What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

Weekend? I hardly gameend! No? No. Look, it’s the end of the week, and I’m running low on ha-ha-hilarious jokes. You get my best material, you know that? I know, I’m sorry too. Part of me still wants to torment the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this year with a performance of My Indie Games Joke. It begins “Do you know why they call them indie games?” then the answer continues until I get bored or the jokee walks off. You’ll have to come see my show to find out the ha-ha-hilarious conclusion. I think 20 minutes is the record. Anyway, tell us: what are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re playing!

Adam: Loads and loads and loads of lovely horrible Devil Daggers. Unless I’m not above Graham and Alice on the leaderboards by Monday morning, in which case I DIDN’T FIND TIME TO PLAY IT AT ALL, ALRIGHT?
Alec: I’ve got spacey survival adventure The Solus Project and Valve-approved Half-life 2 fanpaign Prospekt installed and calling out to me, although post-Firewatch the urge to escape to a forest is currently shouting louder than anything else. Unfortunately this is miserable Britain in miserable February, so I should ignore that particular clarion call.
Alice: Goodness me! Everything? All the games? I’m at the final mission of XCOM 2, I think, and want to tidy up a few loose ends before that. I’m very keen to see where trippy, reality-crossing first-person explorer Californium ends up. I haven’t even touched Firewatch yet. And I think I’m starting to do okay at Devil Daggers, but still have a lot to learn. What a fine time for games!
Graham: I’ll be playing Devil Daggers, trying desperately to keep Adam’s times just slightly behind my own. Failing that I’m also thinking about finally giving American Truck Simulator or, even older, Satellite Reign a proper go.
John: [One of our John Walkers is missing. As ever. Was he ever real? I find it suspicious that this week’s most John credible sighting is from someone calling themself ‘john_silence’ who cares not a jot about warping reality:

“I saw John – but he was just a blur of pixels in the tiny rear view mirror of a gigantic motorbike in a concept art sketch for Full Throttle’s upcoming remake. That’s why no one can find him! He is stuck between several layers of the proverbial space-time cake. But so are most adventure games, so I’m sure he and them are playing with each other all day long.”]

Philippa: This weekend I will probably try to fit in a bunch of Overwatch so I have have some definite FEELNGS about how it’s currently working. At the moment, and from only dipping in and out this week, it feels like the benefits of character swapping aren’t a big enough deal. I do really like playing Overwatch but that’s their big cool thing and it feels like it’s not being taken up by players much in the matches I’ve had (I’m not swapping much either as there seems to be a general reluctance to play supporty/tanky characters so I’ll stick with Zarya or Winston for whole matches to balance that).

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. ran93r says:

Hoping to put a bit more time in to Tom Clancy Brown’s The Division Bell.

Played a little of the open beta last night and it felt ok although afterward a watched TotalBiscuits report on the earlier beta and felt thoroughly miserable.

Still, I can at least shoot things in the face.

• Keios says:

I played it for a couple of hours last night and was left feeling distinctly underwhelmed by the whole thing. It’s like a less charismatic Syphon Filter. I know that there are all of the RPG elements (which seemed to consist mainly of “Here’s a new coat for your character!”) and it’s multiplayer (except when it’s not) but to me it just felt like a very soulless generic cover based shooter. I think it really needs to bring something fresh and exciting to the table to stand out enough, and at the moment, for all of the hype surrounding it, it really doesn’t.

• ran93r says:

I guess long term, especially after hearing what TB had to say about it, you are probably right.
        I think I was just happy that it seemed, at least early on, like Destiny but with actual content but I can’t say how long that content is going to last.

The gunplay feels very underwhelming compared to pretty much any shooter, I shouldn’t have to empty a clip in to an enemy’s head to drop them but that does seem to be the case a lot of the time.

Still, there is a layer of polish there which could be built upon, I will probably pick it up later down the line when it’s a bit cheaper.

• Unsheep says:

I tried the single-player mode in the Division and enjoyed what I played, I did not try multiplayer. For people like me, who are interested in playing this game in single-player, the main attractions are probably the settings and the open-world gameplay more than anything else.

The combat was your average third-person shooter, I definitely enjoyed it but it did not offer anything new or unique; it felt like an Army of Two game… which according to my personal taste is not a negative thing. The performance was good on my medium PC, it didn’t crash or lag.

2. fearian says:

This weekend will the the final chance I give to XCOM 2. I’ve read some “how to XCOM for noobs” articles, I’ve cooled off from our last falling out, and I’m ready to roll back a mission, lower the difficulty, and try and find my groove.

