White Wolf Interview: “There Have Not Been Enough Video Games Set In The World Of Darkness”

The news that Paradox Interactive had purchased World of Darkness creator and publisher White Wolf a couple of weeks ago came as something of a surprise. It also raised a lot of questions: what would become of existing third-party relationships? What are the plans for digital spin-offs of White Wolf properties? Can we expect another Vampire: The Masquerade CRPG at any point in the near future?

We contacted new White Wolf CEO Tobias Sjögren to discover the answers to those questions and many more.

RPS: You’ve mentioned a desire to “unite the community under one flag from day one”. Does that relate to the third-party agreements already in place for tabletop publishing and some IPs?

Sjögren: As owners we want our game lines to be tightly interconnected and we want to communicate directly with our brilliant community of players. I don’t think that always been the case from the IP owner side of things. The community support from our different partners has been fantastic and remains so. We want to help and support our user groups in the best way we can, not be a distant parent company.

RPS: Can you tell us what will be happening with the Exalted IP and White Wolf’s relationship with Onyx Path? What difference, if any, will this make to the book publishing side of the business?

Sjögren: Currently we are talking to all of our partners, including Onyx Path and By Night Entertainment, something we couldn’t do before the actual closing and announcement of the Paradox-CCP deal. We’re deeply involved in the process of discussing with and learning about the minute details of our partners business while we establish a solid plan for the years to come. As I’m sure everyone understands we won’t comment on any specific questions about partners, projects or products before this process is all done. But we intend to get through it as swiftly as possible.

RPS: I’ve seen concerns that White Wolf is a tabletop company with videogame spin-offs, and that being in the hands of a videogame developer and publisher may tip the balance toward digital releases. Is that something you’ve considered?

Sjögren: It has been very important for Paradox to make White Wolf Publishing a separate company with its own agenda and goals. We are taking a broad transmedia approach to the World of Darkness and the other properties. Tabletop, live-action and card games are a vital part of White Wolf’s heritage and will remain so. But the IP is way too powerful to be limited to the relatively small market of physical gaming. There is a lot of room to create more video games based on these properties. Just look at how popular Bloodlines still is with a community that still patch and play the game eleven years after it was released!

I’ve been working at Paradox for two years before becoming the CEO of White Wolf and I have witnessed the huge passion for tabletop games here. Don’t forget that one of Paradox most popular games Europa Universalis was a tabletop game before it became a PC game and that the entire company has it’s root in Äventyrsspel and Target games, creators of Mutant, Kult and Drakar och Demoner (the Swedish answer to Dungeons and Dragons). In the 80’s and 90’s they were basically the TSR of Sweden.

RPS: CCP had been working on a World of Darkness MMO. Is that something you’d consider pursuing? Is it correct that Martin Ericsson, formerly working on the MMO, is now ‘lead-storyteller’ at White Wolf?

Sjögren: It is too early in the process and we currently don’t comment on any product strategies. But, yes, we are very excited to have Martin as our Lead Storyteller. He’s a key person in the company and his job is to nail down and guard the creative vision and overarching storyline for the World of Darkness. He has some pretty extreme ideas, and that’s perfect for the IP.

Martin’s credentials stretch much further than just having previously worked as the Senior Content Developer over at White Wolf/CCP. He’s a created two major participatory EU TV-series (one of them he swears was designed to be unofficially compatible with WoD) and run larps for Nokia in central London with Tim Kring of Heroes fame. He’s been a prominent games researcher and keynote lecturer on the power of participatory culture.

He’s one of the most influential players on the European larp scene and is known as the bad boy of Nordic larp, running adult games in Shakespeare’s Elsinore Castle, in abandoned nuclear reactors and decommissioned military ships. Google him and you’ll dig up some pretty wild stuff. He’s probably going to be using his pen name “Elricsson” in his new position. Pretty suitable considering the origins of the White Wolf name. He’s a massive fan of all incarnations of WoD but not an uncritical one.

I appreciate that Martin has a lot of ideas on how to make the IP as connected to 21st century culture as it was to the scene of the 90’s. And yeah, he’s been the official WoD model for Vlad Tepes and the Tzimisce clan.

RPS: How long have you been working toward this deal and is it part of any wider strategy to expand your third-party publishing? You’re not going to announce that you’ve secured Game of Thrones next week, right?

