What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

It’s Love Weekend! Are you loved? Do you love? Are you in love? You had ruddy well better, or The Man will come round – yes, The Man checks – and put you on his list. Do you adore life? You had better, or it’ll be me knocking on your door. If you’re playing video games (and why not? they are such fine things!) you had flipping well better Love them. Yes, capital-L Love. Tell us: what are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re into:

Adam: I’m determined to finish Firewatch. I started playing a mid-week but haven’t had time to make a great deal of progress. For the first few minutes, I was worried that I was going to be spending time in the company of – even PLAYING as – an irritating man who I wouldn’t invite to one of my cool parties. Then I realised I’m just slightly startled by sincerity and this guy actually seems quite lovely. I hope he doesn’t burn to death.
Alec: I’m going to play Firewatch because it’s the important game about feelings and beautiful illustration and trees and things and games are art and all that. That’s what I’m telling myself, anyway. What’s actually going to happen is that I will stay up until 2am playing XCOM 2 every night, then rail against perceived cosmic injustice when an over-excited and frighteningly hungry toddler wakes me at 7am.
Alice: Cara and I are down in London this weekend to DJ at a thing. My only firm plan is to return to the Ladies Pond (which has annexed the Mixed Pond during dam works – we even claimed it by sticking up a mermaid plaque) but I do have my laptop so I’ll surely end up playing Firewatch or XCOM 2 on the train. It’ll be XCOM 2, won’t it. I’ll create a Cara then make her watch as a snake eats her. (My Pip is doing very well for herself.)
Graham: This weekend I will be playing the Firewatch and the XCOM 2, because that’s what everyone will be playing. In between I will be playing the “which screw is that a drawing of” game as I continue to build all the world’s furniture.
John: [John is, as ever, wild, loose, and at large. We tried to fit him with a tracking tag this week, like an endangered eagle, but he pecked Graham’s head until we had to let him go. Please send in your sightings!

Reader ‘moms’ was playing American Truck Simulator last week when…Oh yeah, I think I saw John at one of the dispensaries I delivered to. Snapped a picture with my dash-cam (see close up in lower right corner.) I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. Check it out, and decide for yourself.“]

Philippa: This weekend I will be leaving my PC running and asking Cara to switch Alice’s off so I can win at Cookie Clicker.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

From this site

1. lowprices says:

Despite the hardships of a full-time job, several loved ones having birthdays to celebrate, and generally feeling under the weather, I’ve still managed to find time to play 16 hours of XCOM 2 this week.

This weekend it’s my birthday, so my selfish little brother has selfishly come from London to visit, and I’m going to have much less XCOM 2 time as a result of his selfishness, but I won’t let that stop me.

2. Carra says:

Still busy with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

• welverin says:

I actually forced myself to start that earlier in the week, so maybe now I’ll get into it.

AS usual I’ll as get some TF2 and maybe Evolve in.

3. Pich says:

Dragon’s Dogma, i wish other games had combat with huge monsters done so well.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I wish more games let you just heave your escort missions escort over your shoulder. Don’t feel like jumping off this cliff edge? Too bad, you’re coming with me!

Risingson says:

Just began “Life is Strange”. What an emotional punch this game is: it’s being a very very long time since a game asked you so much for your empathy, not only to understand the main character but also the rest of them. It’s so very well written, so so very well that it even scares me. Also: exploration and narration. If challenge-lite games are so generous with that, they just work.

Because the same thing happens with “Random Access Memories”, a generous game that is not as redundance-heavy as Snatcher/Policenauts but recalls those games perfectly. It recalls the entire scifi genre. So I am with both games, both theorically aimed at a different age, but games that ask you to understand, to watch, accept and feel.

So I am putting Skyrim aside this weekend.

• Quagkapi says:

I just finished Life Is Strange last week, and you are in for an absolute treat. I would encourage everyone to pick it up – not at all my usual fare, but several RPS posts convinced me last year, and it turned out to be one of the most surprising and wonderful gaming experiences I’ve had, and probably the most emotional by some distance.

