The Walking Dead: Michonne Episode 1 Rising Today

Michonne’s in In Too Deep, and she’s trying to keep
Up above in her head instead of going under.
Cause she’s in In Too Deep, and she’s trying to keep
Up above in her head instead of going under.
Instead of going under.

Sometimes I secretly delight in writing horrendous posts, but I want you to know this one is intentional. If I’m having that song stuck in my head all day, you are too. Here’s a refresher. But the video following below is definitely a trailer celebrating the first episode of The Walking Dead: Michonne [official site] – named ‘In Too Deep’ – coming out today. It really is. Even I wouldn’t dunk Sum 41 on you again.

Look, see, this video is definitely about Michonne dropping away for a few issues in the comics timeline to get up to an adventure of her own:

The three-episode miniseries will kick at 6pm tonight. All three parts will cost £10.99/$14.99 together on Steam annnd through Humble and direct from Telltale too. Telltale plan to release the second episode in March then the third in April.

Here’s six minutes from the ep, if you want to see what it’s actually like:

I swear I’m not Deryckrolling you here: this link really does lead to a great piece with a linguistics professor analysing that grotesque ’90s pop-punk accent. I was More Alternative Than Thou back in the day but must concede that some of those songs are, as I would have denied, CHOONS! But who could say where this link leads?

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Gwilym says:

Now you listen to me, unloaded revolver; I’ve had quite enough of your lip

2. Velko says:

Wait, what: wtf is “Sum41”? Where’s the Genesis reference?

• seroto9 says:

I think RPS have in-house rules concerning the posting of offensive material.

3. Muzman says:

I thought it was a riff on Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five (admittedly no one says “In too deep” in there. Still sticking with it over the other one :P )

cpt_freakout says:

Teen music. Teen music never changes.

• Jalan says:

It really doesn’t though. The genre or the style that might be capturing a section of youth might change but when peeling away that layer, it’s still the same thing.

I went through the seemingly obligatory period of reflection on my music tastes when I was younger (and at the point where I thought I could make a more “informed” choice on what I liked) and found that if I were able to do so, I’d travel back to that point and slap myself repeatedly for listening to some of the things I was hearing at the time. Mostly because I realized that trying to give it a fair shake now by listening to the current material (in the rare chance some of the groups or individuals I listened to then are still making music) it was… exactly the same. It might have had different titles and album covers/etc. but it was exactly the same as when I younger. A group such as The Rolling Stones can get away with stuff like that (or at least gets a pass when they do) but a group like, using Alice’s example, Sum 41 shouldn’t be able to (and don’t have a real excuse to do so either).

5. C0llic says:

I still can’t listen to blink 182. Now a bit of Offspring, or Rancid that’s a different matter; as well as the proper ska-punk stuff like Capdown, and Link80. Memories!

That article was a great read though.

6. Anthile says:

I don’t think you can be a good band and still have a number in your name. It’s just not how the universe works.

7. klops says:

I delight in reading horrendous posts. This was again very nice.

8. KastaRules says: