Telltale’s Game Of Thrones Finale Deets & Pics

All men must die, so I’m told, and I can’t imagine the finale of Telltale’s episodic Game of Thrones [official site] will be without a few tears, not to mention murders and mutilations. Unusually, Telltale announced its release date – November 17th – a month in advance, a break from their usual habit of muttering episode dates a few days before they’re out. They didn’t have much of anything to say about the ep, mind, so today they’ve followed up with a few words and pictures from ‘The Ice Dragon’.

Here’s what they briefly say is going down:

“With House Whitehill tightening its grip on Ironrath at the behest of Ramsay Bolton, the remaining Forresters must give their all to save the family, whether through diplomacy, subterfuge, or violent force. In the frozen wilds beyond The Wall, Gared learns the secrets of the mysterious North Grove, and Mira discovers that political games in a King’s Landing controlled by Cersei Lannister often involve the highest stakes of all.

“One final note… this is definitely an episode you might want to play more than once. What is the fate of House Forrester? When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. Your choices, your story: you decide.”

Winning or dying is how you know it’s a game, yeah? No one wants the Walking Simulator of Thrones, do they? I totally do, of course. While I’ve no interest in Game of Thrones itself, I do like many of the locations they’ve filmed in. By cherry-picking magical spots of our world, they’ve created a fantasy land where everywhere offers that wonder, which is great. Er. Anyway, November 17th, yeah?

1. Simbosan says:

Don’t say deets! Please, never say deets.

• Scurra says:

What are deets anyway? All the dictionaries I could find tell me that in the singular it’s an insect-repellent. Which I guess would be useful in Westeros, given that it’s seemingly not quite advanced enough to have fly-spray. Then again, does it have tiny, annoying biting insects at all?

• XxBrentos9xX says:

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, but “deets” is slang for details

• Scurra says:

Yes, I was being slightly sarcastic, but… It’s fairly obvious what “deets” means, but slang is always dangerous to use, especially in a headline.
          (I’m not one of those who thinks that language should remain static, mind. Slang can, however, prove exclusionary, which is not always a good thing.)

• rabbit says:

why? deets please

Carra says:

Spoiler: That screenshot can’t be accurate, one of the characters on it died!

PhoenixTank says:

Not sure if joking, but that’d depend on your choices in the game.

Carra says:

I know. Also, saying that someone dies in a Game of Thrones novel isn’t really a spoiler :)

3. Thurgret says:

I slogged my way through part 1 of all this, and gave up early on in part 2. Found it rather dull, despite that I enjoyed their first Walking Dead game (the second a little less so). At least I didn’t pay full price.

4. Nucas says:

hopefully the episodic format is making it easier to get games to market in some cases that wouldn’t make it conventionally, because as a gamer i hate it and hope it has some kind of redeeming quality.

5. oueddy says:

The episodic format is great, but has problems where episodes are just being pushed back too much and not sticking to any reasonable deadline. I cant be expected to remember what occurred 4 months ago, it usually takes me a good 1/2 an hour to get back into the series with a new episode and then you’re potentially already quite a way into it.

• Nucas says:

this is why i find the whole concept so rancid. the delay between episodes is too often ludicrous. dreamfall chapters pushed half a year from episode 1 to 2, and that’s how long it’s been since the last episode, with rumblings that it won’t be out until next year. what is the point of that? did it really help get the game made?