts… running a bug fixer, Project Nevada, an ENB shader thing for eye candy, and some new music. I could easily spend the weekend just falling down that rabbit hole, but I think I’m ready to stop fussing and get on with actually playing the game.

31. Synesthesia says:

There is only metal gear

32. CookPassBabtridge says:

DCS World, probably the Bf109 or maybe even getting reacquainted with my old friend the Hog. Maybe some Satellite Reign.

• Stellar Duck says:

I miss my joystick. :(

So while I now have a PC that can conceivably run DCS in a way that doesn’t make it stagger when I look out the window too fast I can’t because I left the stick and head tracker in the old country.

So instead I shall fret about about PBEM campaign of Civil War 2.

It’s one of the best gaming experiences in a long, long time. Last turn I ordered Grants Army of the Cumberland to make a multi pronged move against Nashville and Holly Springs on two different fronts. And then I sent off the orders file and now I’m anxiously awaiting the resolved turn to see how it went. I imagine that’s how Lincoln must have felt all the time. At the mercy of his commanders, half of them useless and having to blindly trust Grant to win the damn thing for him.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

Why not just buy a new stick? Rebuild brother! Rebuild! Sell a kidney, get a skylake. Job done.

Stay off booze and pain killers afterwards though

• Stellar Duck says:

It’s on the list, for sure. But having just splurged on the PC I’ll have to wait a bit for the stick. And I reckon if I’m going to get a stick I wanna do it right and get the Warthog since the A-10 is what I mostly fly. And that’s a considerable investment. And I should also consider upgrading my graphics card. I migrated that over while I got a new CPU and all the rest. Still DCS runs bloody well. The change from a wheezy old E8500 Core2Duo to the i5 4690K is pretty astounding when DCS is concerned. Even with my shoddy graphics card.

33. KDR_11k says:

Depends on how much time I waste on Mario Maker. I wanted to get Dropsy too but with Danganronpa, MGS 5 and Mario Maker all dropping so quickly after another I’m worried about not having the time for the clown.

34. Horg says:

It’s Saturday Night Gaming for the RPS community and we’re playing Natural Selection 2 tonight. If anyone wants in, the details are on the forum, drop in on mumble just before 8PM UK time.

35. unit 3000-21 says:

Splinter Cell Blacklist. I kept it on my drive for some time now, and then MGS V came out, and I thought that it’s better to play it before the supposedly “best stealth game evar” colours my judgement.
    Those damn checkpoints can be infuriating, and it’s nowhere near as good as Chaos Theory, but I’m having a good time.

36. yan spaceman says:

MGS V. I’ll take a couple of hours off to listen to Derby County on the radio. After that it’s back to MGS. I want to take a closer look at the Dispatch Missions.

37. liquidsoap89 says:

I finally finished The Witcher 3! 75 long hours later and it’s come to an end (until expansions come out). I also finished The Wolf Among Us, which was also great.

Now I will begin MGS3 because I like to torture myself by not buying MGS5 until it’s on sale.

38. king0zymandias says:

I am playing Phantom Pain, more like trudging through all the unbelievably dumb shit only because I feel obliged to play it to the end get my money’s worth. I so wish I was playing Pillars of Eternity instead. It seems the more mainstream AAA titles I play the more I’m convinced that I am probably too old for them.

• ansionnach says:

Have you tried Metal Gear 1 & 2 on the MSX? The second one is great – Metal Gear Solid was like a barebones highlights of that game with loads of cutscenes. The original games have none (just occasional and brief radio chatter).

39. fish99 says:

Mad Max. 32 hrs in and still enjoying it a great deal for all its numerous flaws. The car combat really picks up when you get rockets for your car. Getting close to reaching the 3rd area.

40. malkav11 says:

No idea, to be honest. Agenda items include actually playing MMOs I am paying for (WoW or SWTOR, at the moment), finishing my seasonal journey on my Demon Hunter in D3, finishing up Dragonfall: Director’s Cut, maybe getting back to Dragon Age: Inquisition or Dying Light or Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, working on STASIS, trying out Dropsy or Crypt of the Necrodancer, both of which I picked up cheaply yesterday, etc. I’m also kind of wanting to play more Mad Max, or maybe fiddle with another gamepaddable open world I’m midway through, like Shadow of Mordor or ACIII or Prototype 2.

Mostly I’ve been passively watching/reading Let’s Plays, though. There’s a roguelike megathread over on Something Awful’s LP subforum that’s quite entertaining. Partly it’s because I can feel RSI looming on the horizon from all the Diablo I’ve played lately. Gamepad games at least work a slightly different set of muscles, but I don’t have that many in-progress games that work well with one and none of them are either podcast-friendly (so I can make some inroads on my massive backlog of those), or have really compelling narratives (so I can get stuck into those).

41. ToomuchFluffy says:

Still playing Gothic. Should be at the 27-hour-mark now.

I also have played through “Downfall” (horror-adventure by the famous Remigiusz Michalski ;-)) in a span of about five hours or so. I didn’t find it to be nearly as good as “The Cat Lady”, but I guess there are not many games out there which are in any way similar when it comes to story. Also, considering the very limited ressources and that it was his first game, I see no reason to complain.

42. KingFunk says:

Persona 3 Portable. I know it’s not a PC game but I’m in Medellin, Colombia, hostel-bound with the shits and my PC is thousands of miles away. Thank god for my Vita…

43. CallMeIshmael says:

Even though by this point I’m already 96 hours in and well finished with most of it, I’m going to be playing more Phantom Pain. MGSV is now probably my favorite MGS game, and I think once all this controversy simmers down, people who are against it will come around. It’s like MGS2 all over again.
    Also, I will fight anyone who says it’s the worst MGS story. Remember Portable Ops, or Peace Walker? Hell, remember MGS4? If you think Phantom Pain’s story is bad, go replay Portable Ops. If you’ve got a PS Vita or Playstation TV, or a reasonably strong computer, it’s easy enough to get.

44. Aetylus says:

I felt like some variety… so splitting my time across MGSV and Dominions 4

45. raiders says:

Diablo III. I still haven’t earned my pet, yet. But I’m close :)

46. moms says:

Had a rather challenging week which, unfortunately, has carried into the weekend. So, I’ll probably just kick my feet up on the desk, and numbly point and click my way through the next couple of days.

But first, think I’m gonna sit here for a while, and quietly hold my controller… Gonna literally try to bond with it.

47. geldonyetich says:

I’ve finally managed to convince the inner critic t I try to finish Witcher 3. I’m halfway through Valen and it’s huge. My Geralt is just beginning to see reasonably badass at level 11 and in full Griffin gear, but I still have a long way to go.

48. mbeck says:

I’ll be playing Sad Graduate Student 4: Return of Writing Code for the Statistical Program R.

• jgf1123 says:

If you keep at it, you’ll get a nice achievement for all the grinding.

SoundDust says:

Took my first plunge into the world of mods, and downloaded Tale Of Two Wastelands and Fallout Who Vegas – the latter seemed too interesting to pass up. And after a half a day’s struggle, I have TTW working. That means I’m back at Capital Wasteland, hunting for caps to buy ammo again..

50. Henson says:

It seems I’m playing last year’s Thief. I’m not very far in, but so far, I’m…actually liking it. Though I must admit, the sound mixing is terrible. Which is pretty damning for a Thief game.

• Chaoslord AJ says:

The game is not half as bad as the reviewers claim but sounds always seem to come from inside your head no matter where they originate that’s clearly broken.