Comfy? Telltale’s Game Of Thrones Ends In November

Speaking of conclusions to episodic adventure games made by Telltale, the devs have announced that their television murderfest spin-off Game of Thrones [official site] will wrap up on November 17th with its sixth episode, titled ‘The Ice Dragon’. That makes this post a bit like going back to past and changing that other post so in the future we have a post about Game of Thrones rather than Tales from the Borderlands but oh no what is this I’m dissolving gosh meddling with time is a rum do and no mistake!

By which I mean, look, it’s a wee new video with its voice cast (including TV folks!):

“The epic conclusion to the season is the most ambitious and diversely presented episode we’ve ever produced,” Telltale CEO Kevin Bruner boasted in an accompanying press release. “The fate of House Forrester has been in the hands of players all season long, and the finale will be tailored to provide a uniquely harrowing conclusion for each and every player based on the decisions they’ve made in the game thus far.”

Says you, sunshine. Presumably nothing will change enough to affect events of the TV show (and this is very much based on the TV show rather than the original books) but still, I reckon Telltale can get away with doing some mighty unpleasant things to all the folks created for the game. How are you finding this, by the way? Compared to other Telltale episodic adventure games, I haven’t heard that much about it. Have folks simply learned not to go on about Game of Thrones near me?

Whew, okay, we’ve reached the end of the post and guys, don’t worry – I haven’t dissolved because I went back to the future and fixed everything.

1. Brosecutor says:

I’m actually looking forward to the finale. Very underrated game.

• geisler says:

Yes very. What about that very positive rating on steam instead of overwhelmingly positive right?. I sure wish this game could come out of indie obscurity and into the spotlight. Oh wait…

• Press X to Gary Busey says:

Unnecessary.

• Voxel lens says:

I don’t trust Steam ratings since I found out that Mafia 2 got “very positive” (94%)…

Anyway, I think he meant underrated by the professional critics so yes, unnecessary.

2. Gemberkoekje says:

I love this game, I’ve had sequences where I was so invested in the characters that I just had to remember to breath. I also constantly fall into the trap that whatever I do – the world goes against me. Not sure if that’s the game’s fault, or just me making the ‘wrong’ choices, but it captures the feeling of Game of Thrones really well in my opinion.

In addition, Ramsey Snow is a bastard. Just seeing that guy makes my skin crawl, and him leaving results in a sigh of relief.

Can’t wait for the final, though I’m pretty sure my house Forrester is doomed… oh well.

3. Oakreef says:

Very much looking forward to it! With the way series five of the show has gone off the rails I’ve much preferred this game to watching the show for my aSoIaF fix. Though TBH I so far I think the Cyanide RPG had a more interesting overall story.

4. amateurviking says:

Never mind Back to the Future Day. Today is clearly News About the Impending End of a Number of Episodic Games Day.

Happy News About the Impending End of a Number of Episodic Games Day everybody!

• Oakreef says:

let’s all celebrate by playing the Back to the Future Episodic Adventure Game!

5. OpT1mUs says:

Just reminds me how much I hate the show

6. cannedpeaches says:

I love that Iwan Rheon can’t help but make crazy eyes even though he’s only voicing Ramsay (at 1:10).

7. GamesBrit says:

Well after wrapping up Tales from the Borderlands with positive, happy feelings, I can’t wait for Game of Thrones to crush them into the dirt.

8. RabbitIslandHermit says:

I’ve gotten really tired of damned if you do it damned if you don’t life is mostly random pain and suffering in this series but it’s completely faithful to source material so meh.

9. Bryan Xavier says:

They should consider continuing with another spin-off. Good reviews and a dedicated fan-base.

I enjoyed it, that’s for sure.