And try to ignore my current theory that XCOM 2 hates people who haven’t played XCOM 1 and loathes people who don’t pla-

OK calm thoughts..

• Blastaz says:

Have a look on the workshop, there are a ton of mods to make things easier.

No or longer time limits for both missions and the avatar project.
      Better accuracy for rookies.
      A much stronger starting rifle.

If you think the game is too difficult to learn fresh, and it is pretty hard, make it easier!

• Rizlar says:

Make it easier is a good idea, you might also play ironman. Especially if the chance of total failure is limited you may get a lot out of committing to every decision and living with the consequences.

If I squeeze in any games this weekend it is likely to be more XCOM2!

Andy_Panthro says:

XCOM2 has some annoyances to it, much like the previous game. I think they generally improved things though, and I’m enjoying playing this one more than I did XCOM1.

I heartily recommend playing on the lowest difficulty though. If you enjoy it enough for a replay then you can go for the tougher options and perhaps Ironman.

I do get the feeling that, as with XCOM1, it’s that early game that is the most tricky part. Once you get higher level soldiers and the better gear, it does get much easier (although there can always been those times where everything goes against you! But that’s why I don’t play Ironman, so I can go back a few turns!).

Herring says:

It’s all about reducing risk (or eliminating it if you can). So anything that allows you to do that should be a focus. Some tips;

Grenades / Grenadiers : Guaranteed damage, cover destruction and killing stuff on high floors.
      Specialists with the drone-zap talent.
      Psionics are guaranteed damage
      Rangers in conceal to spot out bad-guys.
      Ambushes from overwatch are very random. You’re almost always better off to strike once then play your turn normally.
      You can normally activate hack objectives remotely as long as you have LoS. See : Grenades
      Don’t worry too much about the avatar clock.
      Ammo types are godly; bonus damage to mechs, bonus crit, AP stuff are all amazing.
      Acid grenades are also godly.
      After the initial few plot researches get weapons going ASAP.

3. lowprices says:

XCOM 2, still. After a few missions feeling like I’d made accidentally made the game too easy by researching plasma weapons a bit earlier than I probably was meant to, some new enemy types appeared to scare me out of complacency by killing my two competent Rangers. Something pretty special is going to have to turn up for XCOM 2 to not be my personal Game Of The Year come December.

4. Mario Figueiredo says:

Endless Legend as I move on to complete each faction quest. Also Some Blood because I miss it.
    And Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with the HotA and HD addons, because I’m in the mood for old classics.

• Darth Gangrel says:

I’m also in the mood for old classics and have started to play Shadow Warrior Classic Redux. I tried playing the DOSBox version a bit afterwards as a comparison, but the menu options were subpar. I couldn’t find any option to rebind keys, even found it hard to move between menus. Mouse clicking did nothing and pressing Enter didn’t always register, as if the game was a lousy port not meant for PC’s. That bad first impression made me stick with the Redux version, since my backlog forbids me from playing the same game twice.

Also, the graphics are slightly better in the Redux version and I feel that graphics matter more in an FPS, whereas I’m not so picky when it comes to RPG’s.

• Mario Figueiredo says:

You rebind the keyboard keys and provide mouse support on the setup.exe program. Remember, those games based on the Build Engine were all set this way.

I did want at some point to get the Redux version from Steam, because why not. It is a well done remake with better graphics and support for modern computers. But because I already had the Complete version on GOG, I just never bothered much. After a while started hearing some issues with my fellow Linux players, so I never considered it again.

• Darth Gangrel says:

I remember doing something like that with other older games, but I just couldn’t be bothered to figure out what didn’t work and how to solve it, when I already had the non-wonky Redux version. I don’t want old-school annoyances to tarnish my experience of a great game, so I’m sticking with the Redux version and later moving onto the 2013 reboot.

I got the Redux version as part of a Humble Bundle, so I never considered getting the GoG version, which seemed to lack the graphics improvement.

caff says:

Might try some of things the RPS writers are playing. Very much enjoyed Firewatch this weekend, think I might try Californium today.

Had a go on the Division beta last night. I felt nothing.

6. rahji says:

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth. I just beated everything with The Lost and Keeper, so I am really motivated to earn those last collection marks and 100% the game. The hardest part is over and now I will have some fun.
    Also some Red Dead Redemption because the gunplay is statsfying.

Thulsa Hex says:

Currently up too late, playing the timeless classic “let’s draught a cover letter”. Intermittently running to Devil Daggers when brain melt hits, but not sure if that’s helping.