Sjögren: So that is more of a question for Paradox and the CEO Fredrik Wester. But I can definitely say that the acquisition of White Wolf was the result of a lot of passion, long work-hours and smart planning. It’s a great fit for the whole group as the people at Paradox and White Wolf complements each other really well.

RPS: As I understand it, White Wolf is a ‘daughter company’ to Paradox rather than a fully incorporated part of your Paradox holdings. Does that mean you will be free to work with other publishers with your guidance?

Sjögren: Yes! The logics behind that is simple. Like most publishers out there Paradox is specialised and does certain types of games better than anyone else.

But if there is a publisher that is a better fit than Paradox for a product that White Wolf would like to license, we are definitely set to do the deal with that publisher. White Wolf is here to do what is best for Exalted and World of Darkness and the fans who love these properties.

RPS: What do you think you can offer to White Wolf and their fans that hadn’t been there before?

Sjögren: That is a hard question considering this is a brand with 25 years of great products and amazing individuals that have created some pretty solid and mind bending products. However we would not have done this acquisition if we didn’t think there are things that we can add to the ecosystem of products and to support our great partners. Products wise we’ll talk about what we can do when we have concrete things to show. On the more general level we will roll out a powerful and provocative contemporary storyline, making sure there is a singular World of Darkness story that is easy to get into for neonates but builds on and deepens the universe that elder fans love. And yeah, there have not been enough video games set in the World of Darkness. That’s a huge thing we can offer right there.

RPS: Presumably there are people at Paradox who are fans of White Wolf’s creations? Is there anything in particular you enjoy and look forward to working with?

Sjögren: There are many fans at the company for sure, the response from Paradox employees have been just as great as from the community out there.

Personally I look forward to see how the metaplot will connect all the great IPs from Vampire to Werewolf, Mages and Changelings and see that evolve over time without diluting the individual strengths of the very different games. But I’m actually most excited about learning more about the live action aspect of the IP which, even though I am well aware of the phenomena (it’s a pretty big deal in Sweden right now) have never before fully participated in.

I know Martin is a huge Wraith and Promethean fan, but it will be a while before we let him loose on those more obscure game lines.

RPS: We’ve seen the grand strategy game move into science fiction, so is dark fantasy next? The Crusader Kings II model of strategic dynasty management seems like it’d suit some World of Darkness properties to an extent. Have you discussed in-house Paradox Development Studio use of the licenses?

Sjögren: Sorry about the no comment again here but it is just too early to speak of any specifics. But I got to say myself and Martin have really appreciated all the ideas and comments that have been coming in from the community out there, some great and inspiring ideas!

RPS: Away from strategy, there has been an immediate and enormous online reaction. A lot of that revolves around Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and the desire for a new singleplayer RPG? Is that something you’ve considered and would you most likely work with third-party developers? Obsidian have been mentioned, partly because a relationship already exists but also because they seem like a natural fit in many ways.

Sjögren: It’s great to see that Bloodlines by Troika Games and published by Activision still has such a vital following out there. Throughout history there are a couple of such games that just won’t leave people’s mind and it is fantastic to be able to work on a possible continuation of such a appreciated experience. But (again) we can’t comment on specifics here so I can only say rest assured we will look at any opportunity out there to make something great with all these amazing properties we now have access to.

RPS: Further to that, any comment on these tweets?

Sjögren: Again, it is absolutely fantastic to see the excitement out there and it inspires us even more to do our very best.
First week at work I have had a lot of phone calls with all kinds of potential partners out there that want to learn more about the opportunities ahead and we’ll keep on working for getting awesome products rolling out.

RPS: Would you consider a re-release of Bloodlines? A HD version? Are you aware of Project Vaulderie?

Sjögren: The original Bloodlines is handled by our partner Activision. I am aware of Vaulderie but as it was before my time I prefer not to comment on any details in that story because I simply don’t know more than anyone else that read about it online.

RPS: Does this mean we can expect World of Darkness LARPing at the next Paradox Convention?

Sjögren: Haha, that would be awesome, if so I will for sure bring my custom made fangs and be one in the crowd. I’m keen to find out what tastes the sweetest, journalist or YouTuber blood…

Jokes aside, like I mentioned before Paradox and White Wolf will operate separately but when and if it makes sense to co-operate on the event side would be something we’d tackle later in our planning. The plan right now is trying to participate in as many World of Darkness community events as possible to be able to meet and talk to the fans out there.

