Get A Job Working For Another Player In GTA Online

I'm paid to simply hold a gun like this for eight hours a day.

Not everyone can be The Big Cheese, and every gangster movie in the world shows the terrible fate befalling anyone who tries. So give up. Accept that you’re just another brick in the wall, another cog in the machine, another putz put on this beautiful green Earth to make a richer person’s life easier. Relax. It’s fine. Hey, I’m right there with you buddy. Let’s accept our fate. Let’s stop trying. Let’s embrace that futility. Let’s fill our entire lives with it. Let’s – you and me – get virtual jobs as bodyguards for richer players in Grand Theft Auto Online [official site].

Now the ‘Executives and Other Criminals’ update is here, players with more than $1 million can declare themselves ‘VIPs’ and found an organisation then hire up to three other players as bodyguards. This’ll let you all play new modes with battles between organisations, and gives bonuses as well as access to vehicles like a limo with a minigun turret but, well, always read the small print. Rockstar explain:

“Joining an Organization as a Bodyguard has the advantage of delivering a periodic salary of GTA$5,000, as well as bringing in additional cash and RP for taking on VIP Work and VIP Challenges that occur within Freemode. However, any cash winnings earned by an employed Bodyguard while not working for the Organization (such as completing Freemode Events or other Freemode activities like Bounties or Hold Ups) goes to the VIP. Bodyguards also enjoy additional benefits including accelerated health regeneration, frequent RP bonuses and stat boosts when in the vicinity of the VIP.”

Always be wary of contracts stating that anything you do or create in your personal time becomes company property.

Also for high-rollers, the update adds new homes on stilts in the Vinewood Hills, new penthouse apartments, and flipping giant ‘super yachts’ upgradeable with a helipad and bar and hot tub and good grief I’ll never have one myself. Maybe… if I work extra hard for my VIP? I can climb that ladder, I know it.

I’ve just checked, and my GTA Online character has $101 (but a comfy leather jacket).

1. Belsameth says:

You can borrow a couple of mil from me… *not at all loanshark smile*

2. Perjoss says:

I can’t wait to finish work at my real job so I can go home and work for my digital fake boss.

Seriously though I think this could be a lot of fun, after all we do tons of tasks for lazy NPCs that stand around and ask us to go ‘collect 10 chicken lips’ so why not get these quests or missions from other players instead.

3. Reapy says:

I feel old, because I got into GTA online and I was just confused as all fuck how the game even worked. I didn’t get how to join in quick modes, people joined and left, the matches ended up empty, the free mode felt like I was basically paying arcade tokens every time I shot at anything.

It was just a confusing mess of what the hell should I be doing I sort of threw my hands up at it.

4. Turkey says:

Is GTA Online turning into a GTA SA roleplaying server now, or has it been like this since the beginning? I haven’t really kept up since my computer is too crappy to even run GTA V.

• Unclepauly says:

Wha? GTAV is one the best optimized open world games out there. It’ll run on almost anything when you lower settings.

• OscarWilde1854 says:

It may be optimized graphically, but it’s probably the worst “connection” based game I’ve ever played… Oh you want to join your friends match? Well we’ll leave this lobby you’re in, load the new lobby for 5 minutes, then inform you that lobby is full, and start loading a whole new lobby! 10 minutes later you end up in a lobby that’s probably empty and have to “find new session” and start the gambit over again.

And that’s just to free roam. Oh you and a friend played a Deathmatch together? Oh, it’s over now? Well I’ll put you both in separate sessions now since you clearly weren’t trying to play together, or anything…

Then you add heists with player limits, timers on events etc…

I imagine if you have enough ‘friends’ to fill an entire session you could probably have a great time, but trying to connect and play with one or two friends is usually such a pain in the ass it isn’t even worth it.

Keep in mind, connection speed is not the problem, nor is computer performance… it’s just the way they made their system.

Regardless, I still love this game. I’m just saying it’s far from perfect…

• DevilishEggs says:

What about a 5 year old laptop?

5. Siimon says:

Salary of $5,000? Not since I was level 3 did I think that was money worth doing anything for. I hope the VIP challenges pay out better.

• TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

It’s more like a friends thing i guess, everything you earn is boosted as long as you play togheter.

6. Faxanadu says:

So they’re making it into Just Cause 2 – Real Life Server?

I love FPS made into a more progressive game. (No, getting stars and ribbons and whatever isn’t progressive to me.) Something, where changes happen on a weekly, or even monthly scale, and where you have a big lot of people working for a common goal, against another big lot of people.

I just can’t hack a “shoot a guy yay you did it you were good great great… now do it again” format anymore. I need SOMETHING to keep me going. Just Cause 2 Real Life Server did this well. Huge map, factions competing in various ways, striking deals, deceptions, so much drama and rage…

7. Laurentius says:

Yeah, but let’s not forget the most important aspect of this update. You can finallly run barefoot!!! This is great. Also it should be important to you Alice with all your pond diving.

8. haldolium says:

I am still astonished that so many people keep playing this mess. I spent more time waiting for players and solving random connection and loading errors in GTA Online then actually playing the game.
    Then again, people also play DayZ all day long, guess half-assed games are just a nono when coming from Ubisoft or EA…

• Sabbatai says:

That YOU had issues is not indicative of the state of the game. The people playing it are not likely having such issues, or like you, they would be on RPS comments complaining about it.

Many people do have those issues, many do not.

As for half-assed games… again… the people playing them must be having a good time. Unity was fixed in short order and was a decent game. Syndicate is pretty amazing, gameplay-wise. EA’s Battlefront has more content than just about any other FPS out there and is doing very well. How much do they have to give you to not be “half-assing” it? Are all of their games so great? No. But name one studio that has nothing but great games under it’s umbrella.

People are so cynical these days and have nothing but the same negative opinions to offer this community and the industry that everyone else has already offered. It’s boring.

• 12345678901234567890 says:

lol really u think battle front has more content than any other fps and it literally has no campaign or space battles ur retarded bro

9. NephilimNexus says:

Thousands of EvE Online players collectively shrug.

• Karomsir says:

I just came to read this after going through themittani and eve24, so thanks for the laugh good sir!

10. racccoon says:

Shame they never placed this into the game at the beginning, as it was totally messed up & had no real purpose for multi play then, this is one subject I preached about and couldn’t understand why it wasn’t implemented given all the previous mods of past gta games. They seem to be a little slow minded at Rockstar, Even so..I still can’t be bothered re installing it.

11. HurrDUrr says:

You know, following Rockstar path on their DLC’s I can kind of predict what will the next one will be about – “Strippers and Hookers – work ‘dem streets”. You can either apply for a street “worker”/stripper, orm if you got enough cash in your wallet, become a “sugar daddy” and hire other players to earn cash for you, just like it’s happening with current DLC. And, of course, a new pimpmobile, some whips and cuffs, maybe a new gentlemans club as purchsable apartment.