Done with XCOM 2 for a while, since I kicked it’s Commander/Ironman butt earlier in the week (after struggling a fair bit in the first few days, admittedly).

8. brucethemoose says:

Just got back into modded Minecraft, off all things. If ya’ll want to do the same, I recommend the Space Astronomy modpack + its official server.

Oh, and the usual bit of Planetside 2, plus finishing a playthrough of ME2.

Also, I think my backlog is getting excessively large… With so many good games to play, I couldn’t decide what to start, and somehow ended up falling back to older, familiar titles.

9. Agnosticus says:

Devil Deggars! I’m scratching the 100s mark and I’m trying to break it. Great old school FPS in short bursts.

Probably some Streets of Rage II and Golden Axe, because Sega is giving them away.

10. Nate Gallardo says:

I’ll spend most of my weekend trying to finish building my own game, but I’ll have Devilled Eggers minimised in the background so I can alt-tab to it every half hour or so. I’ve also got The Division and Californium installed, so I’ll make some time to check those out. I really looking forward to playing Californium having fallen in love with its look at EGX last year, and I’m professionally curious about The Division so I’ll look at that out of a sense of obligation more than anything.

DrollRemark says:

I also finished XCOM 2 a couple of days ago*, so now I have a weekend free for new or old things. Options include another chapter of Life is Strange, a bit moew Grow Home, a sampling of The Division, and maybe Firewatch. Choices, choices.

*Careful with prepping for the final mission Alice. I tried to get the last useful continent bonus (the third weapon upgrade slot) and finish my Psi dude before I went for it, and ignoring a couple of missions appeared to cost me all my intel. Harrumph.

Dorga says:

Could we start a RPS-wide Devil Daggers tournament?

13. Barberetti says:

Well I was going to continue with The Division beta, but according to UPlay the servers are down, so so much for that. Oh well I probably got the most out of it last night anyway.

14. FurryLippedSquid says:

Pillars of Eternity, fifteen hours in and loving it.

Philopoemen says:

I’ve started a new game to get to White March Pt 2 now it’s out.

I love PoE, with 115hours down, but I’ve forgotten how to play it after not playing for a while. Hence a new character to relearn the ropes.

• FurryLippedSquid says:

I’m just a tourist, I’m afraid. Playing on easy and even using the rest cheat due to a lack of camping supplies in the opening areas! Having said that, a lot of the bigger fights are still challenging (for me!).

15. mavu says:

Kings quest with the kids. Happy to have at least one game I’m allowed to play with the little ones. For some reason or other my wife won’t let me play XCOM2 with them.

heretic says:

Started Firewatch, great so far – might pick up oxenfree next weekend – I think I enjoy shorter games more these days. Getting fatigue with Phantom Pain and GTA5…

17. lglethal says:

As friends are coming to town to visit, I doubt I’ll be getting much gaming on this weekend. Maybe I can get the odd game of Blood Bowl or something simple, but no chance for anything really meaty. Ah well! There’s always next week…

18. HuvaaKoodia says:

The original Master of Orion, my favorite strategy simulation on the planet. The design is so simple, yet it works like a charm after 23 years!

Right now I’m driven into final war a bit too often, which isn’t that interesting most of the time. The AI’s tendency to gang up on the player on harder difficulties is about the only thing I’d like to change about it.

The Wargaming MOO hasn’t impressed me so far based on the info they’ve shared. They seem to be taking a few too many cues from the second one. Also calling it simply Master of Orion makes me quite annoyed. Use a subtitle with your remakes, developers!

Andy_Panthro says:

I’ve only really played the second one, and love it, so perhaps the Wargaming one will be more to my taste? I’ve yet to find a space 4X that scratches that itch, so I’m hopeful.

As for the sequel naming issue, this seems to be a recurring problem (although I guess some people don’t care much). X-COM vs. XCOM, Prince of Persia, Alone in the Dark… even things like Tomb Raider become annoying if you want to say “the first one” but then you have to specify that you mean either the first ever or first new one (and that’s before any inevitable reboots in years to come!).

19. Zeroebbasta says:

The alpha of A House of Many Doors is out for backers! I just felt like playing something akin to Sunless Sea, so this early alpha really made my day. I also have to complete NaissanceE.

20. RimRider says:

Kopanito All-Stars Soccer!