Risingson says:

You know what I found funny? Pip actually talked about the game only in the way it talked about herself in the posts she talked about it, but the game is not about being a realistic portrait of a teenager or about a nostalgia trip: it’s about getting emotions. It’s a non existant school in a fictional town with idealized relationships… Mostly about recreating that weird Donnie Darko sense of melancholy and doom you have when you don’t have a clue of what you are going to do as an adult, and life is pushing you forward to it.

And I *love* how it treats the adult characters. Because that is the part when the game screams “unreliable narrator”, and you can see some cracks where Max, well, is a bit paranoid about other’s motivations.

• Quagkapi says:

Yeah, the unreliable narrator bit is a good point. I love how young adult fiction often treats adults (like this): supposedly in control but, when it’s important, apparently completely without control and distressingly ineffective. Which leads to a fantastic young sense of needing to sort the world out for them, on your own. Which leads to great adventure.

It’s certainly idealised in lots of ways, but I do think one of the central themes is nostalgia: evoking Buffy, Twin Peaks, Veronica Mars and many other shows besides a small high-school/college setting, hanging out with friends, and with photos and posters and graffiti everywhere, will do that. Just being in the classrooms was nostalgic.

But above all emotion, as you say.

My biggest disagreement with RPS over this is the wall art (posters, photos, etc.), which I thought was perfect; I’d much rather what we got, over photorealism.

5. dangermouse76 says:

I am continuing my Fallout out 4 run with maxed luck/charisma/and agility. Strength perception etc all dumped.This run is a main quest line, desperate mother looking for answers quick.
    She can carry only 2 guns and 2 rifles, I have a bandolier for grenades as well. She can carry stimpacks and 2 water but nothing else. Proving to be a good laugh in the moment by moment play.

Still not convinced by the story telling.I cant put my finger on it, they seem to have tried to write a tighter,focused narrative but instead it feels alienated from the world around it.
    My next run is a no main quest line existence not sure on stats for that one I never go melee so maybe that.

• Imbecile says:

I think oddly that the writing is better, but the plotting and quest/faction design was a bit of an issue.

mild spoilers:

I felt that there wasnt much nuance about siding with the various factions. They all seem to involve wiping out the other factions for no good reason. The painted all the factions slightly grey, but then seemed to throw that out the window in order to get a simple resolution for each faction. Maybe they wanted to feel like your faction was the clear winner, but I just ended up thinking they were all arseholes, and the only way I could complete the game was by arbitrarily picking a faction.

• dangermouse76 says:

I agree I think the writing was an improvement over 3 in terms of conversational dialogue. But the way the story ties the faction interactions together feel a little hollow and … well polarised.

I’m not getting the sense of history of the factions in quite the same way as NV or even 3. Maybe I have to dig a little deeper. It feels like a veneer of depth that doesn’t quite hide the shallowness of the factions in reality.

Having said that I am still enjoying the moment to moment game play, and if anything am roleplaying harder than ever.

• fish99 says:

***Spoilers***

I’m not sure what they were going for with the F3 story. I guess they were trying to copy New Vegas, but they failed to make the factions interesting. The Institue are dull and clinical, the Railroad are dry and dull, the Brotherhood are arrogant and dull, and the Minutemen are just dull. In the end the game becomes ‘pick a winner based on which other faction you want to kill the least’. None of the endings feel justified.

I chose the Railroad because there were hints the Institute were planning to blow up Boston, but it turns out they actually weren’t. It’s also weird the way you get put in charge of the Institute but have no influence over what they do.

• Tacroy says:

It’s really weird how they have an open-world goof-off environment but put in an incredibly urgent plot. It’s almost like there were two different teams with different visions for what the game should be.

• dangermouse76 says:

Spoilers ……………Fallout 4 !

It weird as well that the plot wants to push you along like that. I went straight to the Railroad after visiting the glowing sea and joined them. I felt they could help. But then the dialogue really focuses around them and what a warrior I am.

