Na Na Nah, Really: Rocket League Batmobile DLC Out

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice looks proper gash, doesn’t it? Ooh it’s so grim and gritty and boring, boring, boring. Yeah, go growl in the rain some more, you big babies. Still, those lot may be busy posing, but it seems the Batmobile’s AI still has time for fun. Today it screeched onto the pitch in Rocket League [official site], joining all the other sentient cars playing fo- oh my god they’re going to make a Knight Rider at some point, aren’t they?

Sorry, Batmobile first. So! £1.59/$1.99 on Steam will get you a recreation of Bats v Supe’s Batmobile, which looks a sportier model of the Tumbler Batmobile from Nolan’s movie trilogy, along with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman antenna flags.

I’m maybe a touch suprised the Batheads at Warner Bros. wouldn’t release this free as a freebie promo for the film but hey, £1.59 is how much an obscure failed car from the ’80s costs because it was in some documentary or something.

If famous fictional cars are to become A Thing, where will our favourite game of 2015 look next? Yes, I agree with you – Brum would be an obvious choice. But remember that it’s still not clear whether Rocket League’s cars have drivers or are themselves the players, so cars need to cover their driver’s seat to keep the illusion. Surely Knight Rider’s KITT? It’s got turboboost and everything.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Spuzzell says:

I’ve seen the Batman vs Superman trailer three times in the cinema recently and THAT makes it look a lot better. Still stupid, but with hints of internal logic and potential interest.

And then the supermodel in the leotard with a magical shield turns up. Which, I’m sorry, is just 11 kinds of lame.

Er, third paragraph something cars rocket league something.

• Jediben says:

You can all pootle about in KITT if you like. I would rather have awesomeness that is KARR.

2. YogSo says:

Surely a KITT 2000? It’s got turboboost and everything.

Nah, too predictable. A Knight 3000, on the other hand…

link to youtube.com

(Sorry, sorry, I apologize. I had genuinely forgotten *that* was a thing that existed until you mentioned Knight Rider out of the blue. And then of course I had to share it with as many readers as possible ;-p )

• SuddenSight says:

Oh my goodness, the design meetings those transformations imply.

“Why do we need to replace the rear-view mirrors for every transformation?”

“The car has to look cool, man. We can’t just use the same mirrors for every transform.”

“What about the FORD logo? Are we affiliated with FORD? If so, shouldn’t it always show? If not, why only show it when it is in truck mode?”

“To blend in I guess? Gotta keep’m confused.”

“What about the license plate? Wouldn’t it be easier, cheaper, and more accurate to use state-issued plates and just swap’m out?”

“Too bulky. Wee need to section each plate into 6 pieces and have those collapse individually. Much easier to design that way.”

“What about the snake icon? I guess I understand changing it, but can’t we just make a couple separate coins and swap them out?”

“No, we need to engineer 8 different parts to it, and have them rotate into place. It will look awesome if some passerby happens to shove their face up close enough to see.”

“I see. I guess we also need to swap out the wheel hub for every car as well.”

“Now you get it. Too bad we can’t section the tires into tiny bits and have that rotate into place as well. Maybe in the Knight 4000.”

• GWOP says:

Let’s not forget about the 1997 Team Knight Rider!

Actually, let’s do forget about it.

caff says:

I couldn’t give a toss about Batman personally, but I love the game (>350 hours played and counting) so for me any DLC is just about supporting the devs and keeping those servers online.

4. Doom Kitten says:

They should add customization to the goal explosions, like the one in the bat teaser. I think it would be fun at least. They could also do something like confetti, a slightly different coloured confetti, or even a third multicoloured confetti which contains the two previously mentioned coloured confetti.

caff says:

Great idea. It would add extra incentive to see your goals scored if some crazy stuff happened.

5. GWOP says:

Alice, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the Brum link! I’ve been trying to remember the name of this show for the longest time. At one point I even thought maybe my memories of the show were of a half-forgotten dream…

6. GWOP says:

Driver or no driver, imagine a Rocket League match where everyone is driving a flip car.

Instead of destroying each other, you would be launching other cars into the air, while they would have to reorient themselves mid-flight and reenter the battle.

liquidsoap89 says:

The idea of flipping your team mate in to the air so they can get an aerial boost to score a goal fills me with joy.

7. Truckse says:

I just won a match against three batmobiles. I feel awesome.

8. enduran says:

“oh my god they’re going to make a Knight Rider at some point, aren’t they?”

A Knight Rider? What is “A” Knight Rider? Can you proofread? Do you have an editor? Can you even look up basic shit about a show before putting up your article? Damn. What a shit article from a shit “writer”.

• GWOP says:

Please have your comments screened by your mother, you incredibly rude child.

• Capt. Bumchum McMerryweather says:

Did you even get to end of the article before you decided to be an odious little turd? It’s called a writing style. Or are you mad that she made fun of your super gruff men movie franchise?

Alice is a proper dead well good writer, so try actually engaging your brain before you belch out your nonsense everywhere.

• Minsc_N_Boo says:

Damn! David Hasselhoff fans are a tetchy bunch aren’t they?

• Aldehyde says:

Pretty sure that enduran was trying to be funny and not rude.

9. DanMan says:

Pfff, Knight Rider…. I want a DeLorean!

10. freedomispopular says:

I’m rather disappointed that it doesn’t rev really loudly like the real thing.

AtlasIsKing says:

Fun fact: the “na na na na na na” Batman theme was written by Neal Hefti, a Jazz trumpeter, arranger and composer who was largely responsible for Count Basie’s successes in the 1950s and 1960s through his marvelous arrangements. Check it out!

link to en.wikipedia.org

12. Unsheep says:

They really need to do a racing game with all superhero and supervillain cars, vehicles and flying things.

13. Zephro says:

Danger Mouse’s car!

14. theirongiant says:

The new car’s pretty cool but jeez that boost sound effect is going to get real old, real quick.