Life Is Strange Finally Has A Demo On PC

Oh good grief, look, I’m out of ways to tell you I really like Life Is Strange [official site]. Go read its entry in the RPS Advent calendar. Or! A demo has finally arrived on PC, yonks after it hit consoles, letting all and sundry have a wee go at the time-travelling adventure. Head on over to Steam if you’re curious what I’m always banging on about.

The official word is that this is the same old demo seen on consoles, which had the first twenty or so minutes of the first episode (or the first full loop of time, if that means anything to you). I’ve said before that Episode 1 was kinda iffy, and that it took the series a while to find it’s feet, so I’m kinda disappointed by this. A slice of episode two or three might have shown more of what the game grew into like, but… ah, heck, it’s a demo and it’s nice and linear and simple and introduces and everything and if you dig this, hey, you’ll probably dig the full game. It is a very good game.

I think I’m 100% out of new things to say about Life Is Strange. It’s really good!

1. Frings says:

Not going to lie, I’m still kinda sad about the Life is Strange month not having had a lot of features here on RPS. :'( I was looking forward to hear you guys talking some more about it!

But yes, this game is great. A bunch of my friends have all played it – it’s actually kind of funny because it all started with one person being interested enough (and with enough money lying around on Steam Wallet) to try it out. He bought it, loved it, then gifted it to another friend, who then loved it so much they gifted it to another friend, and so on and so forth.

I’m pretty sure I’ve bought the full game for at least two people (and Episode 1 for another, making sure to stress how it was worth sticking with it if they were still unsure after it) – after getting it as a gift from a friend myself.

2. yogibbear says:

I took selfie. 11/10. Would selfie again.

3. golem09 says:

Is that trailer supposed to make me want to buy this?

• DanMan says:

SPARE SOME COIN ALREADY, WILL YA!?!

*cough*

I’ll see myself out.

4. Det. Bullock says:

I was never entirely sold on this so I’m happy to have a demo to try and see what the fuss is all about, downloading right now…

• Punde says:

I have an extra key for the whole episode 1 if you like the demo. Free of charge. Came with the Square Enix christmas surprise and I already have the whole game.

5. Drunk Si says:

It’s an alright enough story but personally I think the game is massively overrated for what it is.

• alms says:

“It’s just pixels.”

• Arkayjiya says:

No it’s not “over-rated”. At worse, you simply don’t like it. Please stop trying to invalidate the opinion of other’s people because that’s exactly what “overrated” means.

6. Stedios says:

My game of the year by a long country mile, I think being episodic made it even more appealing as the forums were alight after each episode released, Just as much fun reading peoples possible theories on each episode and where it was going.

7. somnolentsurfer says:

I fell in love with it the moment the opening credits started, so way less than 20 minutes in.