My own dialogue keeps none of that urgency I had when I met Kellogg or when I first left the vault. I still just want to find my son and it’s hard to convey that conversationally once you join a group. That breaks it a bit for me. My urgency is taken from me it would have been a nice option to play on.

I accept that the railroad has bigger fish to fry than little old me and my problems…..but they would have nothing without me either.

6. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

XCOM 2222222222222222222! It is great, I am terrible. 15 hours in and only just beat that first target site. Have seen the timer twice already, barely stretched out of Africa and lost so so many soldiers. I nearly started again. But the tide is turning, I’ve got magnetic weapons and warden armour, plasma rifles are researched and I can pack 6 units at a time in the dropship. Vive la resistance!

caff says:

I’m trying to imagine the advance in tech and what XCOM 222222222222 would look like.

7. GameCat says:

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed.

I knew it’s a good game, but I didn’t knew it’s THAT good. *_*

• Agnosticus says:

Thanks for the reminder, rewishlisted it just now ;)

• GameCat says:

It’s probably the best kart game ever made (yes, even better than your fauvorite Mario Kart). The amount of polish there is just outrageous. It’s a pretty game to play and look at. With 4 player split-screen (you can even join the online race like that! it’s nuts!) it’s just a must have and there’s no excuse to not buying it. :)

• LionsPhil says:

It’s also packed full of joy and colours and energetic music, which is such a pleasant change from REAL IS BROWN, even if we’re mmmostly out of the worst of that phase by now.

Also: that track with the airship battle. Other racing games wish they had courses that dynamic.

• GameCat says:

Yup, the Skies of Arcadia track is really beautiful.

And DLC with Outrun Bay track makes me angry that SEGA didn’t commanded Sumo Digital to make another Outrun game…
            It’s about a time.

8. SoundDust says:

XCOM 2 it is. Still on my first playthrough on Veteran difficulty. I’ve resisted looking at any tips so it’s been a bit of a tough ride.. High point (or low point) has been sending 5 Rookies to do a difficult mission, and having one come back alive. Damn aliens, spawning on my evac site..

This might also be the weekend I get started on Psychonauts.

• SoundDust says:

The XCOM games, great as they are, do make me wish there was a decent update of Jagged Alliance around. Customizable soldiers are cool, but ones with a little personality would be even better..

• Keios says:

I reckon we’ll be seeing an XCOM 2 total conversion mod to make it into a Jagged Alliance game by the end of the year.

caff says:

Rocket league. Rocket league. Rocket league. Rocket league. Rocket league. Rocket league. Rocket league. Rocket league.

Bit of XCOM 2.

Oh and I keep going back to Darkest Dungeon.

• lowprices says:

I ended up bouncing off Darkest Dungeon because, I think, there’s no failure condition like XCOM. I had a disastrous couple of missions and lost most of my stable of heroes, which meant having to train a load of newbies up from scratch. Since my two remaining higher level heroes were refusing to go on most missions, I couldn’t even babysit them through slightly tougher quests to speed things up. Whereas in XCOM or, say, a roguelike, that sort of disaster would generally put me into a tailspin and finish me off fairly quickly, in DD there was just a long, slow grind ahead.

Which is a shame, because I adore the grim melodrama of the game’s presentation.

10. Agnosticus says:

Mainly Dying Light the Following, hoping to clear out one of those volatile nests, killed me serveral time so far, but I guess adding some flares and UV light will do the trick.

Also I’ve rediscovered Ori and the Blind Forest and I’m plaing to finish it now. It’s just gorgeous!

And last some Season 2 rocketleaguein’ of course ;)

11. Haplo says:

Civ V and Black Closet.

I tried Black Closet out last night, not really intending to play more than 20 minutes of it, and ended up putting two hours into it.

