Her Story & Roundabout In FMV-tastic Humble Bundle

$5 for Her Story and Roundabout is a right bargain, so I’d heartily recommend the full motion video-tastic latest Humble Weekly Bundle for those alone. Her Story’s a crime mystery told through recordings of interview footage (see its Advent calendar entry, Adam’s Wot I Think, and our spoiler-filled discussion), while Roundabout is a delightful driving game with a constantly-revolving limousine and a charming silly story filled with FMV and stock footage (check out our Wot I Think). Good games!

On top of those two, the bundle also offers another eight FMV-laden games, including loads of futuregumshoe Tex Murphy. Not too shabby! Well, Tex himself is shabby. That trenchcoat must smell like a dead dog by now. The bundle’s good, I mean.

It’s the usual Humble pay-what-you-want tiered bundle deal. The base bundle offers the crowdfunded revival Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure, along with the vintage Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum, Tex Murphy: Mean Streets, Tex Murphy: Overseer, Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive, and Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, plus ’90s interactive movies The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour Pack, and the grim, gritty first episode of Missing: An Interactive Thriller.

Pay at least $5 and you’ll get Roundabout and Her Story on top of those. $5! Bargain.

All offer Steam keys and are on Windows, while some variously are on Mac and Linux and come DRM-free – check the small print if that matters to you.

The bundle will be sold until Thursday.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. BooleanBob says:

What an ham-azing deal!

2. Tinotoin says:

I do think Her Story would be infinitely better on an actual keyboard – but I shall have to slum it and get it on my tablet, otherwise an 8 hour flight tomorrow may be awfully dull.

• Ooops says:

Just so you know, Her Story takes about 2-3 hours to “complete”. Be sure to have another game/movie ready or you’ll still end up with a partly boring flight.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Unless Tin really gets into that puzzle mini-game on the desktop.

gritz says:

Pay what you want for EVERY tex murphy game is incredible.

4. RCoon says:

I loved each and every cut scene in Roundabout, but couldn’t stand the core gameplay. I still found it kinda worth the price for the great FMV footage

• tehfish says:

I’ve only read reviews on it, but that has kind of been my impression on it to.

I just do not get the core concept at all, with a whoosh like a 747 flying above my head :D A constantly rotating limo? I just don’t get it…

Now, No goblin’s other game of 100ft robot golf, that is my kind of silliness in one :)

DelrueOfDetroit says:

The limousine aspect is kind of out of left field but the gameplay itself is based on a Japanese game series called Kuru Kuru Kururin where you literally played as a spinning stick.

• Unclepauly says:

Other way around for me, I liked the gameplay but the FMV skeeved me jimmies. Not that I have any prejudice to anything, I think it was over the top acting and the close-ups.

heretic says:

I did what Tom Francis suggested with Her Story – got my family together and we played through it at Christmas, it worked really well!