Batman: Arkham Knight DLC Wrapped Up

Merry Batmas!

Even Batman wants to simply kick back at Wayne Manor over Christmas in his Batdressing gown and Batslippers (they’re just hollowed-out flying foxes, I hear), so Rocksteady Studios have wrapped up Batman: Arkham Knight [official site] with a few days to spare. The final load of DLC is out today – and I do mean load. The core of it all is the ‘Season of Infamy: Most Wanted’ gubbins, four new missions starring big ole Batvillains, but there are also new gobs of challenge maps and costumes from movies and comics and things. Merry Batchristmas!

Right, so, those Season of Infamy missions will have Batman battling inside the pages of The Mad Hatter’s storybook, investigating an airship prison that contained Killer Croc, scrapping with Ra’s Al Ghul and the League of Assassins, and telling Mr. Freeze to “chill out” (I hope). Also out today for cash money are new combat and stealth challenge maps, the Batsuit from the The Dark Knight, a Batsuit from the Batman: Noel comic, the Batmobile from Batman: Arkham Asylum, and a Rocksteady-themed Batmobile skin. They’re sold separately or all in the DLC season pass (crumbs, that only costs £2 less than Arkham Knight itself!).

On the free-ish side, they’ve added a new Batsuit for people who reach 240% completion (however that works – don’t Batlook at me) plus new Harley and Red Hood skins for people who own other bits of DLC. I think that’s all of it?

As for the ongoing process of fixing Arkham Knight up from the state it first launched in, Rocksteady put out another patch last week. They’re more on polishing than overhauling now, it seems, as they’re confident enough about performance to bring changes like “Restored heavier rain during the opening section of the game.” Moody!

You can see a bit more of the DLC and stuff in this too:

Lars Westergren says:

I was hoping it was going to be included in the Steam sale but no luck. I don’t even care if the story is crap, if it has been patched into a playable state, I just want to explore that rainy gothic architecture and hunt for Riddler puzzles again.

• Mcshufts says:

link to cdkeys.com

£13.99 – if it runs well for you it is a brilliant game

Stompywitch says:

It’s really good. It definitely shows that it’s the fourth game in a series, the controls are getting a bit overwhelming, but it’s still well-polished, the fighting system is still fun, the metroidvania exploration still works.

The Bat-Tank gets a lot of play, you wind up having to think of it as a co-op partner for a lot of puzzles.

It’s just a damn shame about it’s launch state. It should have been remembered as the ending of a great series, but instead, it’ll be remembered for being a glitchy, buggy mess (On some systems).

2. Sinjun says:

With the TDK skin and Tumbler it’s the Batman game I’ve always wanted.

3. Crimsoneer says:

So I finally played this this week after pre-ordering it on sale, and it was actually rather excellent.

4. PikaBot says:

This game’s DLC strategy is really sad to me. Not only is the season pass EXORBITANTLY expensive, it feels like the challenges system from Arkham City has been gutted and parceled out as DLC. City had an incredibly robust set of challenges, which were combined together into campaigns and which you could customize. Arkham Knight has very few challenges, and most of the ones it does have feel very same-y. The only way you can customize them is by picking which character to play as.

I realize that this is super niche and almost nobody cares about Arkham challenges like I did, but I had a lot of fun and good times playing with Arkham City’s challenges, and Arkham Knight’s felt super flaccid by comparison.

5. Papageno says:

Yeah, it sounds like they really messed up the challenge maps in this new game, which they managed to get mostly right even in the much-maligned Arkham Origins. What a shame, since it’s the part of the game that you keep coming back to once you finish the story.

• PikaBot says:

Even in terms of pure number of challenges, it loses out to Arkham City – and that’s AFTER a ton of DLC. It’s just a lot less satisfying.

Also, for some reason they didn’t create animations for taking down Brutes for Catwoman, Batgirl, Harley, or Red Hood, so when you’re doing challenges as them you get three shield guys instead. Because everyone just loves fighting those shield guys. With characters who (apart from Batgirl) can’t break weapons. Sigh.

Ninja Dodo says:

Wow, 40 euros for the DLC? I’m not usually one to complain about pricing, but between the broken launch and the real possibility that this game won’t even work on your PC I think I’ll wait for a goty-edition sale in a year or so, or possibly play it on console when I eventually buy a PS4.

• PikaBot says:

To be fair, it IS an awful lot of DLC.

To be really fair, though…it’s not forty bucks worth, Jesus christ.

• Vandelay says:

I shall be getting a PS4 for Christmas along with a copy of it for £20 (not GotY, obviously, but Day One edition, whatever that means.)

No way I would be risking the PC version, unless I had a powerful computer to just brute force it.