Already put about 70 hours in over the last month. Absolutely loving it! Can’t wait for online…

Also, probably some online ‘Move or Die’ and I’ll finish ‘Layers of Fear’ just because I want to like it soooo much but just find it completely dull and lacking inspiration…

• Agnosticus says:

Yeah Kopanito is really good! But in order for me to play it that long it needs a bit more polish and headers :D

• RimRider says:

Single-player is pretty much all but over for me now, I can win 10-0 on Legend difficulty fairly regularly. Online can’t come quick enough!

Really excited for the future of this game though…

Jekadu says:

I managed to get past the learning curve of Elite: Dangerous and am finding it immensely fascinating, despite my strongly-seated aversion to open-ended games. So far I have not crashed into a space station while docking, and I only collide with suns when frame shifting about half the time.

• gabrielonuris says:

Right there with you too; Already have a couple dozen hours into Elite, and I’m just loving it the more I play; the audio in that game is absolutely wondrous, I still have goosebumps everytime I enter in a station and hear my engines echoing through its interior!

22. sillythings says:

I’ve been preparing to play the upcoming Spelunky: sillythings DLC. By which I mean, I’ve spent hours upon hours this week tinkering about in Photoshop with the game sprites in an effort to recreate my wife-to-be as a playable character in the game (I’m next). Since we’ll finally leave this long distance thing behind us in only two weeks and it’s our favorite game to play together, I thought it would be a fitting gift for the occasion.

It’s quite a lot of work, so I’m planning on making my Photoshop files publicly available once I’m done with my own character. I’ve tried to create shortcuts by setting up layer masks for the individual pieces of clothing and placing the character heads as easily replaceable Smart Objects. I’ve previously wanted to make a character and felt immediately overwhelmed, so I hope this will help make the entire process seem much less daunting to anyone who might want to make their own character in the future! :)

23. Jonfon says:

I’m playing “why won’t my new* class work” in Xcom 2. No errors, just no new class. The most infuriating sort of bug.

(* not really new, just a combo of rangers & gun slingers to get to grips with the ini files).

Herzog says:

Well? Still Downwell. Even though I am getting slowly enough of it. Hope I can beat it before I get fed up with it.

Also trying to beat the alien mothership boss in Serious Sam 3. It’s the first fps I play exclusively with the steam controller. Working fine so far even though I think I wouldn’t have died so often as with m+kb.

Oh and I also reinstalled Spelunky. I probably will play Spelunky most of the time.

25. jimmydean239 says:

Have the parents up this weekend so not much gaming for me. Played a bit of the division beta last night and I actually enjoyed it a bit – I’m thinking it will be a good Co-op game for me and my dad to play together so I’ll pitch it to him this weekend. I’ll carry on with MGSV if I get a chance.

26. DanMan says:

Been trying some Cities on the free Steam weekend, and it’s pretty neat. I’ll probably play some more Tomb Raider, too.

• LionsPhil says:

Thanks for pointing that out, I’d missed it.

I hate you for pointing that out, where did my Saturday just go?

(Kinda more compelling than actually fun, tho’. Neat picturesque intricate little sandbox.)

• DanMan says:

I kinda hate myself for it, because my plan was to play TR and now I have to make use of this irresistible offer.

27. Hoot says:

As someone who has read John Walkers stuff since he was a PCG writer and laughed many, many times, I hope he’s doing well wherever he is.

28. Vacuity729 says:

I went back to AI War.

I’m just trying to hold things together while I make my final pushes onto (and over) the two AI homeworlds, but man, there’s so many eggs to juggle, and the spectre of failure looms larger now even as I’m more powerful than ever. I love this game so much.

Ben King says:

Playing some Dungeon Crawl Classic with friends and fat lazy cat in my lap this afternoon, then a bunch of Sunless Sea tonight and tomorrow. My 3rd captain had a good long run, but an expedition into the ruined caverns in Godfall had some tragic consequences for her crew,… death and madness on the open sea followed shortly after we left port. LASTLY I’m trying to build an entertaining but simple dungeon for D&D 5e. My last couple enemy encounters I built for players ended without anyone getting a scratch and were pretty dull and unbalanced… newbie DM mistakes.

• TheInfamousLauren says:

hey im new here and to pc gaming in general. u seem pretty cool and ur cat comment made me smile bc i too have a fat ass kitty cat in my lap atm haha. idk how to see ur profile on here but u can add me on steam theinfamouslauren. my name is Lauren btw:)

30. fish99 says:

Played through The Division beta for a 2nd time last night. Still on the fence about getting it. Sure it’s pretty, but Gears of War does the 3rd person cover shooting with more interesting weapons and enemies, more frequent combat and with more excitement, and as a shooting-RPG it pales next to Borderlands.