12. Joasto says:

This weekend will consist of XCOM Enemy Unknown, with a bit of Siege thrown in the mix! Being new to the series, I want to finish both XCOM Enemy Unknown and then do an XCOM Enemy Within campaign before throwing myself at XCOM2 :)

• Immobile Piper says:

Enemy Within adds a bunch of distractions to early-mid tech tree, but it’s fun and mostly the same as Enemy Unknown. I did play EU around 40-60h before switching to EW, but in retrospect I’d have liked to switch a lot earlier.

• JonWood says:

I’ll second the Immobile Piper above and reccomend just jumping straight into EW, it’s EU as it should have been on release.

I’ll also say you only really need to play half of EW to set yourself up for XCom 2 according to the new canon ;)

13. melnificent says:

Mainly oh god, why didn’t I get a valentines gift for OH already. Followed by Xcom 2 and ESO.

14. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Still playing Medieval 2 Total War.

This week I downloaded and started playing SWTOR for the first time. Probably because of the StarWars nostalgia playing up. It’s quite.. depressing to me. It really should have been a single-player or regular multiplayer) rpg, as others have argued. The freemium model doesn’t do it any good, either. Because when you start to withold necessities like actionbars you’ve lost me. Wondering how long I’ll continue before getting so fed up that I’ll uninstall. Probably not too long. Just a shame about its’ potential.

And should I uninstall SWTOR this weekend, maybe I’ll pick up something else. Maybe play some more Frozen Synapse.

• malkav11 says:

They really just want you to subscribe to SWTOR, I think. The freemium restrictions aren’t as ridiculous as they used to be and things like action bar limits can be bought off without too much fuss, but there’s some stuff like being able to rez in place that are inexplicably reserved entirely for subscribers or only available to freemium players in insanely expensive consumable packs.

That said, I think it’s worth subscribing long enough to check out a couple of the better class stories and maybe the new expansion content that’s supposedly almost KOTOR in structure.

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

I understand what they’re trying to do. I also don’t think it’s a bad game. I’d just really prefer a different business model (or game concept, depending on what we’re talking about). Also, freemium models like that just tick me off.

WoW, which has an equally terrible method of monetisation (aka: just pay for everything already) didn’t cause that reaction because I wanted it enough to overlook what it was. Of course, back then it wasn’t as bad as it is now.

• Unsheep says:

SWTOR should have been a single-player game in my opinion, because the different campaigns are done so well; with the storyline, narration and characters. This to me is a rare thing in MMOs.

However I still think the free mode is better than nothing, simply because of how well they have made the campaigns.

• malkav11 says:

The flipside is that while we could conceivably have gotten a KOTOR 3 as a singleplayer game, I can’t imagine we would ever have gotten to play smugglers or troopers in it, much less any of the Sith Empire classes. It’s only the scope of an MMO that gets us both sides of the war and non-Jedi stories.

15. Anthile says:

DOOM.

16. Ufofighter says:

XCOm 2 Legendary Ironman.

17. SuperDion says:

Finally convinced my girlfriend to play portal 2 with me.
    I’ll also be checking out cookie clicker

Plundermot says:

I was planning on struggling to decide between XCOM 2 and Rise of the Tomb Raider, but an invitation to the Overwatch beta ended that dilemma. I played it briefly at BlizzCon in 2014 and it’s just as much fun as I remember.

Ninja Dodo says:

I’ve been playing some Arkham Origins. It has some problems, a few design choices I’m not keen on (too many Quick Time Events plus hyper-linear boss fights, though that problem is not unique to Origins) but mostly the things that are good about it are the things that were good about the other games and it has a couple of neat ideas of its own: remote claw + gargoyles, shock gloves, crimes in progress… the detective scenes not as much as the game does everything for you, so you never get the sense that you’re really solving anything. It does feel though that in dropping the more exaggerated art style the “Batman doesn’t kill” rule is stretched rather thin, and this ostensibly continues in Arkham Knight (link to gamesradar.com), with all the skull fractures and head-stomping and electrocutions and whatnot, veering off a bit into the uncomfortably sadistic. The simplistic justice by punching premise of Batman doesn’t really work in a more realistic setting without a touch of nuance a la Nolan…