RPS: And a final question for those fans who I know are still out there: Any plans to revive Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, the card game?

Sjögren: One of many great products we have the pleasure to now be able to work with for sure and we got a lot of requests and ideas from the community about VtES. Regarding plans we’ll get back on that when we have something concrete.

RPS: Thanks for your time!

gritz says:

“The bad boy of Nordic larp” – this was a fun read.

Phasma Felis says:

I was confused when I read the title, because I’d thought that White Wolf was bought out and hacked apart years ago.

Yeah, turns out I was right. These are the guys who paid a bunch of money to essentially LARP being White Wolf, while licensing out all the actual work.

• MadTinkerer says:

Some might argue that’s exactly the same as what White Wolf did for most of their splatbooks.

• MisterFurious says:

No, that was CCP that bought it years ago. This is Paradox that bought it last week.

• jellydonut says:

CCP bought WW in 2006, and left the properties to languish. In 2012, WW employees got out and founded Onyx Path Publishing, and then proceeded to get the license for WW properties so that they could publish WW books. This relationship continues to exist even though Paradox bought WW.

I’m honestly not sure what you’re talking about, though.

3. Eight Rooks says:

I only partly mean this as sarcastic hyperbole when I say the second half of that sentence should disqualify anyone from being “Lead storyteller” for anything, anywhere, ever. I have no real emotional investment in WoD, and hey, what do I know about running a company? Not much. But seriously, I’m honestly more than a little aghast that narrative control of a major franchise like that can get handed to someone who thinks anyone should pay any attention to a word that comes out of Tim Kring’s mouth.

• ffordesoon says:

As I understand it, Nokia wanted people to buy their phones, and contracted Tim Kring and Ericsson’s company in order to create a LARPy experience centered around Nokia phones. Ericsson’s fairly new company needed a job, and it got one where they happened to work with Tim Kring. Now, obviously the two men didn’t hate each other – at least, they didn’t hate each other enough to refuse the job. But that’s all it was – a job.

And yes, I know you were being hyperbolic, but showbiz is one of those weird businesses where you aren’t necessarily in control of who you work with or for at any given time – not if you want to make enough money to pay the bills, anyway. As such, it seems ridiculous to dismiss a very smart guy and his considerable body of work out of hand for working with a writer you dislike.

• Eight Rooks says:

Perhaps, but if nothing else, CCP appear to think it’s something to be proud of. I’m aware how showbiz works, you know? But I would assume Vampire’s fanbase would be the kind of people who would see Heroes as one of the worst genre shows in God knows how long (after that first season) and in their position I would actively avoid bringing up any association with it in order to impress them. It’s the kind of namedropping you use to convince people who couldn’t care less about creativity that you can make them a large amount of money and you’ve been given the responsibility to do that.

I know, I know, it’s nitpicking, but although it’s a tangent of sorts I do consider it pretty important in a way. I honestly think Heroes is dreadful and Heroes Reborn should never have been greenlit. And I honestly think if you’re trying to impress on your prospective fanbase that your narrative-heavy RPG franchise is in good hands you should be very wary of any association with one of the most incompetently written major genre IPs on network television for a very long time. (I’d guess the people who hated Heroes and the people who like WoD have quite a bit of overlap.) I don’t give a toss how many phones you can sell; I care if you can write a good story. It wouldn’t have me swearing off WoD games for ever, but it would have me very wary that they do actually know what they’re doing.

Lars Westergren says:

Tentatively hyped, looking forward to more concrete announcements in the coming months/years.

5. Zhivko Yakimov says:

RPS, next time you come by someone from Paradox, could you ask them what they really meant by “one World of Darkness” in their initial press release? There is a lot of concern among tabletop fans (myself included) that Paradox means to consolidate the two main lines of World of Darkness games – classic World of Darkness (which includes Vampire: the Masquerade, upon which Bloodlines was based) and new World of Darkness, which is a new take on all main game lines, as well as a couple of new ones (Promethean, Sin-Eaters, Beast).

To be fair, it wouldn’t be good for any IP owner to have two distinct versions of the same product, because it may lead to confusion. From a gaming perspective, classic World of Darkness is more familiar, and it was about to serve as the basis for the MMO. On the other hand, new World of Darkness lines are currently going under their second revisions, becoming even better, and they have their fan base as well (myself included).

