Xenomorph And Leatherface In Mortal Kombat X DLC

They mostly come at night. Mostly. They also sometimes come when the realms align for mystical martial arts tournaments.

Continuing their romp across every fictional universe, those face-hugging, chest-bursting Aliens are joining the Mortal Kombat X [official site] melee in DLC. Given that Predator is already in MKX as DLC, you’ll be able to relive teenage arguments. And pit them against Leatherface. Or Jason Vorhees. I’m oddly fond of games adding wacky extras as DLC. Heck, throw in musicians signed to Warner Bros. too. I’d certainly go for Goro tearing the arms off Linkin Park.

WB announced the Kombat Pack 2 in December, for release in 2016, but it only comes to my attention today with a trailer showing silly showdowns:

Yes, that is Leatherface out The Texas Chain Saw Massacre too. He’s looking a lot lighter on his feet here. Also coming in the DLC are Bo Rai Cho, who’s a returning Kombatant, and Tri-Borg, who combines MK cyborgs Cyrax, Sektor, and Robot Smoke.

But why stop here? WB’s entertaining arms certainly give them easy access to many people. Putting in DC Comics characters would be too easy, really, so how about Daniel Radcliffe’s Harry Potter vs. Conor Maynard? Ocean’s Thirteen (a composite character calling in different members of the Thirteen for each move) in a fight to the death with Cher (OBVIOUSLY CHER WINS). 2 Broke Girls kicking the shins of The Iron Giant. Scooby-Doo vs. The Hangover. Let’s Saltybet this right up.

I just want to see Liu Kang bicycle-kicking Michael Bublé onto a spike.

1. HothMonster says:

What is with the arm blades? The xenomorph wasn’t deadly enough already?

Phasma Felis says:

I’m guessing it’s gonna turn out that [some wizard] crossbred the Xenomorph with Baraka’s people to create the ULTIMATE FIGHTING MACHINE.

Alien canon is full of people trying to crossbreed Xenomorphs with Predators, humans, and anything else, so it’s really not out of character. I can see why the devs would want to make this more than just a standard drone; a single Predator could slaughter them by the dozens.

• Sabbatai says:

The first trailer clearly shows Baraka, or one of his race with a chest burster popping out of his chest.

No wizardy involved. It is canon that the xenomorph takes on characteristics of its host.

• Uninteresting Curse File Implement says:

Someone needs to pull a Star Wars on the alien universe, making everything but the first, and perhaps the second movie obsolete, because damn.

• E_FD says:

It’s so they can reuse moves/animations from the unfinished Baraka that’s already in the game (and playable in the PC version via mods).

2. pepperfez says:

Mortal Kombat is so, so dumb.
    I really respect it.

3. BockoPower says:

At this point WB have two options- create a Celebrity Deathmatch game or really import all their products in MK. Tho I see they are going the second route. Evil Bugs Bunny vs Neo or Free Willy vs Godzilla won’t be a dream anymore…

4. SMGreer says:

That is one of the worst looking “re-designs” of the Alien I think I’ve ever seen. It’s just so cheap looking. And even the SFX are all wrong.

• LionsPhil says:

It looks far too humanoid, which is kind of hilarious when you consider the origin was actually a dude in a suit, and this has the full freedom of computer graphics to need to allow for an actor inside.

• BLACKOUT-MK2 says:

Though you’ve got to remember, game balance plays an equally, if not more important role. It’s a fighting game, and hitboxes are very important. If the Alien walks low on all fours, or has a really long head, it gets incredibly complicated from a gameplay-standpoint. Case in point see Yoda from Soul Calibur IV; he kept his small stature and as such was practically invulnerable to all high attacks, and he was incredibly cheap as a result.

• Sabbatai says:

I think it looks exactly like what a Baraka/Tarkatan hosted xenomorph should.

The “sfx”…look pretty good to me. This isn’t your daddy’s xenomorph.

The Xenomorph and everything else H.R. Giger touched are sacred to me. I own two paintings (not prints or lithographs) of his which I paid a pretty penny for. I own a signed copy of Darkseed. I’m a fan.

The developers have done alright by me here. I’d be interested in your specific issues with the character.

5. geldonyetich says:

Uwe Boll would be an interesting addition… except he’s clearly overpowered.

• Turkey says:

And they don’t own the rights to Richard Kyanka, so I wouldn’t be able to recreate my dream fight.

6. unit 3000-21 says:

WB huh? Guess they didn’t include Wayne Coyne just because he was way OP, with his power of love and understanding your place in the universe.

7. Bishop149 says:

Ugg the Xenomorph looks awful.
    It also moves around walking fully upright exactly like a human, looks wrong wrong wrong. But then I guess they didn’t want to redo their basic skeleton for one non-human fighter. Just drop an Alien skin over a human skeleton. Cool idea, very very badly executed

8. andu says: