So here’s a short puzzle game based on recent real-life events: Find the cucumber.
That isn’t an innuendo. I lost two slices of cucumber while on a flight and am now accepting solutions to the problem of what happened.
Here are the case details as I recall them:
1. I decided to try to improve my airline experience by making it more like a spa.
2. By which I mean: I took the two slices of cucumber from my in-flight meal salad and decided to use them as an eye mask as I slept.
3. To keep them in place I tucked them into the sleep mask the airline provided.
4. The sleep I got was terrible and I kept waking up and feeling cold wet cucumber against my eyes.
5. Eventually it was breakfast time so my partner woke me up.
6. I got confused and panicked that I couldn’t see and ended up scrabbling at the sleep mask until it eventually pinged backwards over the top of my head.
7. The only thing which stopped it being properly airborne was that the elastic strap was tangled in my hair.
8. I then napped a bit longer.
9. Suddenly I woke. “Where is the cucumber?” I asked of my partner.
10. “You’re having a dream, sweetie – it’s okay,” he said.
11. “No really. Where the hell is the cucumber?”
12. I do not like cucumber. It makes me feel incredibly sick when I eat it so I am certain I had not eaten it.
13. It was not in my blanket, down my bra, or anywhere on our row of seats.
14. There is a significant chance it might have catapulted down the plane.
15. But surely you would make some kind of surprised loud noise if two cucumber slices landed on you out of nowhere on a plane.
16. There was no noise.
So where the hell is the cucumber?