The main concern is that development of new World of Darkness lines may be abandoned due to better recognition of the classic lines. This would be a big disappointment, as some of the lines are distinctly superior to their originals – Changeling and Demon particularly stand out.

• Fredward says:

He clearly tried to fish for that answer, more than once and was met PR stonewalling. For me it sounds like they’re gonna merge all the disparate parts into one thing, dunno whether that means cancelling current projects though but I imagine they’ll be dropped afterwards.

• malkav11 says:

I really hope they don’t merge them. I think that would collectively disappoint everyone, because the oWoD and nWoD takes are very very different on pretty much every major line they share and there’s no one right answer between them. I, for example, really dislike the new Mage and am not at all convinced that new Demon is superior to the classic take (though it sounds interesting in its own right), but I would agree new Changeling is significantly better than the original, not least because it’s actually about playing changelings, like, y’know, the name would suggest. And I’d go to bat for new Werewolf and possibly new Hunter, also. (I kind of like the crazy setup for original Hunter, but it’s unbalanced as hell and leaves all the other kinds of monster hunters in dated sourcebooks for Vampire instead of incorporating them.)

Though I suppose there’s always option three: come up with a THIRD, brand new mythology for each of the major lines.

• BlaineD says:

New Hunter is really better then old one. I like new Mage better, but I’ve used Paradoxes from old and hacked something from old into new one.
        But as you I really hope they wont just merge everything.
        But tbh it really doesnt matter for us roleplayers, really. We will play whatever we like.

6. sonson says:

“There aren’t enough games set in the world of the intellectual property of the company I am invested in”

7. molinars says:

Bloodlines 2 with Chris Avellone/Obsidian + Brian Mitsoda’s writing? Where do I sing my soul away?

• klops says:

Brian Mitsoda’s own and last project was Dead State. I don’t get the hype he gets.

• molinars says:

Yeah, I had hope for Dead State. His writing was pretty good though so hopefully, if there is a Bloodlines 2 and he is on it they’ll put his strengths to work.

Ninja Dodo says:

I haven’t played Dead State as I don’t care about zombies but this whole “you’re only as good your last game/movie/whatever” is such a nonsense attitude. Like an artist’s output can only ever be going up lest their entire career be called into question. The hype is because he was a key part of something great and is likely to do more great work given the opportunity.

• klops says:

You’re not only as good as your last project but if that’s about the only thing you’ve done in five years and it is your personal project and it sucks, you should strongly take that latest project in consideration.

I’ve only played some Bloodlines couple years ago and finished Dead State last year so I’m no Mitsoda expert. It seems Alpha Protocol and NWN were games he worked with also. To me this “Mitsoda-yeehaw!” just feels too much like “Jane Jensen – a guaranteed quality product!”. After Grey Matter (not bad but not good) and Malachi Rector (bad) I don’t get the hype Jensen still gets from some people, even though she wrote good games twenty years ago.

But yeah, like I said. I don’t know much about Mitsoda so perhaps it would’ve been best just to shut up and not be so cynical about it.

• Anathema says:

It seems it’s only related to the fact he worked on the dialogues of VTM Bloodlines, yet they don’t realize he got his inspiration from the VTM books and the source material.

8. aliksy says:

Wait, so what are they doing with the new World of Darkness? I really don’t care at all about the old world of darkness (ugh. metaplot).

9. Emeraude says:

tl;dr

“We’re pretty enthused about our new acquisition, we don’t have anything concrete to share with you right now”

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Oooh, that’s proper-noun “World of Darkness”. I read the headline and all I could think was, “You even play games there buddy?”

11. Hyena Grin says:

I gotta say, it was probably too early to conduct this kind of interview. I mean, there’s always the ‘we haven’t announced anything’ response you can expect from an interview, while passing along a wink and a nod to the readers, but I can’t imagine anything concrete happening at White Wolf right now considering they’ve just been raised from the dead. Pun intended.

Honestly, the most useful and interesting questions were the ones about what their options are going forward. It’s good to know that they have third-party publishing options, that gives them a lot of leeway for things like Bloodlines 2 to get made. I love Paradox to death, but they’re probably not the right publisher to arrange and publish a single player first person narrative/character-driven RPG.