20. sillythings says:

Further making my way deeper into The Evil Within. Just finished Chapter 9. Maybe it’s that the story is finally starting to rear its ugly head, or just the extraordinary visuals and designs in that chapter, but my appreciation for the game definitely is growing even more. Realizing the meaning/story behind a creature that showed up earlier in the game definitely was a great experience, too.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

The Evil Within is such a good game. My favourite level was the part with the invisible monsters and you have to wait with your gun drawn for some indication of where the enemy is.

• Unsheep says:

The visual design or artwork in that game was fantastic, it was like an homage to classic horror films and classic horror games. I also really liked how tough the game was.

The NG+ run was a lot of fun as well. I wish more games would have an NG+ mode, its such a nice and cool thing to add to a game.

21. Imbecile says:

Having finished Divinity Original Sin, I’m carrying on with Darkest Dungeon. Dont know what the issue was with corpses sticking around – it makes total sense, and the damage over time effects are more useful now too. Its still great, though perhaps stretched out a little too much. Also Rocket League. Always rocket league – but with a smattering of Rainbow six maybe.

Yyve says:

XCOM 2 for me mostly, trying to get better at the game so my friends don’t audibly facepalm over mumble while watching me over steam. Some modded Minecraft for light relief after I ragequit again.

23. aircool says:

I’ll be trying to take a break from XCOM 2. So I’ll be playing XCOM 2.

particlese says:

Last week I finally got around to soldering a wire across a blown diode in my xbox360 wireless controller receiver, and it worked like a charm. Probably a fire code violating charm, but a charm nonetheless. Now that I have analog controls, I can listen to Pixel Galaxy’s music in-game for slightly longer — always a good thing.

Aside from that: Elder Scrolls Online! Last night someone accidentally said “a” in zone chat (in between their guild ads), to which I responded “b”, and then the rest of the alphabet ensued, largely without my help. Also, “lmno” is apparently a letter of the alphabet.

particlese says:

My kingdom for an edit button!
      I meant “fuse”; not “diode”. Shorting a diode would have been a terrible idea.

25. malkav11 says:

I’d dearly love to be playing Firewatch, but my map is unusable – completely black like there’s a texture missing – so it’s not really playable. While I wait for a patch (or perhaps newer nVidia drivers, you never know), I have one or two other things to occupy me.

Like Rise of the Tomb Raider. Got the prologue in Syria out of the way (pretty sure, at least) but that was as far as I got last week. This weekend I’d like to get further stuck in. I really enjoyed the 2013 entry in the series and this seems like more of that but better.

I will probably also drive some trucks around diorama America in American Truck Simulator, now that I’ve modded the ridiculously punishing fine system down to something that still stings but won’t cost me my entire pay from the job for two or three accidental violations arbitrarily enforced. Much praise has been given to these games’ use of radio streams from the appropriate areas, but I think it’s a great podcast game and am listening to those instead.

Plus I picked Mad Max back up and got hooked on that again, would like to get a few of the Ardor Day bonuses in Hex: Shards of Fate, and am once again thoroughly enjoying my time with The Secret World (now with dungeon finder and more benefits to my lifetime subscription). And I should probably actually use the SWTOR subscription I’m paying for, come to that.

26. shocked says:

For the first time Banished with the Colonial Charter Mod. Only read about it, looks great!

27. Henson says:

Pillars of Eternity. It hasn’t quite grabbed me yet, even as far in as I am. I can’t quite put my finger on why it’s not connecting yet; so far, the main thing is a bunch of small annoyances, like how my attempts at roleplaying clash with some of the forced dialogue choices, or how my Perception stat somehow doesn’t detect traps or secret stashes. Or how my character seems to remember and understand the relevance of plot details before I do. Sometimes I think I should start a new character and try to play again with a better understanding of how things work.

