How FIFA 16 Ultimate Team Is Addressing Coin Glitching

FIFA is that game series I play while the rest of RPS shake their heads and sigh slightly. FIFA Ultimate Team is the mode I spend money on, using real currency to buy virtual football stickers which heal bruises on virtual footballer’s thighs, while the rest of RPS wrestle me to the ground and try to get the debit card out of my hand before I bankrupt myself. The fight will intensify: FIFA 16 [official site] is making changes to FUT, which includes lifting the artificial caps FIFA 15 introduced for price ranges on the player trading market. There’s a video explaining the changes below.

I’ll summarise: FIFA 15 introduced minimum and maximum caps on the range you could sell or buy footballers for as part of its attempts to limit the impact of dodgy FIFA coin trading happening outside of the market. To stop, essentially, Cristiano Ronaldo inflating like a balloon till only those who shop on eBay could afford him. This is also why they removed the ability to trade players from the FIFA website or mobile apps, keeping everything in-game and apparently more secure.

Now they say that FIFA 16 has better security that lets them limit or detect coin-trading and coin-glitching in other ways, so the market caps are gone and trading via web and apps is back. The video does imply however that if coin trading remains a problem, tighter caps may return.

I didn’t get into FUT in FIFA 15 as I did the previous two iterations of the game, though mostly because the eternally shifting balance between the importance of attacking versus defending landed in a space I didn’t enjoy as much. I’ve yet to try the recently released FIFA 16 demo to see how this year’s compares.

In any case, Adam is my football footpal and understands my love of inverted pyramids. Hey Adam, see that second West Ham goal last night? Belter!

Top comments

Adam Smith says:

I sure did, Graham. Moses parted the Geordie Shore and grazed the bar, and Payet's perseverance paid off magnificently.
  1. Marblecake says:

How can you still play FIFA in a post-Rocket League world?

• cqdemal says:

Replicating or making your own take on real-world footballing drama is an eternal need not even Rocket League can fulfill!

Adam Smith says:

I sure did, Graham. Moses parted the Geordie Shore and grazed the bar, and Payet’s perseverance paid off magnificently.

• finc says:

The thing about that thing you’re talking about is some arbitrary other thing which simultaneously attempts to show some level of knowledge about the subject and highlights my ignorance of the nature of causality. I fit in really well in the pub.

3. eljueta says:

There again the same Lady biting the neck of the other Lady, what’s up with that?

4. luke_osullivan says:

I’d love to try the Fifa 16 demo. But in spite of my reporting it here:

link to answers.ea.com

which makes clear I am not alone in my misery, I have yet to be able to do so.

RPS, oh RPS, hear my cry: put the smackdown on EA so they feel a bit more pressure to fix this as I bet 100-1 I will have exactly the full problem with the full game on release.

5. finc says:

See that ludicrous display last night? Thing about Arsenal is, they always try and walk it in.

6. fifa16coins says:

Fifacoins.co is a professional, safe and legal fifa coins seller and you can buy fifa 16 coins xbox one at September 18.