I don’t need reassurance, but I do appreciate that Superhot [official site] recognises how cool my murders are. “SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT” declares the narrator after I dodge bullets, blast my own, hurl empty guns at enemies’ faces, take down a dozen attackers, then walk away without a scratch and yeah, thanks, I know.

The full commercial release of the super cool time-slowing FPS is almost here. Prick your finger, draw a bloody circle on your calendar around February 25th, then pop your owie in your mouth and suck while watching this new trailer:

That “time moves only when you move” tagline isn’t true, mind. As Pip and I got into, time does crawl on at a slow pace. Superhot’s an FPS which prizes positioning, awareness, and planning over aiming, see. You’ll always have time to line up that headshot–and one hit kills, anyway–but can you see how to dodge the three bullets currently flying towards you while reaching a new weapon before yours runs dry?

The commercial Superhot builds on the original free game jam game with melee attacks, more weapons, a full campaign, and a hefty slap of prettiness. Heck, probably what most excites me is being able to throw things other than guns, making for even cooler chains of cool murders.

Do check out what Graham made of the beta build he played last year. You can still play the prototype from 2013 if you have a Unity-friendly browser (not Chrome).

Superhot is coming to Windows, Mac, and Linux. If I side-step left and right all day, will February 25th get here sooner?

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Cerzi says:

Really looking forward to playing this in VR. Watching life undulate around you as you move your head about sounds appropriately reality-bending.

As for the game itself, I think it was the story (and presentation of that story) that impressed me almost as much as the core concept.

2. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Woo, can’t wait, been looking forward to this for a while now. SUPER HOT SUPER HOT

3. Darth Gangrel says:

“hurl empty guns at enemies’ faces” This, more than almost anything, is making me look forward to playing Superhot. Something almost all movies and games forget is that an empty gun can still be used as a weapon. Some games now have melee attacks, where you or the enemy can bash the gun in someone’s face and that’s great, but an empty gun can do more, e.g. work as a throwable weapon.

• Voidlight says:

Ever played Hotline Miami? Your character throws guns like Tom Brady throws interceptions.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

For the Brits who did not understand that reference, here is an alternative just for you:

“Your character throws guns like the Duke of Hampfordshire throws the most fabulous balls worthy of a King.”

4. Hmm-Hmm. says:

The demo was pretty great. Now I’ll have to see how hot the final game actually is.

nicoper says:

That’ll pretty much be an insta-buy.

6. Xzi says:

Even if I hadn’t heard of this game at all before now, that trailer would have sold me on it instantly.

Granted, the game is also available on “normal” screens, but the final product might be the closest thing we have to a killer app in VR right now, as well.

7. Turkey says:

Not that it needs it, but is there some kind of cohesion to the levels like a campaign or something or is it just a list of cool scenarios?

• RobF says:

It’s sort of both. It’s a bunch of cool scenarios that fit into a campaign. Like you’re being given snapshots of the story but there’s gaps inbetween where the action isn’t.

I thought it worked surprisingly well.

8. Legion1183 says:

Game looks awesome although it sounds like it could get really annoying, really qui…SUPER HOT SUPER HOT!

…As I was saying, it could get annoying really quickly. SUPER HOT SUPER HOT – I KNOW SHUT UP ALREADY!

9. Phasma Felis says:

I am so happy that there are multiple games under “cool murders.”

10. immaletufinishbut says:

Them boys know how to make some trailers.