PlanetSide 2 Call To Arms: Join RPS On March 5th

On Saturday March 5th at 7pm, the RPS PlanetSide 2 community is gathering once again for an evening of war. Call To Arms is where hundreds of players from our community pile into a server together with the common goal of capturing enemy bases and having fun.

Newcomers to the game and community are welcome and you can download the game for free over here. If you’re thinking of teaming up with us, think about joining the RPS community Mumble server, as there will be group leaders there helping to steer the event on the night by giving out targets. And you can find more information about the March 5th event on our PlanetSide 2 forum, specifically this thread (ignore the poll).

1. Gorncaptain says:

Here’s our official guide on taking part in the event for those who haven’t played with us before: link to rockpapershotgun.com

2. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Oh my, yes please. Had so much fun last time, and never did manage to join in the more regular Giraffe shenanigans despite promising myself I would. See you there

3. Cross says:

Consider maybe leaving that awful pile of crap Mumble in the dust and trying Discord out.

• stoopiduk says:

Sorry if the VOIP server the community hosts for free isn’t up to your standards, Cross. You can join the hundreds of people who have built a friendly community on there any time you like, but consider maybe leaving your awful pile of crap attitude back on Discord.

• Cei says:

As the Mumble server administrator, that hurts. Mumble may look bare-bones and be a pain to initially set up (not that the end users see any of that), but it works and has a very light on resources client.

Discord, on the other hand, uses far more resources and more importantly doesn’t provide enough detailed settings for some of what we do. The Planetside 2 comms set up is incredibly complex

Simply put, Discord doesn’t have the features right now that we need. I’ve got it running as a backup, but it won’t be our live server any time soon.

4. hollowroom says:

I’ve had this in my collection for ages and never played it.

Would love to join in on this.

5. WastedJoker says:

Every time I try to get back into PS2 I get completely put off trying to figure out how to log into the bloody game because I don’t know if I signed up via Steam or SOE or this new flamin’ Daybreak malarkey. What a mess.

• Cephas says:

If you downloaded through Steam you’ll still have setup a Pro7/SOE account. Pro7 accounts got moved to the SOE platform a few years ago now. DBG is just a rebranded SOE and it’s the same account.

6. Frank V. says:

I’d like to join but what is the timezone of the given date/time?

7. FreeTom says:

Gah! For a couple of months there I managed to escape and play some other games. Ah well, I had a good run.

VS, I take it?

8. padger says:

Yaaay! Will be there.

9. Mi-24 says:

Never really got into Planetside 2, but this looks like a great place to begin!

10. JustHereForTheTruth says:

Don’t bother with this garbage buggy piece of shit game. The performance and populations are in the toilet. Only players left are fanboys living in major denial.

Implants no one asked for, client and server performance is a joke, game balance is laughable, and all new content has been shit.

Trust me when I say this, the game is nothing but bad. Don’t waste your time like I did.

• Quinnbeast says:

Aren’t you a sad chicken! I take it you won’t be joining in? Shame!

Performance has been excellent for me since not long after official release. Fanboys living in denial? Of what? Still plenty of people you can jump in game with at a moments notice and enjoy what the game has to offer.

It’s sad that you wasted your own time though. Hopefully you’ll learn not to in the future.

• brucethemoose says:

Still a great game IMHO, problems and all.

Ever since they nerfed the TR Gatekeeper, balance is actually OK. Game runs fine for me, and Emerald is populated and runs fine (though I can’t speak for the EU servers). No, this game’s main problem is the steep learning curve now that vets outnumber noobs.

• ooshp says:

“I never understand why players hate on this game so much… ITS FREE. If you hate it so much, why bother talking about it at all?”

Well, let’s see…. if the games costs $0.00, and someone spends 30 seconds trashing it on the internet… let me get my calculator… yes, yes, I have an answer. That person’s time is essentially worthless, and I have mathematical proof!

• TWChristine says:

There are some weird changes that’ve been made, and I do here a lot of complaints about performance (I had to stop playing because it’s so bad, HOWEVER, a big part of that is 1: my comp is barely up to the level to play it with all settings on low, and 2: I’m playing from Canada on a Euro server).

With that said, I disagree about not playing it. Is it the best game out there? Not at all. But I thoroughly enjoyed the times I would hop on and play with The Giraffes..and really, they’re a big reason to play the game period, as they’re all a wonderful group (and I’ve even made some really good friends from it).

I imagine part of the Call to Arms is to get “new blood” into the group, but I’ve always seen it as more-so a way to involve the greater RPS community in a fun event; with that said, I think it’s definitely worth an install to give it a whirl with some good people.

11. brucethemoose says:

What’s Miller like these days?

I play on Emerald, which is well populated and relatively stable… But EU servers might be different.

12. thelegendofawesome says:

I’m new to RPS, have a good amount of hours in PS2, i’m Vanu and EU, so i’ll answer the Call to Arms.

Benratha says:

I plan to attend with my newly-minted Engineer.

Still being killed a lot…..
    Enjoyed the first outing with the RPS peeps last night though!