28. fish99 says:

I’m likely to be playing a mix of American Truck Sim, EDF 4.1 (2nd map pack), Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, and probably a bit of Diablo 3.

I do seem to have seen everything in ATS in about 25 hrs which is a lot quicker than it took in ETS2 (pre-DLCs). I’m mainly playing it now to get the final engine upgrade which is artificially locked behind reaching level 18.

29. Frank V. says:

I’m with Alec, I’ll be playing xcom 2 and then having my toddler (& wife) wake me up early. Need toddler to learn how to play games thus I can play games with her!

30. GWOP says:

His list of people to turn into animals?

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I have until next Friday off from work so I have a long weekend indeed.

Most definitely play some more XCOM 2. Still earning my sea-legs on my first Rookie playthrough. I know I’m enjoying it a lot more than I would be by stressing myself out on a higher difficulty. It’s kind of like GI Joes only once in a while a Joe bites it.

I have $20 in my Steam wallet after someone bought my Team
    Fortress 2 Horace hat so the question is do I get Firewatch for nothing or do I get The Witness at half price?

• JonWood says:

You sold your Horace hat? Now some heretic who doesn’t believe in Horace’s unending length can infiltrate Castle Shotgun.

The downfall of PC gaming will be on you good sir.

32. Urthman says:

Hoping my daughters will have time to sit down together Sunday and help me figure out some more puzzles in The Witness.

33. geldonyetich says:

Theoretically, there are games other than X-Com 2 out there, but they have all been last in the haze of battle, the screams of rookies departing this mortal coil, and save-scumming until my hard drive blackens in shame.

34. gpown says:

I’ve been playing XCOM 2, took a break during the final mission, and now it crashes when I try to load it. Too lazy to repeat the whole first hour of it.

zinzan says:

Playing a game of “Smuggle Valentine’s Day presents into house”; made very difficult by the Hi Lvl “suspicious wife” and her minion daughters. :)
    PC Combat mission – 6 games 1 PBeM turn each every 12 hours or so!

36. Von Uber says:

Mainly rise of the tomb raider. It’s pretty much an improved and refined version of the previous game (with less QTE’s thank god) which is fine by me. Thoroughly enjoying it (even though the plot is bobbins).
    Real system beater though, finally had to bite the bullet and upgrade to a 970 to play it.

37. Pizzacheeks McFroogleburgher says:

I returned to hotline Miami last night, more for me tonight. It’s just astonishingly good. So, so tight.. Mesmeric, trance inducing perfection.

38. Ejia says:

I seem to have gotten over my dislike for hex tiles, but only for Civ V, so I’ll be playing that.

39. MithrilWomble says:

In a fit of middle age madness, I downloaded League of Legends. I hope to be making at least $50,000 a week at all the tournaments I’m sure to be invited to once I master this game in a hour or two.

40. rahji says:

Still binding of isaac afterbirth. I somehow managed to kill all bosses except mega satan with the lost. Mega satan is definitly a hard one. I already stood at the big door with decent items but i got curse of the blind and picked up dr fetus which destroyed my run. Losing never felt so bitter.

41. Immobile Piper says:

XCOM Enemy Within on Classic/Savescum with some solo’d Darkest Night on tabletop.

I’ve played about 80h of Classic/Ironman intermittently, but having seen Ethereals maybe twice I decided to just see what the campaign has to offer. I do let the occasional squaddie die, but otherwise I’m keeping my A-team alive with mission restarts as necessary. It’s been fun and I’ve gotten plenty of pointers for my next Ironman run just from playing this.

42. LizardGenes says:

Replaying Thief: The Dark Project on hard. Getting out of places I’ve snuck into is fun. Am still playing Phantom Pain (on Xbox 360), but have a bit of an opening now to start something from my backlog. It’s either Full Throttle or Technobabylon. Which would you go for?

• gabrielonuris says:

Full Throttle is my favorite point and click adventure, I’ll recommend that first.

