Fallout 4 DLC Automatron Is Out Next Week, Trailer Here

I’ve yet to break the seal on Fallout 4‘s wrapper, so the thought that the game is getting even bigger is as much intimidating to me as it is exciting. Still, it is exciting, since the first DLC, Automatron, adds the ability to build and modify your robot companions to suit your taste and play style. The first trailer for Fallout 4: Automatron has just been released and you can watch it below ahead of its release, which we now know is March 22nd.

The music’s a bit nice, isn’t it? Here’s the description of the DLC:

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

I like that the “Even” at the end there precedes the news that you can customise their paint, and not that you can, you know, customise their limbs. Limbs > paint.

The DLC will cost £8 and is the first of three currently announced DLC. The other two are Wasteland Workshop, which expands “the capabilities of settlements” in April and in May, the ability to travel to a new landmass in Maine in Far Harbor. There are also more DLC packs planned for later in the year and a free revamp of Fallout 4’s survival mode in the works.

Here’s hoping there’s a later DLC that makes the game look like this lovely Japanese stock art.

From this site

1. elden says:

Neat. Customizable robots are always fun as long as the AI is decent.

“Music’s a bit nice”…I suppose, in the way that it sounds like every other generic “epic chord progression with loud drums” trailer music.

Lexx87 says:

I think i’m going to wait for this to be ‘done’ before jumping in. I have time to play it once, so a fully modded and complete package seems to be the best solution to that.

• Leozaur says:

Yeah… It’s a fun game as it is, but for me it just lacks something. Not quests. Not more dolls or minecrafts… It seriously could use some DLCs expanding/redoing core mechanics of the game, it’s seriously lacking in that department.

3. Chaz says:

Darn. That picture looked like someone in an armoured suit sat atop of a custom built wasteland motorcycle. For a brief moment I thought you’d be able to build custom rides. Never mind, hopefully by the time I get around to playing this that’ll be in the game, modded or otherwise.

• Shadow says:

Looks like a jury-rigged Sentry Bot.

• Llewyn says:

I’d not been able to decide if it was that or some sort of armoured robotic pack mule. I’d have been happy with either, donkeys are awesome too. This somehow manages to be slightly disappointing in comparison.

4. JakeOfRavenclaw says:

This actually looks a bit more in-depth than I was expecting! I had been planning to set Fallout 4 aside until all the DLC was out, but I find myself coming back to it again and again–it’s just such a gorgeous, atmospheric game, and I love existing in its world. Probably going to delve into settlement-building in earnest on this next playthrough–I’d pretty much ignored those systems until I suddenly realized that I could build staircases to get on top of existing structures, and then it just clicked, and now I’m constantly on the lookout for places where I can really do some vertical construction :-)

5. Synesthesia says:

Man, who could’ve thought we would have this visual fidelity and terrific animation in 2004. What a time to be alive!

6. gou says:

an auto matron you say? *shudder*

• hamburger_cheesedoodle says:

Stop that, you’re giving me System Shock 2 flashbacks.

7. shagen454 says:

From the looks of it – makes me happy I didn’t preorder. But, I also haven’t been able to put down Black Desert which for me does the one thing Fallout 4 should have accomplished and does it in spades: to create a “living” virtual reality for you to immersive yourself in. Been sucked into the economy and all of it’s intricacies, guild quests and exploring the world.

8. Flea says:

I don’t know, I’m glad I didn’t buy the Season Pass because DLCs like this one are all about cosmetics. Build your robot, paint it the color you want and give him a voice, it’s almost like Fallout Barbie. I loved Fallout 4 and have spent probably 150 hours exploring the game, but I play it for the story and quests. I didn’t even care much about building the settlement in the main game. That’s why I can’t wait for the Maine expansion and that’s the one I will buy.

• BuckyKat says:

I caved on the last day before it went up in price, i just hope im not kicking myself as it mostly poop, rather feeling a bit more smug than those that didn’t! #sorrynotsorry

• thedosbox says:

I’m not sure that’s entirely true for this. The trailer implies there are some missions added around finding and finishing off the mechanist.

9. Bodylotion says:

I know most of the Fallout 4 fans are probably excited about this DLC. Personally, I think it could be fun as long as I stop comparing it to the classic Fallout games. The whole game seems to be like some kind of Circus with Bethesda coming up with new crazy acts instead of staying with the core of what made the circus so great.

10. racccoon says:

love the idea of this should of been there anyway, but, I wonder when we can kill the minutemen without using a script & be able to start our own formation of people. I knocked out everything else in the game but the minutemen just won’t go..all they do is kneel and recover. lol only thing in the game that makes no sense to me, to have so much destruction and yet be so restrictive on certain peoples & unable to form your own.

11. icemann says:

The DLC for Fallout 4 sucks compared to 3 and NV.

First dlc for Fallout 3 was Operation Anchorage, with some decent amount of content added. Value for the $$$ spent.

NV’s 1st was Honest Hearts. Again more content. This one was half half, but still was actual friggin content.

First DLC for Fallout 4? Cosmetic stuff. Boring. No thanks.

• Razumen says:

Did you watch the trailer? There’s obviously new quests and a new enemy to face off against.

12. Peppergomez says:

doesn’t look that good

13. nate009 says:

The world of Fallout 4 is a bit overwhelming at first, there’s a lot more going on than in Fallout 3 – It did put me off playing it but after i read a few guides i was ready to explore

link to downdownup.com

14. Talendra says:

The only thing that disappoints me about this is when I saw the back of that robot on the screenshot, I thought it was someone in power armour on a motorcycle, that would be amazing.