Still playing Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, the 3D top-down Zelda, made just for the 3DS. The game is excellent, challenging and lengthy.

Finished with Diablo 3, ATS and EDF 4.1 this week, so I’m looking for something new to play.

• TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

Well, clearly Pokemon X/Y or AS/OR.

Yes, i know, i’m 30 years old and stuff. SO WHAT!!!?!??

• fish99 says:

TBH I have enough 3DS games to keep me going for years. I tend to only play it for an hour before sleep. I should check out a Pokemon game sometime though.

I was looking more for a main game – and I’ve now started Wind Waker HD so problem solved :)

31. syllopsium says:

Going to try a little Jet Set Radio PC after seeing the free give away the other day, then boot up the Dreamcast and try it on that as well to see how it compares. Maybe a little Steamworld Heist on the 3DS.

Apart from that, refereeing whilst people play roller derby, and running.

32. Synesthesia says:

I’m finishing my artorias build on a Dark Souls re-run, so there’s gonna be that. Also today we start our descent 2nd edition campaign, so we’re gonna be busy.

• Immobile Piper says:

What’s your Artorias build?

Good luck with Descent. If you can keep it from snowballing horribly in either direction it’ll be fun.

33. Kitsunin says:

The new Fire Emblem game. Holy crap, they made it so much better than Awakening in every way. It is so good. So good. So bloody good.

Oh, uh, PC. The Witness is great. I’ve solved a ton of puzzles and thus far not been frustrated at all, nor have I found it “not fun” as some have said. It’s very satisfying and to me, more gorgeous places to look at is more than enough reward for solving the puzzles. I certainly wouldn’t want to marathon it, though.

34. Imbecile says:

Well, I’ve tried some more of the division, and it feels very bland. Like a less charismatic version of both destiny, and even borderlands, with less variety. If the combat was a bit more rainbow six it might be interesting, but it seems to be the worst of both worlds.

Also Darkest Dungeon in increments. Finding the endgame very difficult, and kinda punishing. It makes me want to stop playing even though Im enjoying it. And Rocket League and Rainbow six.

35. malkav11 says:

I played just enough of The Division to suspect that I’ll want to play it but not badly enough to pay preorder/launch price. I’d like to play Firewatch but I’m still getting the black map bug four or five patches and one driver update later so that’s still a no go.

Guessing instead it will be some combination of Mad Max, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Secret World, American Truck Simulator, the Call of Duty Advanced Warfare campaign, and/or the Hex: Shards of Fate PvE campaign. Hex in particular is brilliant. I thought so even when I was just doing the occasional draft tournament for cards while biding time for PvE content, but now that the first chunk of campaign is in I’m certain of it. It’s a very nice mix of RPG and TCG, beautiful, with plenty of challenging encounters requiring a variety of approaches to defeat and regular rewards in the form of gold, experience, new cards and equipment that modifies cards both PvE-specific and PvP in useful ways.

Lars Westergren says:

XCom2 primarily. Hopefully solving a few The Witness puzzles. Maybe start a second playthrough of Pillars of Eternity, on Iron Man, higher difficulty and with the White Marsh expansions this time. Maybe introduct boyfriend (who have never liked games) to Firewatch.

Want to play Rocksmith 2014 and get really good at it but don’t know where to find the time.

Lars Westergren says:

I’m having backlog anxity btw. For turn based strategy, I want to try Hard West, Massive Chalice, Sattelite Reign. For adventure, god, too many to mention probably, but Dropsy, everything by Wadjet Eye, 1954 Alcatraz, Kentucky Route Zero every episode past #1, RPGs even more and so on.

• Mario Figueiredo says:

There’s a nice review of Hard West at eXplorminate.

cpt_freakout says:

A great deal of really good games have come out in the past year and a bit, and they don’t seem to be stopping. I was barely through with Shadowrun HK when they released the new minicampaign. I was almost at the end of Pillars when they released the first expansion. I haven’t even looked at Firewatch or The Witness, which I really want to play sometime. Been playing XCOM 2, because I loved 1, but that means completely ignoring all sorts of great stuff just sitting in my backlog.

Anyway, we should start Backloggers Anonymous and share our histories of grief.

37. Minglefingler says:

I’ll finish Firewatch after reluctantly turning it off on Thursday to go to bed. After that I’ll be playing some of The White March Part 2 with an hour or two of American Truck Simulator if I find the time. I am tempted to buy the dlc for Galactic Civilisations III and start a new game but that would be massively stupid given how many other games I have to finish which means the probability of me doing it is distressingly high.
    I may give The Division an hour to see if it can impress me more than it did yesterday but I have a feeling that I can’t be arsed.