I like Technobabylon too, I love point and click adventures, but I think FT is the only game from this genre which has actually logical puzzles, instead of challenging you with “impossible” combinations (I’m looking at you, The Dig).

• LizardGenes says:

Thanks for the advice! I’m periodically working my way through LucasArts’ point and click games, which I never played until now. Loved Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max: Hit the Road, so I’m sure Full Throttle will be a blast.

• LionsPhil says:

Second this hard, although FT does have an absolute stinker later into the game. For the most part, though, yeah; great puzzle design.

43. Unsheep says:

Saturday:
    Grid Autosport, continuing my mission to win everything.

Sebastien Loeb Rally, actually enjoying this more than Dirt Rally.
    It has accurate real-life stages and challenging physics. The game is extra fun if you are a fan of Loeb, which I am, I think he is the best rally driver of all time.

Sunday:
    Serpent in the Staglands, awesome indie game in cRPG style.
    Dead State, trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.

44. daggerbite says:

I’ve managed a few hours of XCOM2, but I’ve also started faffing about with some quick and dirty video editing. The ‘stability’ of xcom 2 whilst trying to record is hilarious…

The Beast Squad is pushing forward! link to youtube.com

45. goettel says:

Alternating between very slowly leveling my moo shammie on the Nostralrius WoW PvP server and emptying LSAT clips in people’s faces in BF4. Meat & potatoes.

46. Viral Frog says:

My weekend (now officially over, back at work) was chock full of games. I took a couple days off work last week because my oldest was sick. We spent a lot of time playing Spelunky as he worked on recovering. It’s his favorite game. To the point where he draws pictures of the game any chance he gets. “Look, dad, it’s the shopkeeper! And he isn’t angry because we didn’t blow up his shop yet!” That’s right, kid. Yet.

I also spent a lot of time playing Cities: Skylines. Library sharing is a wonderful thing. Friend bought it during the Lunar New Year sale, but swamped himself in back log, so I get to take it for a spin. I’ve decided I’m going to buy it + expansions on sale. My city is inspired by the city I live in, Tacoma. OF course, I named it Tacompton because it is severely lacking in police presence. Just like real life!

I’ve been working away at the titles I accrued with the most recent Humble Weekly strategy bundle. Which, by the way, has been one of the best bundles I’ve ever purchased. I really took to Big Pharma, but didn’t play any this weekend. I’ve also been putting in time here and there to The Last Federation and Shattered Planet. I’m loving both!

Chaos Reborn is still on my backburner. I loved the few rounds I had played of it, but it’s one of those games that I feel like I need to sit down and read more before I really get into it. I did thoroughly enjoy the few instant battles that I played, though!

Then, to wrap up, Nuclear Throne. Still haven’t beat the game. Still rage quitting numerous times a session. Still coming back for more… please, send help.

47. loki1944 says:

The Guild 2: Renaissance; so addictive

48. Munin says:

After all the chat about the Witness I decided to dig out the Talos Principle which I hadn’t played properly but wass on my list of games to have a proper go at and finish. It’s been damn good so far.

Puzzles are solid, require thinking without being obtuse or requiring you to be a mind reader and the philosophical and existential musing stuff is good and really adds a thematic backbone to the entire experience. Obviously it is pop philosophy but still handle that stuff better than most popular media.

49. LionsPhil says:

Taking a break from the dayjob by…writing a missile controller in Lua for From the Depths.

Hmm.

Still, at least it makes them pick targets they can actually hit.

moms says:

Seeing as it is that great Hallmark holiday known as Valentine’s Day, I have chosen to play Dinner Date.
    A blind dinner date, as far as I’m concerned, so I’m, understandably, a bit nervous.
    I’ve washed my hair 3 times, and still have no idea what I will wear, or what my profile name should be.
    Perhaps I’ll have a tiny drink to calm my nerves…

I know nothing, yet, about my character except that it is a male.
    I know even less about my date, except that it is a female.. which, probably, means it will not be John.

OK, I’m off to finish primping.
    Wish me love.