Multiplayer Misrule: Chaos Reborn Gets A Demo

Newborns are gross and… I had planned to start this post about Chaos Reborn [official site] now having a demo with some kind of gag about how reborns are surely even grosser, so it’s probably better to be visiting the game a month after launch. Then I remembered that reborn dolls are A Thing and just so uncanny and now I’m too distracted looking at those eerie little effigies while admiring the artistry and… I wish Pip were around this morning to talk me down out of this. Chaos Reborn has a demo now, okay, and a new update recently hit too.

The demo is focused on multiplayer, as Chaoslord Julian Gollop explains: “It gives players free access to the multiplayer modes and tutorials, but not realms, offline battles or social rank progression. The inventory limit is also restricted to 7 items.”

Hop on over to Steam and hit that “Download Demo” button for turn-based antics.

Having been funded on Kickstarter, Chaos Reborn hit Steam Early Access last December then finally launched properly a couple of weeks ago, at the end of October. Leaving Early Access doesn’t mean it’s all done and dusted, and update 1.2 launched alongside the demo. It increases the number of maximum asynchronous games from 24 to 40, letting you have more on the go, and brings a fair selection of other fixes, additions, and tweaks. That’s also all detailed over here.

1. Caiman says:

Been looking forward to a WIT on this. Loving the game myself, in fact totally addicted would be a better description. Perhaps we need to organise an RPS tournament!

2. FreeTom says:

This is an excellent idea. Nothing keeps a community alive like free access to a functionally complete version of the multiplayer. See: Trackmania Nations Forever.

3. klops says:

Play the demo and buy the game. I need more people to win me! Please.

4. Blackrook says:

I think it must be 25 years since I played the original on a speccy.

Will definitely take a look at this demo.

5. Bobtree says:

The demo is halfway to F2P, minus the downsides. That’s a refreshing approach, and I like what I’ve played so far.

6. cpt_freakout says:

This game is fantastic – go play it if you like stuff like Blood Bowl.

Yes, now! Before it drives away with your partner, because that’s just how awesome it is.

7. 88GJS88 says:

As someone who backed the Kickstarter and has therefore already paid for the game….this seems like an incredibly generous demo! The MP is a really good environment around a really strong game, wheras the feature that have been cut out (Realms, SP and equipment collection) still have a bit of a way to go to become fully fleshed out.

If I didn’t have the game already, I’d be leaping at this demo.