38. noodlecake says:

I’m back into Binding of Isaac so probably a fair bit of that. Also I might play a bit more XCOM 2. I enjoy XCOM but I rarely can do more than one mission without needing to stop playing for a bit. And I’m a pathetic save scummer. I would play iron man but the number of times I accidentally send someone to the square next to the one I meant to click on makes it not really a feasible option

39. Det. Bullock says:

At the moment probably Dark Souls NG+, I expected to have a throttle for my HOTAS by now but the CH Pro Throttle went out of stock almost everywhere here in Europe (or at least in the places where it costs 150 Euros or less) exactly the day I finally got myself to splurge the money on it and that kinda turned me off space games at least for now.

40. Zenicetus says:

Maybe some XCOM2, although I’m torn about continuing vs. waiting a bit longer for some major patching. If I don’t play XCOM2 I might reinstall Age of Wonders III and see if I like it better than I have in the past. It just didn’t stick the first few times I tried to get into it, even with all the expansions installed.

My main problem with AoW3 was that I kept getting my ass kicked in combat, which is really the meat of the game. I guess I just didn’t spend enough time getting familiar with the units and combat mechanics. So I might give AoW3 another spin this weekend, and let XCOM2 bake in the Firaxis oven a little longer.

41. xaphoo says:

Devil Daggers yes

Captain Narol says:

Gettings more and more addicted to Mordheim, which is after all the closest proxy of XCOM for fans of medieval fantasy…

Starting to hate the rogue-like brutal permanent injury system, one of my guys has lot one foot which make him slower in movement, and another has a brain trauma which makes him randomly passive when not engaged into melee fighting…

Even worse, my only wizard got furor, which makes him unable to get out of combat before finishing his opponent..

On the other hand, that makes interesting stories to tell !

43. dethtoll says:

Wrapping up Thief 3 tonight at which point I begin the 2014 reboot. Pray for Mojo.

moms says:

This is my birthday weekend.
    Way back in early November the plan was to celebrate this glorious weekend with the 2 Adams (Jensen and Smith) in Deus Ex Mankind.
    But then this happened… link to rockpapershotgun.com
    and the party was cancelled.
    Later, in December, the Giraffes began prepping for a Call to Arms, up on Auraxis. link to rockpapershotgun.com
    I pulled my old Giraffe uni outa mothballs, had it pressed (and let out, a little) and, until this morning, was prepared to spend part of my birthday weekend dying for Vanu.
    Now, that ain’t happening either.

So, I’m not sure how I’m gonna celebrate, now.
    I suppose I could finish up Dishonored, so that I can move onto Wolfenstein: The New Order…

In fact, now that I think about it, it might even be kinda fun, to crash a Nazi party.

45. Immobile Piper says:

Ocarina of Time on N64. Was spurred to finally play it after hearing some good things on a podcast. Took a while to find the sword, but it looks fun so far. Just beat the tutorial boss.

Tomorrow’s going to be Rune Wars or Chaos in the Old World, depending on how many guys we get to the table. Should be good time either way, even if I do prefer CitOW.

46. kalirion says:

Picked up the groupees Jast2 bundle with coins, so I think I’ll be playing (well, more like reading) Steins;Gate.

john_silence says:

To allay Alice’s doubts, I am actually a Sam. I shamelessly appropriated the name of Algernon Blackwood’s supernatural detective.
    My nickname for the Battlefield games is Carnacki, for the “ghost finder” of W. H. Hodgson’s short stories.

That’s quite a lot of paranormal expertise for one man now I think of it, so my sighting of John in the VGA ether between 16-bit dimensions must hold a grain of truth after all.

48. Unsheep says:

Saturday was spent on racing games; SBK, Forza 4 and AutoSport.

Sunday will go to Blackguards and Star Trek 25th Anniversary ed.

49. wraithgr says:

After 2-3 years absence, I got back into Mechwarrior Online recently… There’s more mechs, better netcode and they seem to have finally managed to properly split the pug and premade queues so you get a fair bit of balance (currently hovering around the middle of tier 4 but who cares, I don’t play this game to be competitive…)

50. theapeofnaples says:

Insurgency, as ever.

Still not sure what I make of DOI yet, although whatever map it is that has you fighting from behind haystacks on a farm is obviously excellent.