12. Josh W says:

Frowns. Good job their talking to onyx path, because they will find that “massive unifying metaplot” is pretty much the exact opposite direction than these games have been going for the last 5 years, and for good reason:

Everyone trying to do something high concept wants to cross the game lines, (of course you do, vampires trying to deal with werewolves is one thing, but trying to deal with fey refugees while fallen machine angels interfere?) but by making them compatible but not actually cutting the ribbon of that natural opportunity themselves, (particularly not of the comic book style “this will change everything”), Onyx path have let hundreds of people running games do it their own way. Make those big events the centerpieces of their own “chronicles”.

Anyone making a game that tells stories has to restrain themselves from using up that fuel they provided: “Something mysterious going on? Well 3 books later I might tell you what that is, so don’t use it now whatever you do.”

Even those games set in the old world of darkness that were infamous for creating detailed plots with absurd interlocking schemes have started to lean towards multiple choice timelines, and on the one hand, that could actually help those desperate to introduce more unifying plot; don’t make a big story full of twists and turns, with a single universe that will require continuity managers and squabbles over arcane details, instead, if you want to cross things, make optional frames for larger stories. Set a game in one version, and then set another game in another, mix and match what exists and how, as writers have been doing with folklore for centuries.

It will mean giving up a trivial position of being able to write “the authoritative history of a fantasy world”, but open up far more possibilities for making good stories.

• Josh W says:

(I gave up on the other hand)

• Rizlar says:

Here here!

I don’t know anything about the Vampire/World of Darkness/whatever settings, but the juvenile obsession with pointless continuity and meaningless detail as seen in stuff like superhero comics is the worst. The worst.

It doesn’t feel right to describe it as using up the ‘fuel’ of the setting though, telling a story is fundamentally creative, not destructive, ie. you just create opportunities for more stories (what happened next?). If you are talking about a specific storyline or something then it’s really a matter of pacing, right?

The problem is the production of meaningless guff just to make money out of a huge fan following, where obsession over continuity and pointless detail has overtaken any desire for quality storytelling. Give me a bunch of related but discrete, interesting stories any day (like some of the aforementioned superhero publisher’s small imprints).

• CraftyBanana says:

This is one of the ways tabletop games differ from other media, though, and is one of the reasons why some current fans of Onyx Path are a bit nervous about this development. When you’re talking about comics, or video games, or movies or what have you, a strong ongoing storyline is fine: the next work incorporates what happened in the previous one, and the story keeps chugging ahead. Table top RPGs aren’t about everyone playing the same story, though. They’re about thousands of players making up their own stories.

To take an example, lets say the core book of an RPG introduces an antagonist. He becomes central to the game you’re playing with your friends, and eventually, after many adventures and trials and joy and tears, you take him down. Hooray!

Then the next book in the RPG line comes out. It’s all about how that antagonist your group just killed does this HUGE WORLD ALTERING THING which changes the setting forever. Shit. In your world, that dude’s dead. What do you do?

You can try and muddle along, use bits of the book, but you’ve diverged from the main timeline now, and every release for the line that advances the metaplot is going to become less and less relevant to your table. You can also look forward to a whole new set of hassle when a new player joins the group, and you have to explain why no, your version of the world is different, and she’s not going to be playing the game she thought he was.

You can try and mitigate this by never letting your players do anything interesting that might cross over with metaplot developments, but no one really likes standing on the sidelines, watching NPCs do all the cool stuff.

TL;DR: Metaplot is fun to read through (or play through in a video game). It’s not fun for a table-top RPG, where your own table might have gone spinning off in a wildly different direction.

• MeltingBanana says:

True.

While the IP is a goldmine – and I remain firmly convinced of that, per my post below – it’s tough to create a good digital game in the World of Darkness. And you’ve hit the nail on the head as to why.

These worlds were never about killing monsters and getting treasure; rather, they tended to be years-long dramas set against the backdrop of political intrigue. Branching options are a lot of work for a video game. And the worst part is that your players may never find half of the effort you put in!

Still… I’ll hold out hope for a WoD game. I’ll buy whatever it is to support the making of more of them.

• SebfromMTL says:

So Paradox IS the perfect dev. for this! I want a WoD Crusader Kings!!

gritz says:

Holy shit, a CK2 style game where you manage your lineage of kindred against the machinations of powerful WOD forces would be incredible.

• BlaineD says:

Yes they really would and I would play hell of the that game. I am already buying next DLC for EU4 dropping at december. And I would buy other DLCs for WoD grand strategy.
            Give it to me Paradox, pls.

