Broforce Unleashes Double Christopher Lambert

Only now that Broforce [official site] has left Steam Early Access are we actually getting some real action heroes! The first post-launch update has arrived with a Christopher Lambert double-header, adding new Bros based on Connor MacLeod, The Highlander, and Raiden out Mortal Kombat to run and jump and megamurder. Now we’re talking! The ‘Lightning Strikes Twice’ update also added new challenge missions designed around each Bro’s abilities, and handy new items like performance-boosting drugs and alien pheremones.

You’ll find all the details on the update this-a-way and in these here moving pictures:

The Brolander has a honking great sword to hit folks with and his Quickening lightning megablast, while Broden gets lightning zapbeams and that special move where he dives at someone yelling. No, this isn’t Broforce now riffing off video games – that’s the Raiden Lambert played in the 1995 movie. It was not a good movie, but dear old Christophe always had a twinkle in his eye.

Developers Free Lives have already explored TV Land a little, and if they ever venture deeper to add Lorenzo Lamas, the Renegade, and James McCaffrey out Swift Justice, I will FLIP.

1. Skeletor68 says:

That Mortal Kombat movie is the best video game adaption to date.

• Skeletor68 says:

adaptation (bloody edit)

• C0llic says:

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday

2. Kollega says:

Can anyone tell me where to find the new standalone missions? Because I couldn’t find them in the main menu. Are they among the custom campaigns?

• Crafter says:

They appeared once on the map after I had completed the game (I was at the last level) but then disappeared completely :/

I suspect that it is a bit broken right now.

• Sian says:

As Crafter says, they appear on the campaign map, but for me they appeared after certain missions, not at the end.

3. Spacewalk says:

How many bros in now and there’s still no Seagal and Dolph characters? Lame.

4. Spacewalk says:

Brolander promo art totally looks like a pissed off Peter Capaldi. You’re supposed to be a doctor not a warrior bro, weren’t you listening.

5. Baines says:

New bros are always nice, but I kind of wish they’d address some of the annoying stuff that has existed for months (though they have addressed some), and do some things to improve the overlong Hell stage and overall un-fun final battles.

Heck, after many months of people complaining about unfair deaths due to cutscenes, Satan’s first form abuses just that issue to get a cheap kill on unsuspecting players.

6. Yachmenev says:

I might be ready for more Broforce, but the last level, that I haven’t beaten yet, made me a bit tired of the game. It just goes on and on, and keeps throwing bosses at you, that just feels annoying at a certain point.

• Baines says:

Yes, that’s the Hell level I mentioned.

Though the game never tells you, it will save your Campaign progress right at the checkpoint before Satan’s first form. You can at least take a break without having to redo *everything*. Though you’ll still have to redo any previously beaten forms of Satan, none of which are fun.

7. Mr_Blastman says:

Oh no! A game is hard! Heaven forbid!

8. Tankboi says:

I’m ver surprised there is no Broce Lee yet…