• Gangrel says:

I have the most respect in Devs who make wide branching stories that I might never see due to me choosing another path. I would love that. Bloodlines is likely the RPG I played through the most times. And it I still nine years later I had found more quests in the game I never did. (courtesy of me never looking anything up)
        So yeah, I am happy to play a game multiple times if it gives me different ways to play and different paths to walk on. Its such a shame that there hasnt been quite such a strong atmospheric and well written game like Bloodlines in a decade. (though I do know its hard to make and it isnt necessarily profitable)

• aliksy says:

Exactly. I really appreciated how the newer games were more suggestive than finely detailed in a lot of ways. (At least in the core books. I didn’t get most of the supplements). Not having a strong canon and metaplot means the players won’t get upset when I don’t follow it. Maybe in my game VII are a bloodline, but maybe in the next game they’re the project of a powerful ventrue, and in the next game it’s a wizard meddling in affairs beyond his ken.

13. Paul says:

Bloodlines 2 by Obsidian with Mitsoda and Avellone would be a dream come true. I would pay 100 bucks for that. Especially if they could get Rik Shaffer back too for music. Bloodlines’s atmosphere is unforgettable.

• melancholicthug says:

And don’t forget some Lacuna Coil mixed in there!

Ninja Dodo says:

If they do another Bloodlines they should get as much of the old Troika team as possible. Definitely get Boyarsky back on art direction, because while outdated now on a technical level it had (and still has) a great style and atmosphere to it… and bring back the lady who did the voice casting (Margaret Tang according to IMDB) and returning actors where applicable because man the voices were phenomenal.

14. MeltingBanana says:

This IP is such a goldmine, and – like D&D – I do not understand why the video game industry hasn’t tapped into it. You have a large, ready-made market of people who have already proven themselves to be collectors of stuff in that universe. We like the rules, we like the universe, and we want to buy more stuff. To make matters even more tempting, the rules of the game have been playtested for millions of hours by people all over the globe. It should be easy money.

Yet D&D in particular has a wide swath of terrible video games loosely associated with it (4E would have made a perfect turn-based strategy game). White Wolf’s World of Darkness doesn’t really have anything except Bloodlines.

I hope they do excellent things with this IP.

• SebfromMTL says:

D&D, like Warhammer/WH40k just needs a 1:1 conversion of the TT to video game but most of these publishers seem to think a PC version of their games would detract too many people from the physical version, at least it seems that way to GW…

15. PancakeWizard says:

Obligatory Wraith: The Oblivion in PS:T style, please. (I actually emailed Paradox this and got a ‘thanks for the idea!’ email, btw).

• Emeraude says:

It may sound crazy at first, but replaying Legend of Mana earlier this year, I kept thinking how much of a solid base it could make for a Wraith game.

Start from a core “personal” space acting like a hub.
      Replace artifacts with fetters, each one opening limited access to the land of the living, with interactions between the places depending on how you deal with each of them.

Add a rogue-like element about going into the Labyrinth to gather the resources to interact with the living, but at the cost of making your shadow grow stronger.

Make it replayable by not being about the end (which, well, we all have a decent idea of what it’s going to be), but about the events that lead to it and which can change each playthrough depending on how order of events/fetters, course to power and dealing with the Shadow.

16. welverin says:

This just makes me worried about what they’ll do to the deal with Onyx Path, which has been doing a good job with the tabletop lines.

If nWW and Paradox stick to videogames and other aspects of the property and leave Op to continue what they’re doing then things will work out fine.

17. Lionmaruu says:

I just hope (in vain, I know) that they would give fucking vampires a rest and make something good with all the rest of the awesome books from WoD WW like mage, or even go as far to make something awesome with Exalted. if they must go “vampire clan soap opera drama” again, maybe at least make it interesting to be possible to play as a hunter, prometean or whatever… Man I hate the vampires…

• Anathema says:

Prometheans are from nWoD, he’s talking about Classic WoD, mainly. Now, who tells you they won’t make video games or other products for the other IPs? They are publishers and now they own several WoD IPs, plus Exalted. Obviously, the greatest IP, Vampire: The Masquerade, will receive the initial attention.

18. damoqles says:

I want McComb’s & Avellone’s next crpg project to be a Torment game based on Promethean.